• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Airtel Card cashback blunder.

Nubar

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I recently got Axis Airtel Card and on generation of statement, I realised that any bill payments done on Airtel App, be it Airtel bills or others, is being counted under 25% category. This means that there is no way to tap into Rs 500 monthly utility bill payment benefit as of now. :rolleyes:

Refer to the screenshot below. The only payment in this month was for my electricity bill of Rs 1595 and cashback shown is Rs 300 whereas it should have been Rs 159.5.

Screenshot 2022-04-18 at 4.27.54 PM.png

Fellow community members, I would request you to keep above in mind while getting this card or wait till Axis settles these reporting issues with Airtel.

While making payment I chose the offer on the payment page which says 25% off for the airtel axis card. The page refreshed and asked for card details. After entering the first 6 digits of the card, the page again refreshed and the offer was removed and got the error - "offer applicable on airtel axis bank credit cards. you can proceed without offer." The app is not recognizing the credit card. However, I reapplied the offer and kept entering the card detail, and made the payment.
Yes maybe if you have Mastered Variant so Airtel Maybe Not update in their system
Please take screenshot of payment as proof for claim cashback
After Statment Generated mail them for you did not receive the cashback

I am seeing as Airtel Gurgaon for Utility Bills after settlement,eventhough it shows 10% Cashback in Payment Page. Mine is Airtel Axis Visa Credit Card.Not sure whether i'll get the cashback..

This card is really a mess.

Same case with me

I have applied as on paper this card looks good ( I have 4 prepaid SIM with airtel in my family). I see card in axis app as master card, should be getting physical card soon.

Do any one with master card variant got cashback? Any specific things to take care while recharging?

My experience so far with Flipkart and axis Bank has been good, for most of the transactions it sends SMS saying this transaction is eligible for 5% cashback,. does on Airtel card we get such SMS?

I have applied as on paper this card looks good ( I have 4 prepaid SIM with airtel in my family). I see card in axis app as master card, should be getting physical card soon.

Do any one with master card variant got cashback? Any specific things to take care while recharging?

My experience so far with Flipkart and axis Bank has been good, for most of the transactions it sends SMS saying this transaction is eligible for 5% cashback,. does on Airtel card we get such SMS?
such sms will stop in a few weeks time, i received an email saying the same ...

I am unable to add / secure my airtel axis card in my swiggy app.. Every time I have to purchase something I need to input all the details manually and after the order is completed the card is deleted once again... Does anyone have this issue?

Utility bill is also showing as airtel gurgaon after final settlement even after applying 10% coupon. Earlier it used to show as airtel Mumbai. I really doubt axis will give correct cashback
@pprakash11 @StanRoute66
No. Axis will not give correct cashback. I was able to get APBUTIL on OTP page on 23rd Jan 2023 and AIRTEL MUMBAI post settlement. Only this one gives 10%.

And that apply coupon is useless, I never apply that coupon, always AIRTEL GURGAON (Merchant: Airtel) during OTP entering page for Airtel Postpaid/Recharges, and APBUTIL for Utility.

No. Axis will not give correct cashback. I was able to get APBUTIL on OTP page on 23rd Jan 2023 and AIRTEL MUMBAI post settlement. Only this one gives 10%.

And that apply coupon is useless, I never apply that coupon, always AIRTEL GURGAON (Merchant: Airtel) during OTP entering page for Airtel Postpaid/Recharges, and APBUTIL for Utility.
Further I will upload the statement screenshot as well once it comes to email.

View attachment 10187

NO ISSUE IN CASHBACK FOR ME !!
Airtel Postpaid- Rs. 941.64, Gas Cylinder- Rs. 1150, Electricity Bill- Rs. 1941, Airtel Recharge- Rs. 234
Thanks for sharing, waiting for my Bill statement to see what it will show, For My Airtel Black payment in Thanks app, for some reason the payment gateway showed as Utility CC

Also, I see you are using mainly for the Airtel payment and Utilities, to get the MAX out of the card, to be used only for this :)

Thanks for sharing, waiting for my Bill statement to see what it will show, For My Airtel Black payment in Thanks app, for some reason the payment gateway showed as Utility CC

Also, I see you are using mainly for the Airtel payment and Utilities, to get the MAX out of the card, to be used only for this :)
Yes, took this card on the day it was lauched in March'22😅 almost every month 500-600 cashback.

Whats the easiest way to know if I have got the relevant 25% or 10% after using it in airtel thanks app ? Do we get SMS notification like Ace card ? Or do we have to wait for the statement .

Whats the easiest way to know if I have got the relevant 25% or 10% after using it in airtel thanks app ? Do we get SMS notification like Ace card ? Or do we have to wait for the statement .
*Utility*
OTP Page: APBUTIL
Before Settlement (In App): Bharti Airtel
Post Settlement (In App): AIRTEL, MUMBAI IN

Only this gives 10%.

*Recharge/Postpaid/DTH*
OTP Page: Airtel
Before Settlement (In App): Airtel
Post Settlement (In App): AIRTEL, GURGAON IN

This gives 25%.

By the way, I got ACE in December 2022, since then I haven't received any SMS notification about cashback % on last transaction. Are you getting the SMS notification always on ACE Card? Have you taken ACE card long back ?

Back