• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Airtel Card cashback blunder.

Nubar

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I recently got Axis Airtel Card and on generation of statement, I realised that any bill payments done on Airtel App, be it Airtel bills or others, is being counted under 25% category. This means that there is no way to tap into Rs 500 monthly utility bill payment benefit as of now. :rolleyes:

Refer to the screenshot below. The only payment in this month was for my electricity bill of Rs 1595 and cashback shown is Rs 300 whereas it should have been Rs 159.5.

Screenshot 2022-04-18 at 4.27.54 PM.png

Fellow community members, I would request you to keep above in mind while getting this card or wait till Axis settles these reporting issues with Airtel.

10 Rs is Utility Bill
120.07+120.07+1200 it is recharge
So after the overall it is 301 rs but i received only 291 rs
i will not fight for 10 rs because they take time and lots of follow up
There is a refund of 1000 INR for which you must have received 10% but Axis deducted only 1% instead of 10% that is why cashback is 291 not 301.
Same happend with me 1 got 200 for Utility Payments and in next statement Txns refunded and Axis deducted 20 for those txns instead of 200.

Do not fight with them
otherwise they will deduct correct cashback.

Last edited:
As I can remember, that was your 1st payment no? Razorpay one won't get the cashback as there was no proper integration of your card at that time. However you can ask Axis to do something about this by mailing nodal officer.
Yes. you are correct. Raised the complaint through Twitter as their chat support page was not working the whole day.

I hope they don't mess up these transactions as they have correctly identified them.
For Swiggy, Zomato & Big Basket i don't hear for the Blunder they give proper cashback for that they blunder only in Utility & recharge but currently they are updated system so hope no blunder in future

There is a refund of 1000 INR for which you must have received 10% but Axis deducted only 1% instead of 10% that is why cashback is 291 not 301.
Same happend with me 1 got 200 for Utility Payments and in next statement Txns refunded and Axis deducted 20 for those txns instead of 200.

Do not fight with them
otherwise they will deduct correct cashback.
Ohk Thanks for explain bro got it your point

I applied but after entering the 6 digits of the card, the system use through error stating please use the airtel axis card and removes the coupon code. However, after entering the whole card number I applied the coupon again and made the payment.
Which variant do you have Master or Visa?
Because i tried and i didn't faced issue in visa Variant
If you have Master Variant then maybe Airtel not updated their system
You should try without coupon some user got it properly cashback too

Anyone facing issue with electricity bill payment after entering Mastercard details?
My brother got this card but getting "Something went wrong please try again later" Message and even after he attempt to click on pay bill button, he get another error "Your transaction had failed due to technical error. Please try again later".
What can be done? This is now happening since last 4-5 days. Would he contact Axis bank Or Airtel? If Airtel which number to contact?

Anyone facing issue with electricity bill payment after entering Mastercard details?
My brother got this card but getting "Something went wrong please try again later" Message and even after he attempt to click on pay bill button, he get another error "Your transaction had failed due to technical error. Please try again later".
What can be done? This is now happening since last 4-5 days. Would he contact Axis bank Or Airtel? If Airtel which number to contact?
Any help please? Anyone succeed in electricity bill payment using mastercard variant of this card?

Which variant do you have Master or Visa?
Because i tried and i didn't faced issue in visa Variant
If you have Master Variant then maybe Airtel not updated their system
You should try without coupon some user got it properly cashback too
Mine is MasterCard. I checked, and now it is not happening. Did not get proper cashback for postpaid bill payment?

Back