• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

080 Lounge Bangalore Review and Its Newly Opened Pay Only Section

In India, with the availability of lounge access through credit card is constantly increasing and people are accessing these lounges during their travel as it comes with a place to rest, and F&B to take rest before boarding to flight.

As it most the credit cards are now offering free lounge access from 1 per quarter to unlimited number of access, the lounges are becoming crowded like other places to take rest and have food at airport. To avoid that crowd, few lounges are popping at few Tier 1 city's airports which do provide limited access through limited cards.

For the selective and more curated way to serve the guests, AMEX has two lounges in India, the Centurion lounges. which are located in two cities only, i.e. Delhi and Mumbai. The access only comes with three credit cards: AMEX Centurion, AMEX Platinum Charge, AMEX Platinum Reserve.

As most of the people don't have an AMEX of that kind, few "premium lounges" are there in India which offers access through other cards as well. One of them is 080 Lounge of BLR Airport. A lounge with very decent food spread, place to work, place to read, place to watch TV, two bars, and recently opened paid only section.
The access through credit cards keeps changing, the current supported credit cards are:

1. AMEX: All cards
2. SBI: All credit cards
3. DBS: All credit cards
4. HSBC: All credit cards

I used my SBI Aurum to get access to it. So here are few snaps I took.

photo_2022-09-17 13.14.14.jpeg

photo_2022-09-17 13.14.32.jpeg

photo_2022-09-17 13.14.17.jpeg

photo_2022-09-17 13.14.20.jpeg

photo_2022-09-17 13.14.23.jpeg

photo_2022-09-17 13.14.25.jpeg

photo_2022-09-17 13.14.28.jpeg

Though the food spread is really good but there's no free drinks, be it alcoholic or non alcoholic beverages. As being a non-alcoholic individual, I went with a mocktail, and it was decent.

photo_2022-09-17 13.14.30.jpeg

Now they've started a new section which is paid only, even if your card have access to the lounge. It has better food spread and beverages. A full À la carte spread, and no specific stay time there. If your card has access to the general section of 080 Lounge, it'll cost you ₹2,999 + GST for access, and if your card don't have access, it'd cost you ₹ 4,130 + GST to access. Some snaps of this section:

photo_2022-09-17 13.14.34.jpeg

photo_2022-09-17 13.14.19.jpeg

photo_2022-09-17 13.14.22.jpeg

photo_2022-09-17 13.14.26.jpeg

photo_2022-09-17 13.14.36.jpeg

So here it's all! Do share which lounge you loved to explore :)

Akashgod

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
The most under rated niyo global also has access to this lounge.. I been der once in blr domestic but somehow in blr international they denied the access saying only allowed for business customers.

theneerex

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I've visited this lounge 4 times using IndusInd Legend Visa Signature card. This lounge is the only reason I still keep that card around

b2tb

TF Buzz
Niyo Global is no longer accepted, neither is DCB

Had to use my HSBC Premier MasterCard with Loungekey 😒

ltf4ever

TF Ace
In India, with the availability of lounge access through credit card is constantly increasing and people are accessing these lounges during their travel as it comes with a place to rest, and F&B to take rest before boarding to flight.

As it most the credit cards are now offering free lounge access from 1 per quarter to unlimited number of access, the lounges are becoming crowded like other places to take rest and have food at airport. To avoid that crowd, few lounges are popping at few Tier 1 city's airports which do provide limited access through limited cards.

For the selective and more curated way to serve the guests, AMEX has two lounges in India, the Centurion lounges. which are located in two cities only, i.e. Delhi and Mumbai. The access only comes with three credit cards: AMEX Centurion, AMEX Platinum Charge, AMEX Platinum Reserve.

As most of the people don't have an AMEX of that kind, few "premium lounges" are there in India which offers access through other cards as well. One of them is 080 Lounge of BLR Airport. A lounge with very decent food spread, place to work, place to read, place to watch TV, two bars, and recently opened paid only section.
The access through credit cards keeps changing, the current supported credit cards are:

1. AMEX: All cards
2. SBI: All credit cards
3. DBS: All credit cards
4. HSBC: All credit cards

I used my SBI Aurum to get access to it. So here are few snaps I took.

photo_2022-09-17 13.14.14.jpeg

photo_2022-09-17 13.14.32.jpeg

photo_2022-09-17 13.14.17.jpeg

photo_2022-09-17 13.14.20.jpeg

photo_2022-09-17 13.14.23.jpeg

photo_2022-09-17 13.14.25.jpeg

photo_2022-09-17 13.14.28.jpeg

Though the food spread is really good but there's no free drinks, be it alcoholic or non alcoholic beverages. As being a non-alcoholic individual, I went with a mocktail, and it was decent.

