• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Biz black approval

Is it mandatory for hdfc biz black approval to have hdfc savings or current account?
Not necessarily. We applied for a second BizBlack card in my family without HDFC savings account. I had the account with bank and same card, but said family member didn't had any relationship. Application went thru and card was approved in-principle (as all formalities were met); but was later denied.

Spoke with RM on my behalf (with Imperia status) that we will be adding the said member to family banking; and now the card is approved and dispatched; still haven't opened the account though.

So they are flexible, provided you know which screw to tighten with HDFC!!

Not necessarily. We applied for a second BizBlack card in my family without HDFC savings account. I had the account with bank and same card, but said family member didn't had any relationship. Application went thru and card was approved in-principle (as all formalities were met); but was later denied.

Spoke with RM on my behalf (with Imperia status) that we will be adding the said member to family banking; and now the card is approved and dispatched; still haven't opened the account though.

HDFC is asking me for a open a saving account with 5 lakh deposit in order to apply for infinia card.

Q1) Do I need to open a savings account at all?
Q2) Or can I open a savings plus account with the minimum 25000?

Last edited:
HDFC is asking me for a open a saving account with 5 lakh deposit in order to apply for infinia card.
Do I need to open a savings account at all?
Or can I open a savings plus account with the minimum 25000?
Another sign of devaluation. People are read to Park 10L to get this card earlier, but they never budged till an ulip is bought. Now with 5L it's dirt cheap and sure indicator of devaluation. Wait for 2 months and go for infinia reserve.

Do I need to open a savings account at all?
Or can I open a savings plus account with the minimum 25000?
With Infinia being invite only, you may need to establish some relationship with bank so that BM could refer you for the same.

But 5L deposit might be a stretch. Try to negotiate as best as you can.

Another sign of devaluation. People are read to Park 10L to get this card earlier, but they never budged till an ulip is bought. Now with 5L it's dirt cheap and sure indicator of devaluation. Wait for 2 months and go for infinia reserve.
That could be the case. But they won't be dolling out Infinia Reserve at start just like that. It might work in favour to have some credible relationship with bank by the time it launches, so to have better chance of getting an approval.

That could be the case. But they won't be dolling out Infinia Reserve at start just like that. It might work in favour to have some credible relationship with bank by the time it launches, so to have better chance of getting an approval.
@drsel already has axis MB. Still for some reason if he wants infinia, the 5L deposit is the sweetest deal.

cc : @SSV

Q1) Do I need to open a savings account at all?
Q2) Or can I open a savings plus account with the minimum 25000?
5L deposit is the best deal I have heard till now... It is nothing compared to ULIPs bank usually asks for ETBs

I think NTB to HDFC bank is helping you. If you already had HDFC account, this offer would not have been given

There seems to be some ghapla on this front. The person I was dealing with at branch is not very good and transparent. I still opened an account since the application was stuck for a ling time. Also, using the same account to add a joint family member for a new payzapp wallet account :)

Please share your whole story !!!
Nothing much. Applied through my RM. The CC team then checked for eligibility. Found I was eligible. Had to close MB+ card. Then they issued this card.
More snippets here:

Nothing much. Applied through my RM. The CC team then checked for eligibility. Found I was eligible. Had to close MB+ card. Then they issued this card.
More snippets here:
No wonder you are a copy cat to copy those many posts.

OK. I have a hdfc account . Should I go to home branch and beg them ? or any nearby ? Will they get lured if I say I will that account to their branch. I am salaried and ITR2 with way above of their 36 LPA requirement.

OK. I have a hdfc account . Should I go to home branch and beg them ? or any nearby ? Will they get lured if I say I will that account to their branch. I am salaried and ITR2 with way above of their 36 LPA requirement.

Depends on the RM that you find. Tell them that you do either intraday and/or short term trading and therefore have to pay additional taxes. Also tell them that based on your turnover, you would/might be filing ITR-3 (if intraday then it is mandatory as that it is business income). They might agree
In my case I had actually filed ITR-3 the previous year because I stupidly dabbled in intraday for 5-7 days

I actually referred my friend to my HDFC RM. Same case, high ITR but salaried. He needed BizBlack card for paying taxes for his father's business.

Bank executive declined to even accept the application. Need to prove business profession.

Apparently they get negative points (internal system) for moving ineligible applications, so he straightaway declined as for BizBlack business income is must.

Not dissuading you, please do try with your branch. You may have better luck!

I have heard that BizBlack applications are being moved to corporate team only from all branches. This could be to prevent ineligible sourcing!

Depends on the RM that you find. Tell them that you do either intraday and/or short term trading and therefore have to pay additional taxes. Also tell them that based on your turnover, you would/might be filing ITR-3 (if intraday then it is mandatory as that it is business income). They might agree
In my case I had actually filed ITR-3 the previous year because I stupidly dabbled in intraday for 5-7 days
BTW when was this ? When did you apply ?

BTW when was this ? When did you apply ?
i got it in my wifes name as a floater on her regalia.. literally with 2 signs on the floater form the card came home in 2 weeks.. no business docs, no itr and no field verification.. i applied thru a random branch in my city and not home branch so that my RM doesn't think i owe her any favours..

i got it in my wifes name as a floater on her regalia.. literally with 2 signs on the floater form the card came home in 2 weeks.. no business docs, no itr and no field verification.. i applied thru a random branch in my city and not home branch so that my RM doesn't think i owe her any favours..
which city ?

which city ?
Holiday India GIF by Virgin Atlantic

Back