• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card Dilemma

Hello guys I'm using Axis Flipkart(paid), Freecharge Plus(paid), MyZone(LTF) from last 3 years. Now I've recently got Airtel Fiber Postpaid Black plan and my monthly bill is ₹707 also have 2 prepaid airtel SIM. Now I wanna get this airtel card to save 25% on my bill. But I got to know axis doesn't allow more than 3 cards to same person. So I'm thinking to close my MyZone card which I rarely used. So after closing the card can I just call the customer care and ask them to issue me a airtel card with shared limit or I've to apply afresh?

Last edited:
Before closing the myzone card, Make sure to clear all the outstanding and also make sure there is no transaction is pending for settlement.

Once after closing the card, you will get the offer for airtel credit card in the pre-approved credit card offers in axis app instantly or max 1 day.

Axis customer care will not provide the airtel card in phone banking.

Hello guys I'm using Axis Flipkart(paid), Freecharge Plus(paid), MyZone(LTF) from last 3 years. Now I've recently got Airtel Fiber Postpaid Black plan and my monthly bill is ₹707 also have 2 prepaid airtel SIM. Now I wanna get this airtel card to save 25% on my bill. But I got to know axis doesn't allow more than 3 cards to same person. So I'm thinking to close my MyZone card which I rarely used. So after closing the card can I just call the customer care and ask them to issue me a airtel card with shared limit or I've to apply afresh?
Firstly, let me know if u have any hdfc swiggy or sbi cashback cc to compensate Flipkart cc

IMO both cards(Flipkart and Freecharge) can be closed if u don't spend much in Flipkart
It would be helpful for us if u could share your card portfolio

Depending on that we can provide u with better suggestion

Firstly, let me know if u have any hdfc swiggy or sbi cashback cc to compensate Flipkart cc

IMO both cards(Flipkart and Freecharge) can be closed if u don't spend much in Flipkart
It would be helpful for us if u could share your card portfolio

Depending on that we can provide u with better suggestion
ICICI Amazon Pay(LTF)
ICICI Coral Rupay(LTF)
ICICI MMT Platinum(LTF)
Axis Flipkart(Paid)
Axis Freecharge(Paid)
Axis MyZone(LTF)
HDFC Millennia(LTF)
HDFC Tata Neu(Paid) will close in December
SBI BPCL(Paid)
Bank of Baroda Easy(LTF)
Indusind Legend(LTF)
IDFC Millennia(LTF)
RBL Shoprite(LTF)

Actually I don't wanna close Flipkart card because I can easily recover ₹500 and SBI have very bad reputation of devaluing popular cards after a certain time and Freecharge is a great card with flat 5% on any bill payment and fee waiver is only 50k which I easily achieve.

ICICI Amazon Pay(LTF)
ICICI Coral Rupay(LTF)
ICICI MMT Platinum(LTF)
Axis Flipkart(Paid)
Axis Freecharge(Paid)
Axis MyZone(LTF)
HDFC Millennia(LTF)
SBI BPCL(Paid)
Bank of Baroda Easy(LTF)
Indusind Legend(LTF)
IDFC Millennia(LTF)
RBL Shoprite(LTF)

Actually I don't wanna close Flipkart card because I can easily recover ₹500 and SBI have very bad reputation of devaluing popular cards after a certain time and Freecharge is a great card with flat 5% on any bill payment and fee waiver is only 50k which I easily achieve.
Alright
Then u can close ur myzone...but remember that there's no guarantee of getting airtel cc in axis mobile app

First close myzone and wait for 1 month and try to apply from airtel thanks app meanwhile if u get pre approved offer in axis mobile app u r lucky..

Once u get ur airtel card through any of these methods u can apply for myzone as 4th card through offline if u want.(axis bank can issue 4th card based on your relationship with bank)

U will get 25% upto 250 on all airtel recharges done through airtel app in a billing cycle.
I Hope I cleared your query, if yes
Mark this post as the solution..

Alright
Then u can close ur myzone...but remember that there's no guarantee of getting airtel cc in axis mobile app

First close myzone and wait for 1 month and try to apply from airtel thanks app meanwhile if u get pre approved offer in axis mobile app u r lucky..

Once u get ur airtel card through any of these methods u can apply for myzone as 4th card through offline if u want.(axis bank can issue 4th card based on your relationship with bank)

U will get 25% upto 250 on all airtel recharges done through airtel app in a billing cycle.
Just closed MyZone card today. Should I apply for airtel card from Axis app today? Can't apply from airtel thanks app.

Just closed MyZone card today. Should I apply for airtel card from Axis app today? Can't apply from airtel thanks app.
Are u able to see airtel cc in pre approved cards section in axis mobile app if not, wait for 1-2 weeks bcoz the bank may take upto 7 days to permanently close the card. So its better to wait untill u get the email confirmation from them.

Are u able to see airtel cc in pre approved cards section in axis mobile app if not, wait for 1-2 weeks bcoz the bank may take upto 7 days to permanently close the card. So its better to wait untill u get the email confirmation from them.
Thanks bro just applied from Axis app now Airtel Axis Master Card approved instantly also virtual card added to credit card section.
Now I can save 25% on my Airtel Black Bill.

Alright

Just to refresh our analysis from this community, Axis have started giving airtel card in the pre-approved offers.

