• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Referral Program Vaildity

the_dark_knight

TF Legend
Contributor
Hi
I am planning to apply for Amex CC (Mrcc) variant in the referral program which provides FYF with joining rewards and discounted annual fee.
On the website referral landing page, it is showing that the festive offer is valid till 16th oct 6pm.
But when I checked the terms and conditions of the referral program, at one place it is also mentioned that the referral campaign is valid till starting next year.
Is the 16th oct validity only for the playing cards offer, or is it for overall like for the FYF offer also? Can anyone please confirm

Also, need help with a referral link and tactics for high chances of approval. My cibil score is good (790) with no late payments. However having 4 hard enquiries in CIBIL in last 3 months with 1 under process for removal. No relationship with Amex till now.

If I need to finish approval by 16th oct, how soon should I apply for the card? I am waiting for some invalid hard enquiries to get removed from cibil first.

Hi
I am planning to apply for Amex CC (Mrcc) variant in the referral program which provides FYF with joining rewards and discounted annual fee.
On the website referral landing page, it is showing that the festive offer is valid till 16th oct 6pm.
But when I checked the terms and conditions of the referral program, at one place it is also mentioned that the referral campaign is valid till starting next year.
Is the 16th oct validity only for the playing cards offer, or is it for overall like for the FYF offer also? Can anyone please confirm

Also, need help with a referral link and tactics for high chances of approval. My cibil score is good (790) with no late payments. However having 4 hard enquiries in CIBIL in last 3 months with 1 under process for removal. No relationship with Amex till now.

If I need to finish approval by 16th oct, how soon should I apply for the card? I am waiting for some invalid hard enquiries to get removed from cibil first.
The Festival offer is for playing cards. Even if you apply on or before the 16th you are eligible for the offer.

It's clearly mentioned that the application must be approved during the offer period.
Yes this is true, approval should be before 16th. But this is only for getting the complementary playing cards right?
I am only interested in the FYF/joining bonus points offer only, as I want to wait a little more to supress hard enquiries in cibil( in process by axis/hdfc).

Also does Amex pull reports from both CIBil and Experian ? Anyone who got amex card recently please confirm on which bureaus they got the hard enquiries

Hi

16th October is only for playing cards bonus offer..
For usual referral program the validity is until 31 March 2024.

Last edited:
Yes this is true, approval should be before 16th. But this is only for getting the complementary playing cards right?
I am only interested in the FYF/joining bonus points offer only, as I want to wait a little more to supress hard enquiries in cibil( in process by axis/hdfc).

Also does Amex pull reports from both CIBil and Experian ? Anyone who got amex card recently please confirm on which bureaus they got the hard enquiries
At Amex we check if a lot of applications are done from one referral then our anti fraudulent team blocks applicants in pre screening itself

Unless you wait cooling off period of 90 days before reapplying high chance of being blocked again

please don't think you'll get approved on seeing pre conditionally approved message.
That is an ATS message which checks your cibil.
post that it comes to 1st phase of human review where your application is checked.
Then a video screening is done, pls keep your PAN handy.
post video screening it comes to 2nd level to us where we check your cibil, itr, serviceable area & derogatory remarks.
pls do not reapply before six months post rejection.
There is a link to check your chance of being approved, no hard pull

At Amex we check if a lot of applications are done from one referral then our anti fraudulent team blocks applicants in pre screening itself

Unless you wait cooling off period of 90 days before reapplying high chance of being blocked again

please don't think you'll get approved on seeing pre conditionally approved message.
That is an ATS message which checks your cibil.
post that it comes to 1st phase of human review where your application is checked.
Then a video screening is done, pls keep your PAN handy.
post video screening it comes to 2nd level to us where we check your cibil, itr, serviceable area & derogatory remarks.
pls do not reapply before six months post rejection.
There is a link to check your chance of being approved, no hard pull
Thanks for sharing the internal approval process.
In my case, i will be applying for first time yet with no history whatsoever with amex.
Just concerned about the referral link's spamming as you mentioned.
Btw what derogatory remarks are possible, is it from cibil report like inconsistent profile details, etc or from the applicant's filled details submitted to the bank?

Thanks for sharing the internal approval process.
In my case, i will be applying for first time yet with no history whatsoever with amex.
Just concerned about the referral link's spamming as you mentioned.
Btw what derogatory remarks are possible, is it from cibil report like inconsistent profile details, etc or from the applicant's filled details submitted to the bank?
Yes #1 mistake applying using influencers link

Check the below thread, you can confirm happening to many

We don't like
A. Influencers referral since its blocked by ATS as spam link

B. Exaggerating income, gets caught in back ground check.

DM for any help

I completed the amex application today with VKYC. However after that i havent received any email/sms regarding further process. Any portal link through which we can track the application?
I only got one email from amex initally and that only conatins a Reference number

I completed the amex application today with VKYC. However after that i havent received any email/sms regarding further process. Any portal link through which we can track the application?
I only got one email from amex initally and that only conatins a Reference number
Please wait until tonight, you will get your approval email

Just got the approval success mail. Thanks community for the support.
How to know if they have taken the referral benefit into account?
You can call them to confirm the same. Alternatively, after the card has been delivered, you can chat with customer support through the app. Another way to determine whether the referral benefit was taken into account is by asking the person who referred you if they received the 8000 MR points or not?

You can call them to confirm the same. Alternatively, after the card has been delivered, you can chat with customer support through the app. Another way to determine whether the referral benefit was taken into account is by asking the person who referred you if they received the 8000 MR points or not?
Thanks. I am more concerned about the FYF benefit here, will call and confirm the same

Nah. Didn't get it ,gestation period, fruition these are too complex for me to understand
Okay, I will make it simple...
When you clicked on your referral link, did you see a pop up box, like : " XXXX referred to you for XXXX Card" ?? Did you seethis message at the first and
did you fill your application in the same browser window? If answer is Yes to both, then your card will be processed under referral...

Back