• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Airtel Card cashback blunder.

Nubar

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I recently got Axis Airtel Card and on generation of statement, I realised that any bill payments done on Airtel App, be it Airtel bills or others, is being counted under 25% category. This means that there is no way to tap into Rs 500 monthly utility bill payment benefit as of now. :rolleyes:

Refer to the screenshot below. The only payment in this month was for my electricity bill of Rs 1595 and cashback shown is Rs 300 whereas it should have been Rs 159.5.

Screenshot 2022-04-18 at 4.27.54 PM.png

Fellow community members, I would request you to keep above in mind while getting this card or wait till Axis settles these reporting issues with Airtel.

Yes in the new app old BBPS interface is not there. Just never accept personalise your experience and it will work
No, its not working in old interface too, either Gas Booking/Electricity.
FYI, i paid electricity and Gas Booking using old interface sucessfully 15 days back but not now. Now its only works with new interface and that too OTP coming as Airtel (i know it'll be 25% category).

So, not sure what to do now.. My Elec. Bill will generate in next 15 days.

I had already paid my electricity bill 10 days back and it was successful with merchant name APBLUTIL but will not be able to check now as I will be paying electricity bill by next month only.
Same case with me, can you check by ordering gas (just to check whether its proceed for you after entering Card details). I am getting "Transaction failed due to technical issue.Please try again later".

They Start 10% Apply Coupon at payment gateway for Utility ( try on electricity ) like Recharge we got 25% Coupon
But at PG it is Airtel Only
So we will take proof for payment because don't trust on Axis & Airtel

Attachments

• IMG-20230124-WA0000~2.jpg
    IMG-20230124-WA0000~2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 29
No, its not working in old interface too, either Gas Booking/Electricity.
FYI, i paid electricity and Gas Booking using old interface sucessfully 15 days back but not now. Now its only works with new interface and that too OTP coming as Airtel (i know it'll be 25% category).

So, not sure what to do now.. My Elec. Bill will generate in next 15 days.
That's what I'm saying older BBPS interface is gone. Even when you select BBPS under banking it takes you to pay bill page only showing various bills. As reported by @StanRoute66 you will get cashback in utility category even if you get merchant AIRTEL as they have patched the app

That's what I'm saying older BBPS interface is gone. Even when you select BBPS under banking it takes you to pay bill page only showing various bills. As reported by @StanRoute66 you will get cashback in utility category even if you get merchant AIRTEL as they have patched the app
Is it tried and tested, even at the OTP entering page the merchant is showing Airtel, will it give 10% only ? I doubt they will count is as 25%, and I seriously don't want to mess with shitty Axis and Airtel ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-24-12-25-28-25_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-24-12-25-28-25_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 41
They Start 10% Apply Coupon at payment gateway for Utility ( try on electricity ) like Recharge we got 25% Coupon
But at PG it is Airtel Only
So we will take proof for payment because don't trust on Axis & Airtel
Ohh.. so there will be no issue now..Even with new interface, both Utility and Recharges handled properly..So, no need for old Interface...

Also, is the payment going through smoothly or failing?.Heard issues with new interfaces on paying utility bills before?

Take proof in the sense, do we need to video recording during payment or proof will suffice :)

Most likely axis is watching this thread. They've also removed the utility bill cashback mention on airtel credit card page on top banner
No, no.. Its there for long time..If they remove some features they need to give 30 days prior notice..

T
You got merchant AIRTEL for electricity bill payments? How will you know if you get cashback because you need to do atleast 100 transaction for cashback. @SJ13
Yes i got AIRTEL for electricity
After a settlement I will update you do cross verification with Chat Agent did i received or not & category also

Ohh.. so there will be no issue now..Even with new interface, both Utility and Recharges handled properly..So, no need for old Interface...

Also, is the payment going through smoothly or failing?.Heard issues with new interfaces on paying utility bills before?

Take proof in the sense, do we need to video recording during payment or proof will suffice :)
Yes the payment go smoothly didn't faced any issue
Yes before there is so many problems for Utility payment always got 25% CB for also utility
But let see i will update you after the settlement i got it or not

Yes i prefer take proof for Airtel Payment Gateway because i Don't Trust on Airtel & Axis both i faced lost of problems for that
I only take last page of Screenshot Where show bill paid successfully

Is it tried and tested, even at the OTP entering page the merchant is showing Airtel, will it give 10% only ? I doubt they will count is as 25%, and I seriously don't want to mess with shitty Axis and Airtel ?
its fixed now buddy . tired and tested ,
now you dont have to worry about the merchant name . You will get cashback in respective categories .
25% for airtel recharges / bill payments upto 300
10% for Electricity/ Water/ Gas util upto 300
10% for BB, Zomato , swiggy upto 500

its fixed now buddy . tired and tested ,
now you dont have to worry about the merchant name . You will get cashback in respective categories .
25% for airtel recharges / bill payments upto 300
10% for Electricity/ Water/ Gas util upto 300
10% for BB, Zomato , swiggy upto 500
That's really great news. So it will work even if you accept personalise your experience screen and even if you get Airtel as merchant name everytime. Are you still getting final merchants as Airtel Gurgaon and Mumbai respectively for airtel bills and utilities?

That's really great news. So it will work even if you accept personalise your experience screen and even if you get Airtel as merchant name everytime. Are you still getting final merchants as Airtel Gurgaon and Mumbai respectively for airtel bills and utilities?
YES ! you dont have to worry about the merchant name now

Back