After closing any card, immediately axis providing the pre-approved cards.

Earlier axis was used to provide the 4th card easily but getting 4th card is complicated as of now.

Nice choice of cards bro...

I also have -

Axis Neo ( LTF)
Axis Airtel ( Paid)
Hdfc millenia ( LTF )
Hdtc tata neu ♾️ ( Paid )
Sbi bpcl ( paid)
Icici Amazon pay,Coral, Platinum ( All LTF)
Rbl shoprite ( Ltf )
Indus legend & Idfc millenia ( both ltf)
One card & Yes bank kiwi ( both ltf)
Kotak League (Ltf)
Au LIT ( ltf)

Suggestion - Close Tata neu ( if paid) ♾️ if u get Yes bank kiwi card 😁

Keep millenia, AU LIT & One card for ( Gift cards buying & shopping for online & offline)

Take Rupay Version of Bpcl octane 😁

Axis flipkart & freecharge are craps if paid..Fulfill both with millenia 😉 by buying Gvs

ICICI Amazon Pay(LTF)
ICICI Coral Rupay(LTF)
ICICI MMT Platinum(LTF)
Axis Flipkart(Paid)
Axis Freecharge(Paid)
Axis MyZone(LTF)
HDFC Millennia(LTF)
SBI BPCL(Paid)
Bank of Baroda Easy(LTF)
Indusind Legend(LTF)
IDFC Millennia(LTF)
RBL Shoprite(LTF)

Actually I don't wanna close Flipkart card because I can easily recover ₹500 and SBI have very bad reputation of devaluing popular cards after a certain time and Freecharge is a great card with flat 5% on any bill payment and fee waiver is only 50k which I easily achie
ICICI Amazon Pay(LTF)
ICICI Coral Rupay(LTF)
ICICI MMT Platinum(LTF)
Axis Flipkart(Paid)
Axis Freecharge(Paid)
Axis MyZone(LTF)
HDFC Millennia(LTF)
SBI BPCL(Paid)
Bank of Baroda Easy(LTF)
Indusind Legend(LTF)
IDFC Millennia(LTF)
RBL Shoprite(LTF)

Hi Team,

I'm posting my query in this thread as I'm in almost similar situation.

I got my first Flipkart Axis Bank credit card during covid time (2021) and later got Axis MyZone credit card (LTF) in March 2024.
I also have Citibank Premier miles credit card. Have been holding Citibank credit card for around 20+ years. Recently the premier miles card got converted to Axis Horizon card. So, basically I have 3 Axis bank cards now with combined limit of 15L+.

As I've been using Airtel postpaid mobile family plan with Fiber under Airtel Black plan and I generally pay around 2000 to 2100 per month regularly thought Airtel Axis Bank credit card will be useful and I applied it from Axis app. last Friday and I got an email today stating that '..regret to inform you that we are unable to process your application as it does not meet the bank's credit norms'.

Is the rejection due to having 3 Axis cards already?

How to get Airtel Axis card to save some amount on bills.

Below is the list of cards I currently own.

ICICI Amazon Pay, ICICI Amex, ICICI Visa / Master , Coral Rupay ( all LTF).. Also eligible for Emerald Card. But did not opt for.
HDFC Infinia Metal card / Tata Neu Card Rupay , Swiggy Card
Axis Horizon Card (Citibank Premier miles card), MyZone Card (LTF), Flipkart Axis bank card
Kotak White Card
SBI Air India Signature Card.

Need suggestions on how to go about to get Airtel Axis card or Can I get similar benefits from any other card..

Edit : I used to get the banner on Airtel App for Axis bank card and whenever I tried to apply, got a message "No offers found".

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi Team,

I'm posting my query in this thread as I'm in almost similar situation.

I got my first Flipkart Axis Bank credit card during covid time (2021) and later got Axis MyZone credit card (LTF) in March 2024.
I also have Citibank Premier miles credit card. Have been holding Citibank credit card for around 20+ years. Recently the premier miles card got converted to Axis Horizon card. So, basically I have 3 Axis bank cards now with combined limit of 15L+.

As I've been using Airtel postpaid mobile family plan with Fiber under Airtel Black plan and I generally pay around 2000 to 2100 per month regularly thought Airtel Axis Bank credit card will be useful and I applied it from Axis app. last Friday and I got an email today stating that '..regret to inform you that we are unable to process your application as it does not meet the bank's credit norms'.

Is the rejection due to having 3 Axis cards already?

How to get Airtel Axis card to save some amount on bills.

Below is the list of cards I currently own.

ICICI Amazon Pay, ICICI Amex, ICICI Visa / Master , Coral Rupay ( all LTF).. Also eligible for Emerald Card. But did not opt for.
HDFC Infinia Metal card / Tata Neu Card Rupay , Swiggy Card
Axis Horizon Card (Citibank Premier miles card), MyZone Card (LTF), Flipkart Axis bank card
Kotak White Card
SBI Air India Signature Card.

Need suggestions on how to go about to get Airtel Axis card or Can I get similar benefits from any other card..

Edit : I used to get the banner on Airtel App for Axis bank card and whenever I tried to apply, got a message "No offers found".

Thanks in advance.
close one of your card,you will get preapproved offers with same limit

Back