• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Edge Gyftr Cap on voucher purchase updated:26/4/2023 2:30 pm

TheGambler

TF Select
Compiled information from various sources (direct and indirect):
So these are the caps that were specific to brands (mentioned in the t&c on gyftr website):
  • A customer (registered mobile number) can buy a maximum of Rs. 10,000 worth of Amazon Pay Gift Cards in a calendar month.
  • A customer (registered mobile number) can buy a maximum of Rs. 50,000 worth of Amazon Shopping Vouchers in a calendar month.
  • A customer (registered mobile number) can buy a maximum of Rs. 10,000 worth of Flipkart Gift Cards in a calendar month.
  • A customer (registered mobile number) can buy a maximum of Rs. 20,000 worth of TATA CLiQ Gift Vouchers in a calendar month.
  • A customer (registered mobile number) can buy a maximum of Rs. 2,50,000 worth of Gift Vouchers in a calendar month.
No longer live:
On 12/04/2023, Edge Gyftr introduced some caps on overall purchase from the platform
: From the date of the gyftr edge account registration (it doesn't matter when the card was issued, days are counted from edge gyftr account creation):
  • maximum 10k worth voucher purchase is allowed in first 15 days.
  • maximum 25k worth voucher purchase is allowed in first 30 days.
  • maximum 75k worth voucher purchase is allowed in first 90 days.
  • after that, maximum 1L worth vouchers in a calender month.
This was not yet mentioned on the t&c in the website. customer care said they were not yet aware of it, but the cap had been placed. No one could purchase more than the limits mentioned.
Edit: This was specific to edge Gyftr, no limits like this on normal Gyftr, HDFC Smartbuy Gyftr or SBI Yono Gyftr.

Update: The limits on edge GyFTR seems to have been lifted as of 19/4/2023.

Last edited:
I spoke to the customer Care and they said that there is a limit of
10k in the first 15 days of every calendar month and 25k total on every calendar month.

25k limit throughout the year is really disappointing.

Can anyone check and confirm if this is true?
you did mention 25k per calendar month and again 25k limit throughout the year which doesn't relate to each other. Can you please give clarity on the same.

Every month there is a 25k limit
This doesn't seem right. can anyone else corroborate?
The caps for all voucher purchase through gyftr edge in one mobile number is as mentioned in the main post in this thread. I confirmed with customer care, too.
10k for the first 15 days, 25k for the first 30 days, 75k for the first 90 days (maybe you meant, 25k per month for the first three months?) and thereafter 1L per month.
Or maybe you or customer care exec meant 25k per month for Amazon shopping voucher?

This doesn't seem right. can anyone else corroborate?
The caps for all voucher purchase through gyftr edge in one mobile number is as mentioned in the main post in this thread. I confirmed with customer care, too.
10k for the first 15 days, 25k for the first 30 days, 75k for the first 90 days (maybe you meant, 25k per month for the first three months?) and thereafter 1L per month.
Or maybe you or customer care exec meant 25k per month for Amazon shopping voucher?
No i can was quite specific in my question to the customer care. Its an overall limit of 25k per month

So if a customer have an Add on card will the 1L gift cards will be shared or will get 2L gift cards when registered with 2 mobile numbers? And what about the card issue date will it vary from both the card issue date or will be considered only for Primary card?
The limit is for each account in gyftr edge regardless of the payment method used, i.e. one mobile number.
But there have been cases where using multiple gyftr accounts and same card got the card cancelled by the bank and RPs forfeited for those transactions.
For addon card, ideally it should be fine to sum the limits, please update if anyone else have already gotten the RPs for such transactions.

Compiled information from various sources (direct and indirect):
So these are the caps that were specific to brands (mentioned in the t&c on gyftr website):
  • A customer (registered mobile number) can buy a maximum of Rs. 10,000 worth of Amazon Pay Gift Cards in a calendar month.
  • A customer (registered mobile number) can buy a maximum of Rs. 25,000 worth of Amazon Shopping Vouchers in a calendar month.
  • A customer (registered mobile number) can buy a maximum of Rs. 10,000 worth of Flipkart Gift Cards in a calendar month.
  • A customer (registered mobile number) can buy a maximum of Rs. 20,000 worth of TATA CLiQ Gift Vouchers in a calendar month.
These are the new caps on spend accumulating from all brand voucher purchases. From the date of the gyftr edge account registration (it doesn't matter when the card was issued, days are counted from edge gyftr account creation):
  • maximum 10k worth voucher purchase is allowed in first 15 days.
  • maximum 25k worth voucher purchase is allowed in first 30 days.
  • maximum 75k worth voucher purchase is allowed in first 90 days.
  • after that, maximum 1L worth vouchers in a calender month.
This is not yet mentioned on the t&c in the website. customer care said they are not yet aware of it, but the cap has been placed, that's sure. No one can purchase more than the limits mentioned as of now.
Edit: This is specific to edge Gyftr, no limits like this on normal Gyftr, HDFC Smartbuy Gyftr or SBI Yono Gyftr.
Please update on the thread if you have more info.
I ran into the 30day just now

nice to know about these limits
Interestingly I had crossed the limit 3 days ago, but they imposed those 2 days ago :)

did Axis send any email regarding this?
I was planning to use gyftr to get to milestones, I guess it will be a bit harder now

I spoke to the customer Care and they said that there is a limit of
10k in the first 15 days of every calendar month and 25k total on every calendar month.

25k limit throughout the year is really disappointing.

Can anyone check and confirm if this is true?
25k limit throughout the year???

didn't the OP say it is for first 30days after the gyftr account is sued first time?

I was able to buy additional 10k (beyond 10K spent on primary card) amazon GV on addon card. Will that get 3x rewards?
you can check within a few days if you get regular ER points for that or not - if they don't give it at all (or give it but then take it back under "double points" that means you are getting the 3x

I ran into the 30day just now

nice to know about these limits
Interestingly I had crossed the limit 3 days ago, but they imposed those 2 days ago :)

did Axis send any email regarding this?
I was planning to use gyftr to get to milestones, I guess it will be a bit harder now
No mails
Just by sharing our experiences we r figuring out

My card was issued on 31Dec22. Technically my card transactions began on 1 Jan 23, basically more than 90days have passed but I am getting that 75k error even though my card age is more than 100 days above.
But my first gyftr edge transaction was on 24Jan, and according to that 90 days have not passed. Will have to wait till 26 april atleast for 90 days.

So this 90 days might have to do with either
1 when you register with axis gyftr edge
Or
2 from the date of your 1st transaction on gyftr

Last edited:
Back