• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Airtel Money Wallet changed their MCC code to 6540

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer

Airtel Money Wallet changed their MCC code to 6540:​

Now the merchant name is showing as Airtel Money | AIRTEL PAYMENTS BANK LTD (MCC changed to 6540 | Wallet Load / Prepaid Card / Financial Institution)

Payment Gateway is Razorpay

No more rewards !

Screenshot2023-04-0620.14.37.png
Screenshot2023-04-0620.24.33.png

If anyone has Millennia prepaid card here do try the transaction it the show the MCC code on screen.

Now the merchant name is showing as Airtel Money | AIRTEL PAYMENTS BANK LTD (MCC changed to 6540 | Wallet Load / Prepaid Card / Financial Institution)

No more rewards !

View attachment 13683
View attachment 13684

If anyone has Millennia prepaid card here do try the transaction it the show the MCC code on screen.
I loaded yesterday using BOB Snapdeal
I got "AIRTEL" and gateway Payu.
MCC 4814- Telecom

Try again and again to get "AIRTEL"

Airtel do not accept Prepaid Cards Now. You yourself shared with us and I also tested personally.

I loaded yesterday using BOB Snapdeal
I got "AIRTEL" and gateway Payu.
MCC 4814- Telecom

Try again and again to get "AIRTEL"

Airtel do not accept Prepaid Cards Now. You yourself shared with us and I also tested personally.
Rupay Prepaid card aren't accepted now?

No more rewards !

View attachment 13683
View attachment 13684

Despite this, Amex cards, BoB Eterna(3.75%), SC Ultimate(3.33%), and SC Smart(2%) should still give rewards, right?

First add a bank account in amazon wallet then it will work @gurubhai
pls elaborate a little. I don't use any bank account in general while loading money in Amazon pay.
You want me to add a bank account to Amazon like we do in Bhim app or other upi apps?
because my amazon pay upi is enabled with one of my bank account already.

To get merchant name AIRTEL instead of Airtel payments bank or Airtel money
That I am clear. But how to load from Kotak, IndusInd etc?

We have option only to trigger from Airtel right?

EDIT: Got it, thanks. So trigger from Billdesk payment page of IndusInd etc right? Even then it is not working. Same issue.

I tried once, got Airtel, tried few more times getting Airtel Money only.

No more rewards !

View attachment 13683
View attachment 13684

Rupay legend is using mc😜
Kya baat Hai bhai 😁

IMG_20230407_123024.jpg
So payment which shows "AIRTEL" while paying give reward and also cashback for
Flipkart axis and Freecharge axis credit card for
Load money via Amazon - Airtel net banking?

And is this trick still working for both types of CC if we see merchant name "AIRTEL" on payment page?

Please confirm.

Last edited:
Back