• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

BOB Eterna is now becoming a most popular choice credit card

jetesh

TF Legend
BOB Eterna credit card has seen a significant rise in demand recently due to several attractive features:

1. With the recent launch of the Rupay network, BOB Eterna is becoming a popular choice in super premium credit card segment.
2. BOB Eterna offers the highest number of lounges.
3. Unlimited Domestic Lounge Access.
4. International lounge access will also be announced soon.
5. Best Reward Points. 15 rewards points per Rs 100 on online shopping, dining, travel and international spends.
6. Plus, BOB Eterna annual fees are lower compared to other banks’ credit cards in the same segment.
7. And achieving a fee waiver is a breeze !
8. Foreign Exchange Mark-up fee of 2%.
9. Buy 1 Get 1 Free Movie ticket via Paytm
10. Welcome Gift of FitPass Pro Membership worth Rs. 15,000.
eterna-shadow-19-feb24.webp

Last edited:
I got stuck in USA till mid-NOV.

If not, by now, I must have applied for a couple of CCs. Eterna is on my radar.
Meanwhile I got my Eterna LTF via Radiance !! 😉

And also recently got offer of
1)earning 3,100 RP for 31k spend and also
2) 10K RP for first 50K spend..and icing on the cake is , it is a double dip...
Lucky me. !!

So , for my total spend of first 50k , I get
Normal RP : 6.2K
31st year BOB offer : 3.1k
Welcome offer : 10k

Total approximately 19.5k RP on first 50k spends.
On top of it , I got LTF snapdeal CC , both virtual and physical...

Last edited:
A very valid point in getting back the discussion to eterna..
Had to respond to previous posts because of misinformation and and unnecessary propaganda linking rupay and currency and me getting tagged in some posts...

Anyway, this thread is for bob eterna..
Lets keep it like that...
A very valid point in getting back the discussion to eterna.

In a democracy, it is said that everyone has the right to express their opinion, and everyone is somewhat right from their perspective. However, if all political parties agree on something, If you do not agree at that time, then you are 100% wrong.

For example, when it comes to war in a country.
Secondly, when it comes to the RuPay card.

All political parties come together.

Congress launched RuPay, and the BJP is helping to promote and expand it.

In other states, local political parties in Tamil Nadu, Punjab, etc. launch many local schemes through the RuPay card, And the BJP and Congress have nothing to do with these local parties.

NPCI is a private company. Congress has a major issue to blame BJP, yet they remain silent whenever they constantly bark at BJP regarding Adani and Ambani matters.

Reason ? This is the point. In a democracy, if all political parties agree on something, If you do not agree at that time, then you are 100% wrong.

Anyway, this thread is for bob eterna.

Lets keep it like that...

Meanwhile I got my Eterna LTF via Radiance !! 😉

And also recently got offer of
1)earning 3,100 RP for 31k spend and also
2) 10K RP for first 50K spend..and icing on the cake is , it is a double dip...
Lucky me. !!

So , for my total spend of first 50k , I get
Normal RP : 6.2K
31st year BOB offer : 3.1k
Welcome offer : 10k

Total approximately 19.5k RP on first 50k spends.
On top of it , I got LTF snapdeal CC , both virtual and physical...
I wish LTF Eterna is open till 12/2024 so that I can apply on my return. BOB branch is very very close to my house. I am a returning customer to BOB and BOB Cards. Fingers crossed... Till mid-Nov.

I have studied economics; I don't know about others. 😀😀
I was a qualified cost and management accountant and had a brief stint in practicing it before going into IT. Not just studying economics...😀😀😀
I don't know about others !!! 🤣
The other topics - needs a lot of serious study, serious analysis and a lot of background in Economy - both micro n macro, forex, bop, cross country dealings n a lot more.

