• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which cheapest SBI Card to be applied for SBI Card offers?

gamersgzb

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi all,

I have SBI CB card and I want to apply another SBI card (cheapest) because CB do not applies to amazon and other instant discount offers. I would prefer to apply RUPAY card but you can propose non RUPAY card as well. I do not have much fuel spends due to WFH, this card will be just a back up SBI card.

Note: I am getting FYF RUPAY SIMPLYSAVE card offers daily from SBI. Should I apply this or some another card like BPCL?

Thanks

I got IRCTC SBI. Rs 300 + GST. No annual fee waiver. Works for online offers but there is a catch. If you avail of the discount, you will get points credited to your IRCTC account and you'll be charged the Rs value of those points in your statement. So, say you bought a phone from Amazon for Rs 12500 after a Rs 1500 SBI Offer discount. You'll get 100 pts (1p/Rs125) in your IRCTC account and Rs 100 will be charged to your CC statement.

Now this card is available in a RuPay variant too. If you travel alone by AC trains and rake up ticket costs of at least Rs 3000 or more the card will pay for itself. It won't reward you well for your copassenger's fares.

Hi all,

I have SBI CB card and I want to apply another SBI card (cheapest) because CB do not applies to amazon and other instant discount offers. I would prefer to apply RUPAY card but you can propose non RUPAY card as well. I do not have much fuel spends due to WFH, this card will be just a back up SBI card.

Note: I am getting FYF RUPAY SIMPLYSAVE card offers daily from SBI. Should I apply this or some another card like BPCL?

Thanks
As you mentioned you don't require for fule spends and want it as a back up card for your SBI CB card mainly for ht emerchant offers (ie 15% of during sale), I strongly recommend to get the pre-approved SBI Rupay Simply Save FYF.. mainly because , there will be no CIBIL hit and and instanlty approved and generated and serves all your purposes.

I have excatl the same combo.. SBI CB card LTF along with SBI Rupay Simply Save FYF.. we can easily get the fee waived next year for Simply Save and later can also turn it inot LTF..

all the best

Hi all,

Thanks
better you take the pre-approved one

better you take the pre-approved one
As you mentioned you don't require for fule spends and want it as a back up card for your SBI CB card mainly for ht emerchant offers (ie 15% of during sale), I strongly recommend to get the pre-approved SBI Rupay Simply Save FYF.. mainly because , there will be no CIBIL hit and and instanlty approved and generated and serves all your purposes.

I have excatl the same combo.. SBI CB card LTF along with SBI Rupay Simply Save FYF.. we can easily get the fee waived next year for Simply Save and later can also turn it inot LTF..

all the best
I saw in the portal that it has pre approved bpcl rupay card as well, do you guys think i should go for that considering 50000 is the reversal criteria

Last edited:
I got IRCTC SBI. Rs 300 + GST. No annual fee waiver. Works for online offers but there is a catch. If you avail of the discount, you will get points credited to your IRCTC account and you'll be charged the Rs value of those points in your statement. So, say you bought a phone from Amazon for Rs 12500 after a Rs 1500 SBI Offer discount. You'll get 100 pts (1p/Rs125) in your IRCTC account and Rs 100 will be charged to your CC statement.

Now this card is available in a RuPay variant too. If you travel alone by AC trains and rake up ticket costs of at least Rs 3000 or more the card will pay for itself. It won't reward you well for your copassenger's fares.
A catch? 🤔😅

I failed to understand the '....will be charged to your CC statement' part. Could you please explain?

If we are being 'charged' an amount equal to the cashback/discount after adding the same to the IRCTC account, how does that makes sense?

Lets say I did a single transaction in a month of ₹125. Will my statement contain following two entries?
1. Debit ₹125 (the primary transaction)
2. Debit ₹1 (charge)
Total Amount Due: ₹126 (??)

And will the IRCTC Loyalty Account contain one entry as follows?
1. Credit ₹1

If this is how it is, it is equivalent to not getting a reward (actually it is even worse that (1) I have to pay ₹1 in a month and (2) there is a restriction on how I can spend that ₹1)

Hi all,

Thanks
2nd SBI Card -

3 cards recommended, apne choice k uppar apply karlo.

SimplySave RuPay
BPCL RuPay (BPCL Platinum),
Octane BPCL RuPay JCB

SimplySave Rupay and BPCL Rupay mei hi confuse hu .. help Karo yaar inme se choose karne mei
You can take the BPCL cc. It is effectively FYF as you get 2000 reward points on payment of joining fee. It has only 50k fee waiver criteria. And if ever you have fuel spends, you will get good rewards.

You can take the BPCL cc. It is effectively FYF as you get 2000 reward points on payment of joining fee. It has only 50k fee waiver criteria. And if ever you have fuel spends, you will get good rewards.
Yeah but there is a rewards redemption charges of ₹99 + gst for all SBI credit cards.

As most of them have suggested, BPCL has lowest waiver criteria.

But if your need is only for twice/thrice for online offers, why not lend from friends/family. Unless its LTF, why stack up card, when intended use is probable & limited.

I have lend my cards to friends/family & viceversa, they/I pay upfront. For online sales, it much easier.

As most of them have suggested, BPCL has lowest waiver criteria.

But if your need is only for twice/thrice for online offers, why not lend from friends/family. Unless its LTF, why stack up card, when intended use is probable & limited.

I have lend my cards to friends/family & viceversa, they/I pay upfront. For online sales, it much easier.
I was also thinking about this..

A catch? 🤔😅

I failed to understand the '....will be charged to your CC statement' part. Could you please explain?

If we are being 'charged' an amount equal to the cashback/discount after adding the same to the IRCTC account, how does that makes sense?

Lets say I did a single transaction in a month of ₹125. Will my statement contain following two entries?
1. Debit ₹125 (the primary transaction)
2. Debit ₹1 (charge)
Total Amount Due: ₹126 (??)

And will the IRCTC Loyalty Account contain one entry as follows?
1. Credit ₹1

If this is how it is, it is equivalent to not getting a reward (actually it is even worse that (1) I have to pay ₹1 in a month and (2) there is a restriction on how I can spend that ₹1)
It appears that I over-communicated
The auto-debit of reward points happens ONLY IF you have availed of the 10% discount on Amazon/Flipkart during the sale. Let me take a couple of examples.
1. There is no sale going on. You buy a phone worth Rs 15000 from Flipkart. You will get 120 pts in your IRCTC account. Your statement will only show a debit of 15000. That's it.
2. There is a 10% OFF upto Rs 1500 sale going on. You buy a phone worth Rs 15000 and get Rs 1500 OFF. So, you pay Rs 13500 via your card. That amount will show up on your card. You are not supposed to get any pts for this transaction but you will still get 108 pts in your IRCTC account. So you will also be charged Rs 108 in your statement.

Basically, SBI does not want you to double-dip i.e. get 10% discount and get pts.

For folks in Tier 1 cities, Max/Spar/Landmark cards are also good options. You get points worth the fees back; hence, you just end up paying the GST. You also get the option to select different variants based on your usage.

Back