• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What is difference between Global and Platinum SBI IOCL Co-Branded Contactless RuPay Debit Card

bansalp

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I am planning to replace SBI classic debit card (maestro) to one of Rupay debit card. One of the motive is to utilzie friday amazon offer.

Which debit card should I opt for?

Is SBI IOCL Rupay debit card in global variant is eligible?

I am planning to replace SBI classic debit card (maestro) to one of Rupay debit card. One of the motive is to utilzie friday amazon offer.

Which debit card should I opt for?

Is SBI IOCL Rupay debit card in global variant is eligible?
SBI IOCL Rupay Global debit card is a classic variant of Rupay Debit card.

Amazon Pay Friday offer is application on Rupay Platinum Debit Cards only.

You have to apply for SBI IOCL Rupay Platinum debit card from branch to get this offer. (50k MAB is required to get this Platinum Card.)

Thanks for the Info.

How would I know MAB for my account? I rarely used SBI account and it was open long back. What I need to do anything to increase MAB to apply for Rupay PLatinum. Online it is giving me option for global version only.

What other bank should I consider for Rupay platinum Debit card.

Preference is to open online and if possible zero joining and annual fees.

Thanks for the Info.

How would I know MAB for my account? I rarely used SBI account and it was open long back. What I need to do anything to increase MAB to apply for Rupay PLatinum. Online it is giving me option for global version only.

What other bank should I consider for Rupay platinum Debit card.

Preference is to open online and if possible zero joining and annual fees.
Pls add au small finance bank
Superb onboarding experience

I called AU customer care, they informed me that as I already hold AU credit card I am not eligible for their Digital Savings account as Digital Savings account is only for first customer for AU which seems quite strange.

Does any one have any contact in AU small finance bank who can confirm this or help in opening digital savings account?

I called AU customer care, they informed me that as I already hold AU credit card I am not eligible for their Digital Savings account as Digital Savings account is only for first customer for AU which seems quite strange.

Does any one have any contact in AU small finance bank who can confirm this or help in opening digital savings account?
No bank have said like this
Anyways use different mob no and mail than ur credit card

SBI IOCL Rupay Global debit card is a classic variant of Rupay Debit card.

Amazon Pay Friday offer is application on Rupay Platinum Debit Cards only.

You have to apply for SBI IOCL Rupay Platinum debit card from branch to get this offer. (50k MAB is required to get this Platinum Card.)
I've Sbi Rupay Platinum Card, but Amazon Friday offer isn't applicable on the card? any reasons?

Jcb one itself 😑
Here solution - How to change SBI RuPay JCB Platinum to IndianOIL RuPay Platinum debit card -

If you hold SBI RuPay JCB Platinum debit card then you already know currently 20% upto 100 off Amazon Add money offer is not working on all JCB variant debit cards but SBI IndianOIL RuPay Platinum debit card is working.

Many users already face some technical error when we try to apply IndianOIL RuPay Platinum debit card from SBI branch.

Here is the solution -

First hotlist your SBI RuPay JCB Platinum debit card or any activate SBI RuPay debit card available in your account then hotlist your card but wait your card still not permanently block yet, visit your branch told your SBI branch staff to block your card permanently and then you can apply for IndianOIL RuPay Platinum debit card without any error from your SBI branch.

IndianOIL RuPay Platinum debit card - card code - "IRP".

This information is shared by @anonymuos

He told me full story -

Yes submitted the form on Thursday if I remember correctly. It didn't issue correctly at first despite hotlisting JCB from Yono. The staff lady tried to issue IOCL many times earlier and failed. She also had no idea. Then she told me something I didn't know and said maybe she could try that as a last resort.

Even after hotlisting a card from our end, it's only temporarily blocked in SBI's system unless the staff puts a "Permanently blocked" mark on it. If the system now has a 1-RuPay card limitation, she may have to permanently hotlist JCB first. I told her "Go ahead, try that". She tried and it worked. Yesterday it started showing finally as "Request accepted" for IOCL. Numerous earlier attempts by SBI staff when 1st RuPay card existed were failing to get 2nd RuPay issued by the system.

Last edited:
Here solution - How to change SBI RuPay JCB Platinum to IndianOIL RuPay Platinum debit card -

If you hold SBI RuPay JCB Platinum debit card then you already know currently 20% upto 100 off Amazon Add money offer is not working on all JCB variant debit cards but SBI IndianOIL RuPay Platinum debit card is working.

Many users already face some technical error when we try to apply IndianOIL RuPay Platinum debit card from SBI branch.
Here is the solution -

First hotlist your SBI RuPay JCB Platinum debit card or any activate SBI RuPay debit card available in your account then hotlist your card but wait your card still not permanently block yet, visit your branch told your SBI branch staff to block your card permanently and then you can apply for IndianOIL RuPay Platinum debit card without any error from your SBI branch.

IndianOIL RuPay Platinum debit card - card code - "IRP".

This information is shared by @anonymuos

He told me full story -

Yes submitted the form on Thursday if I remember correctly. It didn't issue correctly at first despite hotlisting JCB from Yono. The staff lady tried to issue IOCL many times earlier and failed. She also had no idea. Then she told me something I didn't know and said maybe she could try that as a last resort.

Even after hotlisting a card from our end, it's only temporarily blocked in SBI's system unless the staff puts a "Permanently blocked" mark on it. If the system now has a 1-RuPay card limitation, she may have to permanently hotlist JCB first. I told her "Go ahead, try that". She tried and it worked. Yesterday it started showing finally as "Request accepted" for IOCL. Numerous earlier attempts by SBI staff when 1st RuPay card existed were failing to get 2nd RuPay issued by the system.
bruh, thanks for the info. btw, last month itself I've blocked Classic card to get the Platinum one just for higher Withdrawal limit. Just for the purpose of Amazon offer, i don't want to clear all these hurdles 😂. Just am new to these cards & wanted to learn a few things regarding them. btw, I've come to know a bit more.

bruh, thanks for the info. btw, last month itself I've blocked Classic card to get the Platinum one just for higher Withdrawal limit. Just for the purpose of Amazon offer, i don't want to clear all these hurdles 😂. Just am new to these cards & wanted to learn a few things regarding them. btw, I've come to know a bit more.
So you haven't tried to convert JCB to IRP?

Back