• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Biz black approval

True as @drsel said. Would need to close your core card.

Although my RM suggested that he could process the application the day the card closure request is completed (no need to wait for 3 months). You can check for that, if that works for you.

Is it possible that employees can get the biz black card?

I pay more than 12 lakhs tax. Looking to declare investments more in payroll portal while paying advance tax through income tax portal. Is this approach realistic? Please suggest
Supposedly yes. Approach the branch. I've done it and my card is approved "in-principle" though things can still go wrong. I also filed ITR-3 last year because I dabbled in intraday trading. Perhaps that helped

I assume you mean, declare lesser investments to your company, so that you can pay the advance tax on your own. Allowed. I don't declare any* of my investments to the company and pay all tax after TDS on these investments, via the advance tax route

[*EDIT: Corrected my statements. I only declare investments required to reduce tax and not other investments that bring in money that is classified as income from other sources]

Last edited:
Supposedly yes. Approach the branch. I've done it and my card is approved "in-principle" though things can still go wrong. I also filed ITR-3 last year because I dabbled in intraday trading. Perhaps that helped

I assume you mean, declare lesser investments to your company, so that you can pay the advance tax on your own. Allowed. I don't declare any of my investments to the company and pay all tax after TDS on these investments, via the advance tax route
When you say you don't declare any investments, won't the payroll team deduct the tax from salary? I suppose yes.

In that case, aren't you paying the tax twice when you say you pay advance tax. May be I didn't get you clearly.

When you say you don't declare any investments, won't the payroll team deduct the tax from salary? I suppose yes.

In that case, aren't you paying the tax twice when you say you pay advance tax. May be I didn't get you clearly.
Sorry for confusing you. If you mean investments to claim deductions by all means declare them to your payroll team so that your tax liability reduces. I do that too.

When I used the term investments, I meant my investments other than those which provide tax deductions (e.g. FDs, NSCs, MFs, etc). This goes under income from other sources. My payroll team allows me to declare this if I want too, and they deduct additional TDS accordingly from my salary at slab rates. I declare it as 0 and pay the taxes on this income as advance tax

Last edited:
Sorry for confusing you. If you mean investments to claim deductions by all means declare them to your payroll team so that you tax liability reduces. I do that too.

When I used the term investments, I meant my investments other than those which provide tax deductions (e.g. FDs, NSCs, MFs, etc). This goes under income from other sources. My payroll team allows me to declare this if I want too, and they deduct additional TDS accordingly from my salary at slab rates. I declare it as 0 and pay the taxes on this income as advance tax
Clear now. So, the advance tax you through credit card is for the (income from other sources). In my case, it is negligible and I was looking to see if there are any proper ways to pay advance tax without tds by employer.

I got the status as approved and instant credit card mail is also received, though the link is not opening from chrome.

Has any one received 5X reward points on GST payment?

I made significant GST and advance tax payment using BizBlack CC (as per instructions) and have received regular RPs (on full amount) in 2 days on payment; but haven't received 5X (up to 7500 RPs) as yet.

Would those be credited later with statement, or should I raise this concern with HDFC?

PS: This is my first billing cycle, so wanted to understand.

Has any one received 5X reward points on GST payment?

I made significant GST and advance tax payment using BizBlack CC (as per instructions) and have received regular RPs (on full amount) in 2 days on payment; but haven't received 5X (up to 7500 RPs) as yet.

Would those be credited later with statement, or should I raise this concern with HDFC?

PS: This is my first billing cycle, so wanted to understand.
Mine 5x were credited 2-3 days after statement.

Quick Q:

On BizBlack CC - 5X Reward Points on your select Business spends are capped at 7500 per statement cycle.

If one has exhausted this limit, would you still earn 3X/5X/10X rewards on SmartBuy portal in the same statement cycle?

Confusion is because SmartBuy has its own limits of 10000 RPs per calendar month.

Attachments

• 1722152026971.webp
    1722152026971.webp
    11.6 KB · Views: 10
Quick Q:

On BizBlack CC - 5X Reward Points on your select Business spends are capped at 7500 per statement cycle.

If one has exhausted this limit, would you still earn 3X/5X/10X rewards on SmartBuy portal in the same statement cycle?

Confusion is because SmartBuy has its own limits of 10000 RPs per calendar month.

@drsel @basant Any information on this?

If you apply BizBlack as a floater card with existing HDFC CC (also having HDFC bank a/c), does HDFC do in-person verification of commercial business at the address? If so, at what stage and what do they look for? I am an independent consultant so have nothing to show at home address!

Background: I applied, and they did basic on call verification. Then I got a message it is approved in principle pending internal checks. Then, I followed up with branch and it seems the branch messed up the in-person KYC by doing it for a CID linked to an old account (despite me telling them clearly that they need to pick the correct CID while applying). This is how I missed the tax depositing deadline for using the card. Now, the branch say, they just need to submit the correct a/c # to backend team to complete the processing. However, I am wondering whether they will do in-person verification.

If you apply BizBlack as a floater card with existing HDFC CC (also having HDFC bank a/c), does HDFC do in-person verification of commercial business at the address? If so, at what stage and what do they look for? I am an independent consultant so have nothing to show at home address!

Background: I applied, and they did basic on call verification. Then I got a message it is approved in principle pending internal checks. Then, I followed up with branch and it seems the branch messed up the in-person KYC by doing it for a CID linked to an old account (despite me telling them clearly that they need to pick the correct CID while applying). This is how I missed the tax depositing deadline for using the card. Now, the branch say, they just need to submit the correct a/c # to backend team to complete the processing. However, I am wondering whether they will do in-person verification.
There is no in person verification for Biz Black as floater card. Verification done only on call

Hey guys first post here!
Trying to apply for HDFC biz black metal through my RM, gave him all the details. My revenue is in crores but net ITR is way less than 21L requirement. Also holding ICICI Amazon card with 5L for which I have given him the statement. Cibil is 832.

What do you think are the chances for my approval? Also holding current account with HDFC. I would love to have this card as my genuine business transactions are quite high.
Is it mandatory for hdfc biz black approval to have hdfc savings or current account?

Last edited:

I assume you mean, declare lesser investments to your company, so that you can pay the advance tax on your own. Allowed. I don't declare any* of my investments to the company and pay all tax after TDS on these investments, via the advance tax route

[*EDIT: Corrected my statements. I only declare investments required to reduce tax and not other investments that bring in money that is classified as income from other sources]
Finally did you get it?

Back