• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Applying soon for Axis/kotak Reserve Card LTF...let's see

How did you negotiate for this one without actually having the required TRV with the bank?
Was it based upon the higher limits you have or the existing set of cards you have LTF?
The negotiations were going on since last few months
I had to use multiple ways to negotiate , starting from getting higher spend in my kotak card last month about 4 lakhs , also had to submit my last 6 month statement of my most used card , and I commitment to move most of my spend to white reserve gradually , plus some other negotiation on NRV too

I had to use multiple ways to negotiate , starting from getting higher spend in my kotak card last month about 4 lakhs , also had to submit my last 6 month statement of my most used card , and I commitment to move most of my spend to white reserve gradually , plus some other negotiation on NRV too
Wow, you're seriously a genius in achieving LTF cards with most banks.
It's next to impossible to do this without a high NRV.
Really appreciable and well deserved achievement.
Congrats Anirban on this wonderful feat.
Looking forward to see more LTF cards coming from you!
🤩

True
Anir bhai became an LTF champion that too for premium cards
Haha
I think , if you don’t maintain the required NRV , the only way to get these premium invite only cards is through perseverance and you should be able to communicate that clearly that bank can earn more from you just by your usage pattern than they would have earned with the annual fees .
Once bank gets this thing through your writings and attached evidences they would certainly agree to give it to you LTF .

All they need is business

Haha
I think , if you don’t maintain the required NRV , the only way to get these premium invite only cards is through perseverance and you should be able to communicate that clearly that bank can earn more from you just by your usage pattern than they would have earned with the annual fees .
Once bank gets this thing through your writings and attached evidences they would certainly agree to give it to you LTF .

Yes bank revenue model works like this
Nice inputs 👍

Expecting another card this week , it’s still not approved yet .
But that’s not LTF
Taking as FYF just for the card looks , will try to convert to LTF later or May be a fee waiver next year
It’s raining cards in April wow
Keep sharing with us the progress for motivation 👍
Me too did some modifications and upgrades in card portfolio for this new financial year to juice out more rewards

Haha

Please make a post on all the tricks for all the LTF Premier cards 🫡

Please make a post on all the tricks for all the LTF Premier cards 🫡
There are no such trick bro
Plus something that worked for me , it is not sure that it will work for someone else too .

There are multiple employees in escalating desk , it would depend upon the officer handling your case too
Also your profile , spending pattern etc everything matters .

There are no such trick bro
Plus something that worked for me , it is not sure that it will work for someone else too .

There are multiple employees in escalating desk , it would depend upon the officer handling your case too
Also your profile , spending pattern etc everything matters .
Still, a lot can be learnt from your experience 😇

Congratulations

Just curious to learn your perspective while going through this.
Don't you feel you are losing out on a big opportunity cost, that could be much more valuable than getting these average cards as LTF. By average, I mean benefits wise.
See, if you had spent the same 4L on Reserve or say Magnus, you could have straight away received 24k ER point as 1x, and accelerated too if done via Gyftr.
What's the point of getting a card LTF, if you're hypothetically losing more than it's annual fee?
Plus the commitment that you have given for increasing spends is much more riskier as to what you can potentially miss on.
Valuing 24K ER at 0.4 would be approx 10k Rs.
Want to know this from a knowledge point of view.

Just curious to learn your perspective while going through this.
Don't you feel you are losing out on a big opportunity cost, that could be much more valuable than getting these average cards as LTF. By average, I mean benefits wise.
See, if you had spent the same 4L on Reserve or say Magnus, you could have straight away received 24k ER point as 1x, and accelerated too if done via Gyftr.
What's the point of getting a card LTF, if you're hypothetically losing more than it's annual fee?
Plus the commitment that you have given for increasing spends is much more riskier as to what you can potentially miss on.
Valuing 24K ER at 0.4 would be approx 10k Rs.
Want to know this from a knowledge point of view.
See it’s all about priorities . I think I already mentioned in some posts today , that I have already left the race for earnings reward points and cashbacks, as I don’t feel those any value for me , I am a impulsive traveller I can never plan a trip 3-8 months in advance plus , I have a family with infants so no way I can manage award savers for all of us , for hotels I already have elite memberships which gives some free stays plus the miles that I have acquired till now are enough for couple of years hotel stays( trips ) for me and my family .

Now coming back to your question as I said I am just a cc enthusiast with a passion for collecting CC , the 4 lakh which was spend was actually spend by my relative as he is renovating his house and had some purchased , he used my card and paid within 10-15 days , I used this spending as a bait to get white reserve which currently is the only card which gives unlimited lounge access through DF to add-ons , and regarding those 24k ER , I won’t need to spend 4 lakhs for that I can get that easily my 2 months of 4200 spend on M&S and 1 month of ASV from gyftr so 24k ER can easily be earned by spending around 20-22k .

See it’s all about priorities . I think I already mentioned in some posts today , that I have already left the race for earnings reward points and cashbacks, as I don’t feel those any value for me , I am a impulsive traveller I can never plan a trip 3-8 months in advance plus , I have a family with infants so no way I can manage award savers for all of us , for hotels I already have elite memberships which gives some free stays plus the miles that I have acquired till now are enough for couple of years hotel stays( trips ) for me and my family .

Now coming back to your question as I said I am just a cc enthusiast with a passion for collecting CC , the 4 lakh which was spend was actually spend by my relative as he is renovating his house and had some purchased , he used my card and paid within 10-15 days , I used this spending as a bait to get white reserve which currently is the only card which gives unlimited lounge access through DF to add-ons , and regarding those 24k ER , I won’t need to spend 4 lakhs for that I can get that easily my 2 months of 4200 spend on M&S and 1 month of ASV from gyftr so 24k ER can easily be earned by spending around 20-22k .
Totally agree with whatever you have stated in your comment.
It's very wise of you to use your relatives spending as an assurance to get the LTF upgrade.
This really shows us your extraordinary negotiation skills
Now, the main challenge of getting this card as LTF is over, but I wish to know that the commitment that you have made for future spending, does it needs to fulfilled, or is it a soft commitment, and if you're not able to fulfill it then will your LTF status get revoked?
Thanks for sharing today's learnings in detail.

Totally agree with whatever you have stated in your comment.
It's very wise of you to use your relatives spending as an assurance to get the LTF upgrade.
This really shows us your extraordinary negotiation skills
Now, the main challenge of getting this card as LTF is over, but I wish to know that the commitment that you have made for future spending, does it needs to fulfilled, or is it a soft commitment, and if you're not able to fulfill it then will your LTF status get revoked?
Thanks for sharing today's learnings in detail.
Those are false commitments , even the bank knows that , I have not given any written confirmation or neither the card LTF status has a surrogate of spending’s
I have a written confirmation from bank that card is issued life time free unconditionally without any spend based waivers

Those are false commitments , even the bank knows that , I have not given any written confirmation or neither the card LTF status has a surrogate of spending’s
I have a written confirmation from bank that card is issued life time free unconditionally without any spend based waivers
This concludes our today's learning of the day!
Will help in acquiring the next LTF premium card.
Thanks for all the insights. 👍

Back