• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Bank of India rejected my SB application

asahi

TF Premier
I applied for the sb Account online opted for vkyc during vkyc, that agent said this vkyc will fail, i said why? “Because you didn’t mention your Surname/Last Name in father’s Name column”. I only had written my father’s first name/actual name instead of full name(including last name) for that reason boi rejected my account. I don’t knew this before, with every bank I used to write my father’s first name only (first name itself is very lengthy & if i include last name which is also a lengthy one) with every bank(Cc or Sb) never had a problem, anyone faced the same issue?

Why don't you just write full name instead of opening a thread. Different bank will have their own policies. You can try to abbreviate father's name, and see if that works.
As I already told in my actual post: I don’t know that boi will act this away, as of now every bank accepted my parents name without surnames, so how would I actually guess that this bank will be different?. there’s no room for editing the name after vkyc. They said we can’t issue a sb Account sorry etc etc via mail, otherwise if there’s an option to update the name why would I post here?

As I already told in my actual post: I don’t know that boi will act this away, as of now every bank accepted my parents name without surnames, so how would I actually guess that this bank will be different?. there’s no room for editing the name after vkyc. They said we can’t issue a sb Account sorry etc etc via mail, otherwise if there’s an option to update the name why would I post here?
Cannot you apply again (fresh application)?
If not, then go to branch.

I applied for the sb Account online opted for vkyc during vkyc, that agent said this vkyc will fail, i said why? “Because you didn’t mention your Surname/Last Name in father’s Name column”. I only had written my father’s first name/actual name instead of full name(including last name) for that reason boi rejected my account. I don’t knew this before, with every bank I used to write my father’s first name only (first name itself is very lengthy & if i include last name which is also a lengthy one) with every bank(Cc or Sb) never had a problem, anyone faced the same issue?
Ye udta hua teer lene ki kya jarurat pad gayi

You dodged a bullet. Never use boi if not dying.

Back