• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Yes Bank Grandeur Account

What about NTB customers? My father has 13L+ limit on his Regalia CC and as HDFC is not upgrading him, is there any hope for marquee card? Or maybe even LTF?
just buy an emirates first class ticket to lax or something and refund after they upgrade your card to infinia. even if they take a while to upgrade it, buy a ticket that is in march or so of next year so you can easily cancel the flight.

just buy an emirates first class ticket to lax or something and refund after they upgrade your card to infinia. even if they take a while to upgrade it, buy a ticket that is in march or so of next year so you can easily cancel the flight.
:eyes: have thought of this but there's two things:

1. We will have to pay for the tickets from our pockets first because HDFC won't upgrade before the statement is generated.
2. The spend based criteria is not an automatic approval, right? And it's also not guaranteed anyways.
3. I am going to purchase a car soon and we are thinking of paying the down payment via the card of about 10L for activating the spend based approval if possible, that way they can't point fingers at us later on if something were to happen and it will be a genuine transaction.

:eyes: have thought of this but there's two things:

1. We will have to pay for the tickets from our pockets first because HDFC won't upgrade before the statement is generated.
2. The spend based criteria is not an automatic approval, right? And it's also not guaranteed anyways.
3. I am going to purchase a car soon and we are thinking of paying the down payment via the card of about 10L for activating the spend based approval if possible, that way they can't point fingers at us later on if something were to happen and it will be a genuine transaction.
if you meet the limit and the spends criteria, you need to email for the upgrade. Since you have the money set aside for the car anyway, if the purchase is not soon, you could buy the ticket, pay the flight money and when you refund it, the money will go to your credit card or your savings where you will anyway use it for the car.

after the upgrade they won't do anything.

if you meet the limit and the spends criteria, you need to email for the upgrade. Since you have the money set aside for the car anyway, if the purchase is not soon, you could buy the ticket, pay the flight money and when you refund it, the money will go to your credit card or your savings where you will anyway use it for the car.

after the upgrade they won't do anything.
But what happens if he requests for refund after upgrading ig Old card is closed right? So how the refund will be processed?

What about NTB customers? My father has 13L+ limit on his Regalia CC and as HDFC is not upgrading him, is there any hope for marquee card? Or maybe even LTF?
talking about marquee, just go to the yes bank credit card application and fill it out, they will definitely give you the option for marquee as your dad has a card that has 13L limit.

But what happens if he requests for refund after upgrading ig Old card is closed right? So how the refund will be processed?
the old card will not be closed until you activate the new card, so just ask the bank to transfer the refund amount back to your savings account and after that, activate the upgraded card.

1728397540913.webp

the old card will not be closed until you activate the new card, so just ask the bank to transfer the refund amount back to your savings account and after that, activate the upgraded card.

View attachment 71587
Also, I think that refund is processed in the credit account, not exactly the credit card number. And even in case of an upgrade, the credit account remains the same, but just the card number changes. I could be wrong though.

@Grandeur @theflash or anyone who knows these accounts. I visited Yes Bank branch yesterday,
They told me they would open the Grandeur account with 5 lakh IP (I am planning to do it with 10L to get 1L credit limit; seriously, 50k for a premium card seems like a joke!!!). They said that if I wanted to do family banking, then they would open other accounts with 50k IP and group them with my account.
P
Queries:
1. If we apply Marquee from a family member's account then what will be the limit in that case, the IP is only 50k so I am sure they are not going to give the card with a 5k limit
2. Related to the first point, If they give a card then, whether the limit be shared across the family (this is very unlikely as we are talking about the individual cards, not the addon cards)
3. The 5 lakh MAB requirement, the branch lady and BM told me that it is strict requirement, the downgrade will happen for sure if I don't keep 5lakh in savings or 20 TRV, So my question is , Is it fine if lets assume if there is family group of two and one account is having 1L while other is having 4L ?
4. Is there any devaluation happening on this card? I read in the forum that some categories got removed, capping was introduced
5. Which program is better for someone who seeks better cards and lifestyle benefits? Grandeur or First?

I hold an HDFC Imperia account, and I have Millenia (6+ L limit) , HDFC is not giving any upgrade, Last week even tried MD desk but no luck.

@Grandeur @theflash or anyone who knows these accounts. I visited Yes Bank branch yesterday,
They told me they would open the Grandeur account with 5 lakh IP (I am planning to do it with 10L to get 1L credit limit; seriously, 50k for a premium card seems like a joke!!!). They said that if I wanted to do family banking, then they would open other accounts with 50k IP and group them with my account.
P
Queries:
1. If we apply Marquee from a family member's account then what will be the limit in that case, the IP is only 50k so I am sure they are not going to give the card with a 5k limit
2. Related to the first point, If they give a card then, whether the limit be shared across the family (this is very unlikely as we are talking about the individual cards, not the addon cards)
3. The 5 lakh MAB requirement, the branch lady and BM told me that it is strict requirement, the downgrade will happen for sure if I don't keep 5lakh in savings or 20 TRV, So my question is , Is it fine if lets assume if there is family group of two and one account is having 1L while other is having 4L ?
4. Is there any devaluation happening on this card? I read in the forum that some categories got removed, capping was introduced
5. Which program is better for someone who seeks better cards and lifestyle benefits? Grandeur or First?

