• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Why Kotak 811 is the best digital Account? Explained.

Deadman

TF Buzz
I have
1. Salary Account in SBI since last six years but no special credit card offers and non existent offers for debit cards.
(I think HDFC offers good lifetime free debit cards with savings max account- Millennia and Easyshop platinum)

2. Zero mab digital account in icici with 95k initial funding (can withdraw immediately). Mobile banking and netbanking experience is good but there is one weired problem. When i try to pay someone, imobile sometimes shows error "trasaction limit exceeded" or "No. of trasactions exceeded" something like this i don't remember it correctly right now. This error appears even if i have done no trasaction in last 2-3 days.(though it happens 1 out of 10, which is still not good in emergency situation). I could not find similar problem on internet, i don't know whats wrong with my account.

3. Indusind Digi Start with 20k initial funding (can withdraw immediately)
Titanium debit card with Rs. 249 issuance charge and Rs. 500 renewal charge. Blocked it after opening account because i already have debit cards of sbi, icici, uco bank and gramin bank in my family with annual charges from 0 to Rs. 200 range. Don't need more debit cards.

4. Payment Bank accounts- Paytm, Jio, Airtel, Fi-Federal. Only virtal cards, no physical dc. Only keep small amount for UPI and occasional special offers. No big trasactions (account freezing issues with some people)

5. Recently opened IDFC digital account with 10k mab but closed it within a week. Reason- we can't set desired UPI id. Bank provides PhoneNumber@idfcbank by default with no option to change it afterwards. Customer care also said many people had complained about this. Most of my trasactions are through concerned bank apps and i don't want my phone number revealed to third parties.

6. Bank of baroda B3 plus zero mab account. Provides option of only virtual dc. But its ios app is pain in the a**. Crashes many times which is rare for an ios app. Cant see its virtual card cvv. Every time i click on show cvv, error appears "invalid response from HSM". I saw many people facing this issue. Saw a post on TF community, someone faced similar issue and had to click 25-30 times. I done the same, cvv appeared and i noted it down. Still facing the same issue, have to click 20-25 times. And bigger pain in the a** is UPI. Can not set UPI in ios device. I have tried more than 300 times and every time error appears "Sorry for inconvenience. Kindly contact to bank". I inserted my sim in secondary android device, upi set up was successful. Then again inserted in ios device (sofware and app both upto date). Same error again. Linked it to phonepe, set up upi and i'm done with this slow bob world app.

7. Now lets talk about kotak 811 account. SMOOTH UI. Best thing is we can open this account with phone number not linked with our aadhar card. Almost all digital bank accounts require phone number linked with Aadhar card. But Kotak only requires otp sent to aadhar number. And i have never faced any serves issue till now, have done countless trasactions with no account freezing issue. Abused this account like hell. It also provide option to opt for only virtual debit card. Ecomm offers work flawlessly on this card, unlike indusind virtual card where offers are only for specific physical debit cards.
In my view, Kotak 811 is the only digital bank account which also work as a traditional bank account with no strings attached. Turn off sms alerts and it works as lifetime free account without any disappointment.

These are my personal views based on my experience, not affiliated to anything.

I have
1. Salary Account in SBI since last six years but no special credit card offers and non existent offers for debit cards.
(I think HDFC offers good lifetime free debit cards with savings max account- Millennia and Easyshop platinum)

2. Zero mab digital account in icici with 95k initial funding (can withdraw immediately). Mobile banking and netbanking experience is good but there is one weired problem. When i try to pay someone, imobile sometimes shows error "trasaction limit exceeded" or "No. of trasactions exceeded" something like this i don't remember it correctly right now. This error appears even if i have done no trasaction in last 2-3 days.(though it happens 1 out of 10, which is still not good in emergency situation). I could not find similar problem on internet, i don't know whats wrong with my account.

Titanium debit card with Rs. 249 issuance charge and Rs. 500 renewal charge. Blocked it after opening account because i already have debit cards of sbi, icici, uco bank and gramin bank in my family with annual charges from 0 to Rs. 200 range. Don't need more debit cards.

