• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Bali Trip Planning

codenerd

TF Ace
Hi Guys,
Just thought of sharing my experience/tips for anyone looking to go to BALI.
I went there in September 2022 and had an amazing experience. Since then I have planned trips and suggested places for few honeymoon couples and friends in my social circle and bhagwan ki daya se koi gaali nahi diya..
Everyone literally loved it.
So just want to share my limited knowledge tips/suggestion here incase anyone is planning a trip recently.
Also, it will be a great way to update my knowldge base about Bali from other fellow travellers who have been there.

Feel free to ask anything.

I visited Bali, Java Island and Nusa Penida Island.
I luckily travelled using Niyo Global Debit Card by SBM Bank which got banned that year later on...

Last edited:

Chiraggyl

TF Buzz
How to get cash in bali?.. if i convert inr to usd to idr.. i will loose around 5%
I have fi debit card with 0 forex and 100 international withdrawal fee.. how much atm fee is charged beyond these 2 charges?

blupirate

TF Buzz
How to get cash in bali?.. if i convert inr to usd to idr.. i will loose around 5%
I have fi debit card with 0 forex and 100 international withdrawal fee.. how much atm fee is charged beyond these 2 charges?
Keep USD for emergency, withdraw from ATM, pay attention when Machine ask you if you accept the conversion rate, simply decline conversation. use machine with 100k notes. Also do per transaction limit of ATM, some machines let you withdraw 2.5mill. some only 1.5mill. and some have per txn limit of 2mill., try to go for higher per txn limit. Don't know about FI charges, just gave info about what i know

Chiraggyl

TF Buzz
Keep USD for emergency, withdraw from ATM, pay attention when Machine ask you if you accept the conversion rate, simply decline conversation. use machine with 100k notes. Also do per transaction limit of ATM, some machines let you withdraw 2.5mill. some only 1.5mill. and some have per txn limit of 2mill., try to go for higher per txn limit. Don't know about FI charges, just gave info about what i know
What about atm fees? Do they atm fees apart from source bank charges

What about atm fees? Do they atm fees apart from source bank charges
I always stuck to "Bank Mandiri" ATMs. It was simple and no tricks to make you choose bank's conversion. If you use any other ATM (be sure to choose only local bank ATMs and not standalone ATMs or intl banks like Common Wealth Bank), always choose your options wisely and ALWAYS deny their conversion. The conversion rate would be bad and you'll be loosing money. Never had any fees other than my bank's conversion fee