• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Airtel Card cashback blunder.

Nubar

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I recently got Axis Airtel Card and on generation of statement, I realised that any bill payments done on Airtel App, be it Airtel bills or others, is being counted under 25% category. This means that there is no way to tap into Rs 500 monthly utility bill payment benefit as of now. :rolleyes:

Refer to the screenshot below. The only payment in this month was for my electricity bill of Rs 1595 and cashback shown is Rs 300 whereas it should have been Rs 159.5.

Screenshot 2022-04-18 at 4.27.54 PM.png

Fellow community members, I would request you to keep above in mind while getting this card or wait till Axis settles these reporting issues with Airtel.

1) Ordering products via bigbasket on tata neu, doesn't gives CB anymore..
Bigbasket, Pune IND ata hai iss method se karenge toh and airtel doesn't give CB on it.

2) Book on tata neu, pay on bigbasket..iss method se bhi nhi milta hai...

Only gift card purchase, wallet re-load & order on tata neu will work.

WWWBIGBASKET, PAYU*BIGBASKET, bigbasket Bangalore...abtak mujhe inn merchants pe hi CB mila h so far..
Does adding products via Big Basket and paying via Tata neu app work? I tried once with Indusind DC(20% instant discount + 5% neu coins) which failed then tried via Big Basket app only, it worked.

Does adding products via Big Basket and paying via Tata neu app work? I tried once with Indusind DC(20% instant discount + 5% neu coins) which failed then tried via Big Basket app only, it worked.
I always do that. Add products via BB website and then pay via Tataneu app. Selecting products from desktop is easier.
For some reason, sometimes TN app takes Bangalore PIN instead of the saved address. Then the selected cart is not visible. Need to manually change the delivery location in TN app first to get the cart already selected.

It shouldn't work becoz whenever you pay via Tata neu using airtel CC, the merchant name get settled as "BIGBASKET PUNE IND". Axis don't give CB for this merchant name.

@panchabhut Do you get CB by using this route ?

Bigbasket, Pune IND ata hai iss method se karenge toh and airtel doesn't give CB on it.

WWWBIGBASKET, PAYU*BIGBASKET, bigbasket Bangalore...abtak mujhe inn merchants pe hi CB mila h so far..
are you sure, Gift card purchase in Bigbasket app gives 10% cashback? please confirm 🙏, i think it also comes under Innovative retail Merchant?

Last edited:
It shouldn't work becoz whenever you pay via Tata neu using airtel CC, the merchant name get settled as "BIGBASKET PUNE IND". Axis don't give CB for this merchant name.

@panchabhut Do you get CB by using this route ?
I did 4 txn in the month of august on bigbasket using tataneu. All of them using "BIG BASKETPUNEIN". The 4th txn was on 19-Aug and I got 10% on it. For the rest 3 txn done on first half of month got only 1% cashback. I think from 19th August they might have included that merchant for BB.

I also dropped mail highlighting the 3 txn on which 10% was not received and they gave the additional cashback for those 3 transactions even before the credit of the cashback for august month.

Last edited:

Well I have ordered from Tata Neu multiple times and have received 10% on Bigbasket, PUNE IND . Screenshot 2023-09-20 at 2.21.57 AM.png

Back