4. Payment Bank accounts- Paytm, Jio, Airtel, Fi-Federal. Only virtal cards, no physical dc. Only keep small amount for UPI and occasional special offers. No big trasactions (account freezing issues with some people)

5. Recently opened IDFC digital account with 10k mab but closed it within a week. Reason- we can't set desired UPI id. Bank provides PhoneNumber@idfcbank by default with no option to change it afterwards. Customer care also said many people had complained about this. Most of my trasactions are through concerned bank apps and i don't want my phone number revealed to third parties.

6. Bank of baroda B3 plus zero mab account. Provides option of only virtual dc. But its ios app is pain in the a**. Crashes many times which is rare for an ios app. Cant see its virtual card cvv. Every time i click on show cvv, error appears "invalid response from HSM". I saw many people facing this issue. Saw a post on TF community, someone faced similar issue and had to click 25-30 times. I done the same, cvv appeared and i noted it down. Still facing the same issue, have to click 20-25 times. And bigger pain in the a** is UPI. Can not set UPI in ios device. I have tried more than 300 times and every time error appears "Sorry for inconvenience. Kindly contact to bank". I inserted my sim in secondary android device, upi set up was successful. Then again inserted in ios device (sofware and app both upto date). Same error again. Linked it to phonepe, set up upi and i'm done with this slow bob world app.

7. Now lets talk about kotak 811 account. SMOOTH UI. Best thing is we can open this account with phone number not linked with our aadhar card. Almost all digital bank accounts require phone number linked with Aadhar card. But Kotak only requires otp sent to aadhar number. And i have never faced any serves issue till now, have done countless trasactions with no account freezing issue. Abused this account like hell. It also provide option to opt for only virtual debit card. Ecomm offers work flawlessly on this card, unlike indusind virtual card where offers are only for specific physical debit cards.
In my view, Kotak 811 is the only digital bank account which also work as a traditional bank account with no strings attached. Turn off sms alerts and it works as lifetime free account without any disappointment.

Bob world have some problem.
1. Cvv error is there. So i just save the details on notes.
2. Lot of the function don't work passed 10pm.
3. Imps charges are inconsistent. Sometimes they changed me, sometimes they don't.
4. And for two months i was unable to view the virtual dc.
5. Customer care number says invalid account no when you want talk to them.

I was thinking about kotak, but they are not serviceable in my area.

Bob world have some problem.
1. Cvv error is there. So i just save the details on notes.
2. Lot of the function don't work passed 10pm.
3. Imps charges are inconsistent. Sometimes they changed me, sometimes they don't.
4. And for two months i was unable to view the virtual dc.
5. Customer care number says invalid account no when you want talk to them.

I was thinking about kotak, but they are not serviceable in my area.
My permanent residential address is in a distant village where there are no banking services upto 20 km. I filled wrong address and told during vkyc that I live there on rent. Since no physical debit card/chequebook/passbook are issued so no problem till now.

Now lets talk about kotak 811 account. SMOOTH UI. Best thing is we can open this account with phone number not linked with our aadhar card. Almost all digital bank accounts require phone number linked with Aadhar card. But Kotak only requires otp sent to aadhar number. And i have never faced any serves issue till now, have done countless trasactions with no account freezing issue. Abused this account like hell. It also provide option to opt for only virtual debit card. Ecomm offers work flawlessly on this card, unlike indusind virtual card where offers are only for specific physical debit cards.
I agree, kotak 811 account provides good service. But regarding ecom offers, Kotak has started to exclude 811 cards on ecom offers. Couple of months ago on Amazon, Kotak offer was ongoing and they explicitly mentioned in T&C "offer does not apply to 811 debit cards". It used to work but not anymore.

I have

Btw, how many account do you have?

I agree, kotak 811 account provides good service. But regarding ecom offers, Kotak has started to exclude 811 cards on ecom offers. Couple of months ago on Amazon, Kotak offer was ongoing and they explicitly mentioned in T&C "offer does not apply to 811 debit cards". It used to work but not anymore.
There was 20% instant off on kotak debit cards on Tata Neu app last week. Virtual card worked without any problem. But yeah with more people opting for 811, kotak will start favouring their paying customers.

I have

Yeah, hdfc pre approved offer are very good. Got tata neu plus (ltf) with in 5 months of account opening.

Yeah, hdfc pre approved offer are very good. Got tata neu plus (ltf) with in 5 months of account opening.
First they rejected paid money-back then rejected ltf millenia on c2c basis. I am not opening account with them because many people here said "they don't care about existing customers, only cater for new ones"

Back