• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which is the Best Bank in India?

CARDBITRAGE

TF Legend
Hey everyone! I opened this thread so that anyone who has had an exceptional experience(or otherwise) with any bank can share their thoughts and experiences to help others decide when they open an account somewhere. I currently hold accounts with SBI, BOB and HDFC. My experience thus far with HDFC has led me to believe they may just be the best bank in India. I'm waiting to hear from you all.
Thanks. :)

I prefer HDFC, Although their app is average, I find it decent in terms of customer support and features.

Kotak: I really don’t like their app so not using the account much.

ICICI: I had high hopes on ICICI Bank after seeing lot of positive reviews on this page, however, what annoys me is that fact that when I tried to open a digital savings account today, they made a CIBIL hard enquiry of personal loan, they did the same things last year when I tried to open an account. This is unacceptable!

IDFC: App & Netbanking is good, works fast and has got good features. The bank is to improve a lot in terms of customer support and complaint resolution. Overall, fairly satisfied.

Please tell about your experience with HDFC
I agree they're not perfect. But I've not faced a lot of snags from their side on most things tbh. Unlike most banks, employees acknowledge your presence, but that may be the case with my branch. If I did face an issue, the customer support executive mostly knew what they were talking about. They have a pretty robust and reliable netbanking facility. Their base variant accounts are loaded with so many benefits as well. Rms are pretty much parasites everywhere so I don't want to comment on that. But they're pretty decent according to me.

Last edited:
I have opened multiple accounts in the last year and here is my ranking
1.Axis Burgundy
2. IndusInd Pioneer
3. ICICI Wealth
4. HDFC preferred
Maybe the people preferring HDFC is because of their past experiences. As a new customer it is a pathetic bank barely above sbi. Took me more than a month to get a secured credit card.
Thank you @Kartik2022 for sharing the list

User interface still better than HDFC but I also agree, it has way too many bugs, even upi does not work properly and their Internet Banking is also stuck in 90s. Now they have also made it mandatory for android users to share location all the time, the app won’t work otherwise.
And most of their tabs doesn't even work. We keep on clicking but they're unresponsive😂

Hey everyone! I opened this thread so that anyone who has had an exceptional experience(or otherwise) with any bank can share their thoughts and experiences to help others decide when they open an account somewhere. I currently hold accounts with SBI, BOB and HDFC. My experience thus far with HDFC has led me to believe they may just be the best bank in India. I'm waiting to hear from you all.
Thanks. :)

I currently have account in Hdfc (Imperia) , Icici, Axis (Liberty) , Kotak 811, IDFC, Paytm, Post office.
And previously had account in SBI, Bob, DBS.

Hdfc as always king. Competitive loan rates, faster process, wide acceptance, overall good offers. Only cons - RMs always try to sell you Ulips or other hdfc plans.

Icici is queen. App never sucks. Staff is always helpful.

Axis - Grabdeals offers good. Otherwise rude lazy staff. Unnecessary charges and then refund. If you need help, first they will ask you to listen their bakwaas plans.

Idfc is next future king. Good offers + better loan offers. Someday going to replace h with I.

Sbi only if you live in a upscale city.

Bob - I miss bob. When I was student, I had account in another city. That account is now in minus because I can't maintain..also can't visit that city just to close that account.

Post office - Always safest option. Staff mostly good in all locations. For investment there are agents who give you 2% cashback upfront ( Rd, NSC, PLI,Sukanya )

Paytm - A must , side bank.. if you do 1000s of UPI transactions . Because success rate is 99.99% even in night.

I currently have account in Hdfc (Imperia) , Icici, Axis (Liberty) , Kotak 811, IDFC, Paytm, Post office.
And previously had account in SBI, Bob, DBS.

Hdfc as always king. Competitive loan rates, faster process, wide acceptance, overall good offers. Only cons - RMs always try to sell you Ulips or other hdfc plans.

Icici is queen. App never sucks. Staff is always helpful.

Axis - Grabdeals offers good. Otherwise rude lazy staff. Unnecessary charges and then refund. If you need help, first they will ask you to listen their bakwaas plans.

Idfc is next future king. Good offers + better loan offers. Someday going to replace h with I.

Sbi only if you live in a upscale city.

Bob - I miss bob. When I was student, I had account in another city. That account is now in minus because I can't maintain..also can't visit that city just to close that account.

Post office - Always safest option. Staff mostly good in all locations. For investment there are agents who give you 2% cashback upfront ( Rd, NSC, PLI,Sukanya )

Paytm - A must , side bank.. if you do 1000s of UPI transactions . Because success rate is 99.99% even in night.
Nice that other people also recognise that the best neo/digital bank is PayTM

Literally never has it failed me while doing a UPI transaction

I could write an essay on countless scenarios happened to me.. all these fancy banks even hdfc did not help me sometimes when I had to transfer around 3 lacs rupees to unknown shopkeeper or in emergency scenarios.
Paytm is always best for UPI doing transactions.
For annual tax statement, it is not good to show 1000s of UPI transactions. Printing cost will be high. So a side bank like Paytm is must. Every month I transfer 30k from hdfc to Paytm. Nd use paytm for all UPI transactions.

I have opened multiple accounts in the last year and here is my ranking
1.Axis Burgundy
2. IndusInd Pioneer
3. ICICI Wealth
4. HDFC preferred
Maybe the people preferring HDFC is because of their past experiences. As a new customer it is a pathetic bank barely above sbi. Took me more than a month to get a secured credit card.
In ICICI Wealth, we dont have to maintain minimum amount. What about IndusInd Pioneer and Burgundy. Do we have to maintain minimum amount there ?

Pro Tip: Make FD 7 days before & earn 3.5% p.a.
(No charges on breaking FD, so you can do day to day UPI txns on Paytm app from Paytm Bank FD with 0 charges)
Using Paytm app is must, otherwise it will show insufficient funds in other apps

Back