photo_2022-09-17 13.14.30.jpeg

Now they've started a new section which is paid only, even if your card have access to the lounge. It has better food spread and beverages. A full À la carte spread, and no specific stay time there. If your card has access to the general section of 080 Lounge, it'll cost you ₹2,999 + GST for access, and if your card don't have access, it'd cost you ₹ 4,130 + GST to access. Some snaps of this section:

photo_2022-09-17 13.14.34.jpeg

photo_2022-09-17 13.14.19.jpeg

photo_2022-09-17 13.14.22.jpeg

photo_2022-09-17 13.14.26.jpeg

photo_2022-09-17 13.14.36.jpeg

So here it's all! Do share which lounge you loved to explore :)
can you clarify about hsbc:all cards? did you mean to say all the cards that have domestic lounge access on them?

kalyana36

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Amex Platinum Travel card also works, but only once a quarter. I have used it myself once in June, and again recently on Oct 1st.

anish1516

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Is it mandatory to have a business class ticket to avail these lounges? Or just having the eligible card would do? I also faced the same at Delhi Airport where they have two lounges now, one is for Indian Visa/Master/Rupar etc. Other one is for Amex, Priority Pass etc. Although I had a priority pass (I didn't present it) I was told that this lounge is for Business Class customers.

kalyana36

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Is it mandatory to have a business class ticket to avail these lounges? Or just having the eligible card would do? I also faced the same at Delhi Airport where they have two lounges now, one is for Indian Visa/Master/Rupar etc. Other one is for Amex, Priority Pass etc. Although I had a priority pass (I didn't present it) I was told that this lounge is for Business Class customers.
Presenting an eligible card is enough to gain access.

Pras

TF Buzz
any idea if they check names on boarding passes, or do they allow 2 people as long as 2 different eligible cards are swiped?
I visited twice recently , checked boarding pass in both occasions.

Having eligible cards doesn’t guarantee you entry.

During 1st visit,
-colleague was with me
-I had Infinia Priority pass ( self and add on)
-Amex platinum travel
They checked boarding pass and had to negotiate to take colleague ( used PP for self and Amex for colleague)
- Could not use add on PP ( card holder must be present / boarding pass must match it seems for PP, can’t use for others)

During Second visit
- travelled with family
- had Infinia PP for self and spouse ( so no issues)
- Used Amex plat travel for my young daughter
- No negotiation was required as they understood and allowed me to use Amex for my daughter in my name

Pras

TF Buzz
I visited twice recently , checked boarding pass in both occasions.

Having eligible cards doesn’t guarantee you entry.

During 1st visit,
-colleague was with me
-I had Infinia Priority pass ( self and add on)
-Amex platinum travel
They checked boarding pass and had to negotiate to take colleague ( used PP for self and Amex for colleague)
- Could not use add on PP ( card holder must be present / boarding pass must match it seems for PP, can’t use for others)

During Second visit
- travelled with family
- had Infinia PP for self and spouse ( so no issues)
- Used Amex plat travel for my young daughter
- No negotiation was required as they understood and allowed me to use Amex for my daughter in my name
<Interesting Observation at 080 Lounge>
-Visited this lounge recently again with colleagues
1) I had Infinia Priority pass for myself
2)Used Amex Platinum Travel card of one of the colleagues
3)Tried using add on Infinia Priority pass for another colleague, but not accepted (card holder must be present it seems)
After a lot of negotiation, accepted using my DCB + Some Charges (885 INR)

Interesting Observation:
-In DCB monthly statement , I could see they charged 885 INR and Reversed it.
-Called customer care to confirm, they said since DCB has unlimited Lounge access, this charge was reversed
-Only for reference purpose, lounge will charge and bank will reverse in the statement (effectively no cost to customer)

So in the end I could use 080 Lounge using DCB at free of cost

Other DCB Holders can give it a try
(by the way this Lounge is listed in DCB website, so technically it should be ok to use this card)

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
<Interesting Observation at 080 Lounge>
-Visited this lounge recently again with colleagues
1) I had Infinia Priority pass for myself
2)Used Amex Platinum Travel card of one of the colleagues
3)Tried using add on Infinia Priority pass for another colleague, but not accepted (card holder must be present it seems)
After a lot of negotiation, accepted using my DCB + Some Charges (885 INR)

Interesting Observation:
-In DCB monthly statement , I could see they charged 885 INR and Reversed it.
-Called customer care to confirm, they said since DCB has unlimited Lounge access, this charge was reversed
-Only for reference purpose, lounge will charge and bank will reverse in the statement (effectively no cost to customer)

So in the end I could use 080 Lounge using DCB at free of cost

Other DCB Holders can give it a try
(by the way this Lounge is listed in DCB website, so technically it should be ok to use this card)
Lol nice trick with DCB🤣. But won't take risk with 885rs, when I have other options.

halogodx

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
so apprently they don’t accept DCB , even though it shows on diners website. They said can’t accept hdfc diners club to enter