• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which is the Best Bank in India?

CARDBITRAGE

TF Legend
Hey everyone! I opened this thread so that anyone who has had an exceptional experience(or otherwise) with any bank can share their thoughts and experiences to help others decide when they open an account somewhere. I currently hold accounts with SBI, BOB and HDFC. My experience thus far with HDFC has led me to believe they may just be the best bank in India. I'm waiting to hear from you all.
Thanks. :)

Can you rank their apps as per your experience?
For my personal experience
1 Jupiter/Fi/Paytm (smoothest to navigate in the app, no bugs or glitches found, beautiful UI. But one con for Fi and especially Jupiter is that they take ages to open the app but once they open they're very smooth)
2 Axis (no problems of bugs till now, not too smooth but gets the job done properly)
3 HDFC (no bugs or glitches found but boring UI and very few features in the app)
4 ICICI/SBI (a lot of options and features in the app but riddled with bugs and glitches, slow AF but UI looks good and sometimes works very well)
5 Indian bank/Allahabad bank (I have recently closed the account, the less I talk about the whole experience, not just the app, the better)

This is just my experience on Android OS
Your experience may vary a lot.

1 Jupiter/Fi/Paytm (smoothest to navigate in the app, no bugs or glitches found, beautiful UI. But one con for Fi and especially Jupiter is that they take ages to open the app but once they open they're very smooth)
2 Axis (no problems of bugs till now, not too smooth but gets the job done properly)
3 HDFC (no bugs or glitches found but boring UI and very few features in the app)
4 ICICI/SBI (a lot of options and features in the app but riddled with bugs and glitches, slow AF but UI looks good and sometimes works very well)
5 Indian bank/Allahabad bank (I have recently closed the account, the less I talk about the whole experience, not just the app, the better)

As per me the experience is this on iOS: (Ranking from Good to worst)

1. IDFC First- They have the best app. Clean UI. Easier to navigate.

2. Fi- Their UI is great as well.

3. iMobile- It is smooth.

4. HDFC- Their app is smooth but due to bad tech, it fails to login most of the time.

5. Axis Mobile- Their app is good. UI is not so good.

6. Paytm- My problem is we have to switch on location everytime while logging into their Payments bank. Otherwise UI is clean.

6. RBL Mycards- Their app is hard to deal with. Few tabs don't even work.

7. NSDL Jiffy- Just an app. Getthe things done.

8. Indus Mobile- Worst app so far. Most of the tabs don't work. App is so cluttered.

9. Niyo Global- Worst app. Maybe because of their underlying SBM bank. Recent update makes it Mandatory to switch on location to log into the app.

Please tell about your experience with HDFC
Bakwas bank bakwas service. I want to apply for cc but i cant apply online as in getting error branch employees are useless, Twitter support dont know anything suggest me same and useless solutions and they dont even reply my emails i even wrote to Nordal officer 2 weeks ago and got no reply. Icici is million times better they solve every query regarding anything in just 1 call

Before this message I was afraid to mention Fi - Federal Bank, but I guess I can openly mention it...
I've been an SBI customer my whole life since I have connections there to get work done relatively fast offline, online is 'OK', didn't expect much though...

My personal opinion is heavily based on Neobanking and User experience above others
1. Fi - Unbelievable, have had my account opened in 3 hrs on a SUNDAY, and issues resolved in barely a few mins to an hour approx other times.. User Experience is by far the best, as well as products and features offered by Federal Bank through Fi. Absolute gem!
2. OneCard: I know OneCard gets a lot of shade as a CC, but the app is by far the best CC app I've seen or come across.
3. SBI Card App: Neat and clean, gets the job done, is quite reliable too. No fancy new age UI or designs.
4. SBI Savings Acc App: They have 2 versions of their 'YONO' app, and while the experience offline is slowly getting better, it still sucks. Almost like a govt office. But I haven't really had to visit the branch for anything for the last 3-5 years, everything has been online and the app gets the job done. Barely any downtime.

I've originally heard that HDFC is the best (I haven't tried, but was going to open an acc there), so this thread has me confused if I should create an acc there or not... Same with IndusInd.
Axis has forever been a goldmine of hidden charges haha! My family member has an account there and hates it because of the number of charges they have.
Kotak I've heard is good, but Customer service can be a pain, and ICICI has proven unreliable for many people that I've been in contact with that have salary accounts there...

I'm planning to open Savings accounts in HDFC and IndusInd for bucketing expenses, and to hopefully get their CC offers as well (Legend CC offer from IndusInd via their Delite Acc)
Although I'm reconsidering now... Whether ICICI is better

Before this message I was afraid to mention Fi - Federal Bank, but I guess I can openly mention it...
I've been an SBI customer my whole life since I have connections there to get work done relatively fast offline, online is 'OK', didn't expect much though...

My personal opinion is heavily based on Neobanking and User experience above others
1. Fi - Unbelievable, have had my account opened in 3 hrs on a SUNDAY, and issues resolved in barely a few mins to an hour approx other times.. User Experience is by far the best, as well as products and features offered by Federal Bank through Fi. Absolute gem!
2. OneCard: I know OneCard gets a lot of shade as a CC, but the app is by far the best CC app I've seen or come across.
3. SBI Card App: Neat and clean, gets the job done, is quite reliable too. No fancy new age UI or designs.
4. SBI Savings Acc App: They have 2 versions of their 'YONO' app, and while the experience offline is slowly getting better, it still sucks. Almost like a govt office. But I haven't really had to visit the branch for anything for the last 3-5 years, everything has been online and the app gets the job done. Barely any downtime.

I've originally heard that HDFC is the best (I haven't tried, but was going to open an acc there), so this thread has me confused if I should create an acc there or not... Same with IndusInd.
Axis has forever been a goldmine of hidden charges haha! My family member has an account there and hates it because of the number of charges they have.
Kotak I've heard is good, but Customer service can be a pain, and ICICI has proven unreliable for many people that I've been in contact with that have salary accounts there...

I'm planning to open Savings accounts in HDFC and IndusInd for bucketing expenses, and to hopefully get their CC offers as well (Legend CC offer from IndusInd via their Delite Acc)
Although I'm reconsidering now... Whether ICICI is better
I use Onecard and SBI Card app too and I agree that both apps are very good but Onecard app is one of the smoothest and best looking UI among most CC apps. But their customer service isn't good in my personal experience.

UPDATE:
1. AXIS and ICICI revamped their ios app and seems to run much smoother now.
2. For those who hold a Bob account, credit cards can now be added on BOB World app. You can consider uninstalling their pathetic bobcards app. XD

In terms of tech, customer care, flexibility. Occasional offers & sometimes in terms of credit card, I declare ICICI bank is the best bank in India with customer centric services.
Other than credit card rest everything works perfectly with icici

Funny how in India, depending on the particular branch, the BM and the staff competence experienced during the period considered, and also on the depth and breadth of personal experiences, the impression of a particular Bank can vary so wildly!

In my own experience, ICICI is decidedly amongst the worst of all Indian private banks, rated even lower than Axis. -- And that's saying something!

Back