• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Airtel Card cashback blunder.

Nubar

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I recently got Axis Airtel Card and on generation of statement, I realised that any bill payments done on Airtel App, be it Airtel bills or others, is being counted under 25% category. This means that there is no way to tap into Rs 500 monthly utility bill payment benefit as of now. :rolleyes:

Refer to the screenshot below. The only payment in this month was for my electricity bill of Rs 1595 and cashback shown is Rs 300 whereas it should have been Rs 159.5.

Screenshot 2022-04-18 at 4.27.54 PM.png

Fellow community members, I would request you to keep above in mind while getting this card or wait till Axis settles these reporting issues with Airtel.

*Utility*
OTP Page: APBUTIL
Before Settlement (In App): Bharti Airtel
Post Settlement (In App): AIRTEL, MUMBAI IN

Only this gives 10%.

*Recharge/Postpaid/DTH*
OTP Page: Airtel
Before Settlement (In App): Airtel
Post Settlement (In App): AIRTEL, GURGAON IN

This gives 25%.
I think in new update all payments are showing only Airtel Gurgaon IN
they don't show Airtel Mumbai IN right now
Today i received my statement and utility bill also Showing Airtel Gurgaon IN and i got eligible cashback for that also
And ensure that you select Coupon Code at Payment Gateway
Airtel and Axis They both are updated their system for this

I think in new update all payments are showing only Airtel Gurgaon IN
they don't show Airtel Mumbai IN right now
Today i received my statement and utility bill also Showing Airtel Gurgaon IN and i got eligible cashback for that also
And ensure that you select Coupon Code at Payment Gateway
Airtel and Axis They both are updated their system for this
"select Coupon Code at Payment Gateway"
Which Coupon??? New Member..Sorry for noob question

Just got my Bill generated. Cashback reflected properly.I have Axis Airtel Visa CC. Eventhough it's coming as Airtel Gurgaon for Utilities, they are tracking it correctly.
Eventhough it's giving correct cashback, All Airtel Transactions is classified as Utilities. I expect 25% should be Recharges and rest will be Utilities.Happy for now..But need to take payment screen screenshot in case of issues.

Just got my Bill generated. Cashback reflected properly.I have Axis Airtel Visa CC. Eventhough it's coming as Airtel Gurgaon for Utilities, they are tracking it correctly.
Eventhough it's giving correct cashback, All Airtel Transactions is classified as Utilities. I expect 25% should be Recharges and rest will be Utilities.Happy for now..But need to take payment screen screenshot in case of issues.
There is slight difference in merchant name. For 25% its Bharti Airtel Gurgaon and for 10% its Airtel Gurgaon.

Is there a way, we can negotiate Annual Fees for them due to this (eventhough it's very less compared to our cashback). I am primarily using this card for Utilities/Recharge. I can't able to attain 2L spend by this..

Is there a way, we can negotiate Annual Fees for them due to this (eventhough it's very less compared to our cashback). I am primarily using this card for Utilities/Recharge. I can't able to attain 2L spend by this..
If you reached the monthly Capping only on Recharge/Utility then you will earn that fees in one month and reaming 11 months in profit so no point of view to negotiate for annual fees

I received my statement today. I am using the MasterCard variant. Looks like they messed up my cashback. Got INR 174 which is for Utility Bill Payments. My airtel postpaid bill payment has been considered miscellaneous and only got 1%. Time to fight.

Attachments

• Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 44
I received my statement today. I am using the MasterCard variant. Looks like they messed up my cashback. Got INR 174 which is for Utility Bill Payments. My airtel postpaid bill payment has been considered miscellaneous and only got 1%. Time to fight.
As I can remember, that was your 1st payment no? Razorpay one won't get the cashback as there was no proper integration of your card at that time. However you can ask Axis to do something about this by mailing nodal officer.

Is your attachment blurred ? I can't see the transaction amounts.

Back