• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Bird Lounge Dehradun Airport Review

Dehradun the capital city of Uttarakhand is catered by Jolly Grant Airport which is located approx 25km outside the city. It is a domestic airport with limited flights and an even poor mobile connectivity. Currently, the airport is in expansion mode.

tempImageOEThsh.jpg

Check-In​

The check-in was smooth and luckily there was no queue when I reached there. I used my Axis Reserve card to access it. I also enquired as to which all cards there are accepting and the staff told me that currently, they are accepting all cards except AMEX.

tempImagei2PeVM.jpg

After a bit of a struggle, I found some space to get seated. After my check-in, the rush started to get more and more and people were ready to get the food outside the lounge and eat. With no other major seating area in the airport, this lounge definitely needs to be upgraded.

Ambience​

The lounge is quite small and can seat less than 30 people at a time. The best seats are the ones with a runway view. The seats were comfortable with a side table and charging points on every seat. The lounge provided newspaper magazines and Wi-fi also since mobile connectivity is really very poor in this airport.

tempImagewYZSb0.jpg tempImagemh5b9U.jpg

Food​

Food quality was good but with a basic menu and refilling was a bit slow. There was a small bar counter which was providing complimentary soft drinks and hard drinks on a chargeable basis.

tempImageDjOZ1U.jpg tempImage3Audcs.jpg

Overall a good place for a small meal before your flight. Since I was travelling by Vistara Business Class that day so I had taken a token meal that day with some coffee.

Have you ever visited this lounge? Share your experiences in the comments below.

darthvader1

TF Buzz
Overall feedback .... food .... comfort and all ???
It's a stupid lounge. Very basic & small. You can find utensils & dusting clothes lying/ drying at the runway view table. Very limited menu. Waste of lounge visit quota.
And yes I'm a doonite so been here a couple of times.

jetesh

TF Premier
It's a stupid lounge. Very basic & small. You can find utensils & dusting clothes lying/ drying at the runway view table. Very limited menu. Waste of lounge visit quota.
So basically, it is a non-maintained lounge, just like other small lounges in India.

jetesh

TF Premier
I have unlimited lounge access; the quota doesn't apply. :D

jetesh

TF Premier
Have you ever used Alliance Air ? If yes, then here are a few questions for you :

1. Your feedback on Alliance Air flights
2. Which terminal usually does Alliance Air land at in Delhi?

darthvader1

TF Buzz
Yes

1. It’s good & try to book the back row seats cuz they use the ATR72 aircraft so the last ones get to exit first.
2. T3
Have you ever used Alliance Air ? If yes, then here are a few questions for you :

1. Your feedback on Alliance Air flights
2. Which terminal usually does Alliance Air land at in Delhi?

Thank you for your post. I am going there in 2 hours, will share my experiance there.
I forgot to give my feedback lol and i see its more than a year.

So guys heres my feedback

Its a small lounge and most of the banks cards are accepted there.

They don't check name on your cards.

Food quality is terrible.

Place is average and hygiene is kind of not maintained.

If you can then try to ignore this one.

jetesh

TF Premier
I forgot to give my feedback lol and i see its more than a year.

So guys heres my feedback

Its a small lounge and most of the banks cards are accepted there.

They don't check name on your cards.

Food quality is terrible.

Place is average and hygiene is kind of not maintained.

If you can then try to ignore this one.
Lol . .. :D