• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AmEx MRCC declined at HPCL pumps?

shrirang

TF Select
I have been regularly using MRCC at HPCL pumps with ICICI machines for 4 transactions milestone.

Strangely, for last couple of times, the card did not work on two different HPCL pumps.

The machine simply shows declined for tap or pin mode.

Anyone aware of any changes to tie up with HPCL ICICI machines?

Tejo

TF Legend
I have been regularly using MRCC at HPCL pumps with ICICI machines for 4 transactions milestone.

Strangely, for last couple of times, the card did not work on two different HPCL pumps.

Anyone aware of any changes to tie up with HPCL ICICI machines?
currently several are avoiding amex and diners.

Auto_A

TF Buzz
At this point, I am surprised when Amex works at some PoS machine!!
Whenever I hand out my Amex card, my hands automatically reach out for another card in my wallet, as I expect it to get declined.
Many ppl now say "this card wont work" by just looking at it these days, at least that way Amex is being recognized :D

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge
Whenever I hand out my Amex card, my hands automatically reach out for another card in my wallet, as I expect it to get declined.
Many ppl now say "this card wont work" by just looking at it these days, at least that way Amex is being recognized :D
Amex works on axis,icici,pine labs POS
But usually shops don't prefer amex due to 1% higher mdr

Auto_A

TF Buzz
Amex works on axis,icici,pine labs POS
But usually shops don't prefer amex due to 1% higher mdr
Pinelabs have always been good with Amex. But ICICI and Axis are a hit or miss, from my personal experience.
That is why Amex cannot be the only card that we can carry, at least for now.

shrirang

TF Select
Have been collecting good rewards on MRCC just from re-fueling

metal_heart

TF Premier

Exact same issue happened with me today. Contact less mode was not working and entering PIN was landing back on same screen

It took 3-5 attempts for machine to read card, most of time it was showing card declined

Later I got email, stating wrong PIN entered, however the PIN was correct

shrirang

TF Select
Exact same issue happened with me today. Contact less mode was not working and entering PIN was landing back on same screen

It took 3-5 attempts for machine to read card, most of time it was showing card declined

Later I got email, stating wrong PIN entered, however the PIN was correct
I tried at 4-5 pumps now and the card worked at only on machine with Pin only.

Not sure if it is unintentional or being planned to remove support.