I hold an HDFC Imperia account, and I have Millenia (6+ L limit) , HDFC is not giving any upgrade, Last week even tried MD desk but no luck.
For me Marquee is good only for Unlimited lounge my sole purpose. I have SBI CB CC for all other online spends. And for offline I have very limited usage so it's either Rupay CC or UPI...

1. Not sure.
2. Individual limit for all. But why take individual cards for all where almost all the benefits are applicable on Add-on as well like INFINIA you can get unlimited lounge on Add-on as well.
3.That I'm not sure of I did open with 5L but shortly a month after I reduced to 1L as per my requirement...
and 4+1 should work 99.9% as it's combined balance
4. Yes I luckily got 60k RP as joining now users are getting 40k RP as joining benefits.
5. For Marquee you'll have to open Grandeur only...

thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

2. Individual limit for all. But why take individual cards for all where almost all the benefits are applicable on Add-on as well like INFINIA you can get unlimited lounge on Add-on as well.
The reason behind having separate cards is for my account with IP amount of 10L or 5L it will translate to either 50k or 1L credit limit. which is not good and addon cards will share the limit. I would go with addon route if the credit limit on the first card is more than 3L. I am not sure if they can provide more limit on the CC based on my current cards
4. Yes I luckily got 60k RP as joining now users are getting 40k RP as joining benefits.
- Yes, even their website now mentions 40k RP as joining
5. For Marquee you'll have to open Grandeur only...
Yes, I also think that Yes First should be overkill for me as it doesn't offer significant lifestyle benefits over the Grandeur.

thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

The reason behind having separate cards is for my account with IP amount of 10L or 5L it will translate to either 50k or 1L credit limit. which is not good and addon cards will share the limit. I would go with addon route if the credit limit on the first card is more than 3L. I am not sure if they can provide more limit on the CC based on my current cards

- Yes, even their website now mentions 40k RP as joining

Yes, I also think that Yes First should be overkill for me as it doesn't offer significant lifestyle benefits over the Grandeur.
If you have higher amount you can get higher Limit.

30L = 3L

Or add 10L process your card and do the same thing for all other accounts so in this case you'll get 1L individual limit for all users.. but it'll be a bit costly as you'll have to pay roughly 2k JF and 5.9K AF for all the cards.

If you have higher amount you can get higher Limit.

30L = 3L

Or add 10L process your card and do the same thing for all other accounts so in this case you'll get 1L individual limit for all users.. but it'll be a bit costly as you'll have to pay roughly 2k JF and 5.9K AF for all the cards.
Oops, I totally missed the JF and AF part. So, yes for addons we don't have to worry about these fees,
And TBH, We will be paying only GST on AF and JF if we consider the rewards. so what I am thinking is I can close my Axis FK, One Card as it is useless now except the Forex part. after getting this one, I might simplify the CC portfolio to just Marquee, Millenia (in the hope that it will be upgraded someday), HDFC Corporate Premium, SBI Club Vistara Prime (Not sure what will happen to it after the merger with AIR India).

RM from Yes bank just called me and confirmed that I can keep the amount in multiple account but in that case the voucher benefit will not be there.

Oops, I totally missed the JF and AF part. So, yes for addons we don't have to worry about these fees,
And TBH, We will be paying only GST on AF and JF if we consider the rewards. so what I am thinking is I can close my Axis FK, One Card as it is useless now except the Forex part. after getting this one, I might simplify the CC portfolio to just Marquee, Millenia (in the hope that it will be upgraded someday), HDFC Corporate Premium, SBI Club Vistara Prime (Not sure what will happen to it after the merger with AIR India).

RM from Yes bank just called me and confirmed that I can keep the amount in multiple account but in that case the voucher benefit will not be there.
what you could do is, lets say you have 20L as IP, open an account, get a 2L marquee, after a month or so, open another account with the entire amount to get another card with 2L limit. Rinse and repeat.

Just an update, I submitted a 15L IP cheque and received the instant welcome kit.
Branch RM said she would proceed with the CC application once the cheque is cleared mostly tomorrow and I will have the card next week.
A few questions if someone knows about:
1. Does Yes bank have any facility similar to Kotak active money, where the savings balance will still count towards MAB and we still get 7% around interest?
2. What is the preferred way to maintain the account with Yes while still getting interest benefits?
3. Are there any special features/facilities I should be aware of? Most of the info I got from their website and this forum includes free demat ACC with 1 cr free brokerage for the first year, BOGO on CC and DC, approx 4.5% return on online spends on CC, lounge access for primary + addon and some guest visits, and a free locker for the first year. Then we get a 40% discount (we don't need it). Purchase protection with CC. How is their wealth services, I don't think many people are using these services but I could be wrong.

Just an update, I submitted a 15L IP cheque and received the instant welcome kit.
Branch RM said she would proceed with the CC application once the cheque is cleared mostly tomorrow and I will have the card next week.
A few questions if someone knows about:
1. Does Yes bank have any facility similar to Kotak active money, where the savings balance will still count towards MAB and we still get 7% around interest?
2. What is the preferred way to maintain the account with Yes while still getting interest benefits?
3. Are there any special features/facilities I should be aware of? Most of the info I got from their website and this forum includes free demat ACC with 1 cr free brokerage for the first year, BOGO on CC and DC, approx 4.5% return on online spends on CC, lounge access for primary + addon and some guest visits, and a free locker for the first year. Then we get a 40% discount (we don't need it). Purchase protection with CC. How is their wealth services, I don't think many people are using these services but I could be wrong.
did they say you will get 1.5L limit on the card?

Back