Without serious players - experts in these niche areas - just putting across some random points - from personal view points or opinions - will not help.
And i studied 5.5 yrs of MBBS and 3 yrs of General Surgery,
So i have no idea about most of what you guys are talking about 🥲

Yes.. Already have a dormant BOB salary ac.. But the BM is not so responsive when I said I'll add funds for upgrade
It is pretty straight forward.
Once you keep 30L TRV ,which includes FD for a quarter then system automatically picks your account for Radiance and once it is converted to Radiance , let your Radinace RM know about your intention of applying for eterna. He/ she will forward your request to local Credit card guys..At this stage if something is not happening in the right way, let me know I can assist you with my current contacts in the Hyd CC team, assuming they still are at the same place when you contact me..
All the best

I own a macbook pro, so giving out $2k to a US company is fine but using a visa/mc card is not. I guess buying US/EU products using rupay card will make rupay more strong.

Here's my experience with cards:
My first card (6.5 years back) was a Kotak Visa with a ₹15,000 limit, which I closed after two years, My second card (26 rejections after Wow and 1 day before my third card and first Amex) was the IDFC Wow Visa, My third was an Amex because, for some reason, Indian banks weren’t offering me cards so all my major transactions are on foreign networks and I will most probably continue to do so cause they trusted me more than the Indian banks.

We take immense pride in innovations like UPI and other domestic initiatives. But in reality, a lot of what works in India is driven by the sheer scale of our population and low/no transaction fees. UPI is great, but similar solutions like CashApp, Venmo, and Zelle have existed in the U.S. for a while. Yet, we often act like we’re the first to invent these things, ignoring what already exists elsewhere. Take Ola’s CEO, for instance, boasting that Ola is the largest and even adding a star (excluding china) to highlight it during their presentation.

Edit:

Patriotism matters, and we all want to support our country. But true support should come from creating exceptional products and services—not just from relying on patriotic sentiments. Build something so outstanding that it speaks for itself, without needing nationalism to push it.

We, as Indians, often come across as the most egoistic and arrogant people, especially when you compare the services provided by Indian-owned companies versus foreign-owned ones. Just look at the difference in service between Amex and banks like HDFC or SBI. Indian companies tend to rest on their laurels, expecting support just because they’re Indian, rather than striving to improve. The day we embrace humility will be the day RuPay—and India—truly become strong.

also Democracy does not mean that people should cry out their beliefs everywhere.

Last edited:
I own a macbook pro, so giving out $2k to a US company is fine but using a visa/mc card is not. I guess buying US/EU products using rupay card will make rupay more strong.

Here's my experience with cards:
My first card (6.5 years back) was a Kotak Visa with a ₹15,000 limit, which I closed after two years, My second card (26 rejections after Wow and 1 day before my third card and first Amex) was the IDFC Wow Visa, My third was an Amex because, for some reason, Indian banks weren’t offering me cards so all my major transactions are on foreign networks and I will most probably continue to do so cause they trusted me more than the Indian banks.

We take immense pride in innovations like UPI and other domestic initiatives. But in reality, a lot of what works in India is driven by the sheer scale of our population and low/no transaction fees. UPI is great, but similar solutions like CashApp, Venmo, and Zelle have existed in the U.S. for a while. Yet, we often act like we’re the first to invent these things, ignoring what already exists elsewhere. Take Ola’s CEO, for instance, boasting that Ola is the largest and even adding a star (excluding china) to highlight it during their presentation.

Edit:

Patriotism matters, and we all want to support our country. But true support should come from creating exceptional products and services—not just from relying on patriotic sentiments. Build something so outstanding that it speaks for itself, without needing nationalism to push it.

We, as Indians, often come across as the most egoistic and arrogant people, especially when you compare the services provided by Indian-owned companies versus foreign-owned ones. Just look at the difference in service between Amex and banks like HDFC or SBI. Indian companies tend to rest on their laurels, expecting support just because they’re Indian, rather than striving to improve. The day we embrace humility will be the day RuPay—and India—truly become strong.

also Democracy does not mean that people should cry out their beliefs everywhere.
CashApp, Venmo, and Zelle is not similar to UPI.

Few years back, the CEO of Zelle himself has said that UPI is amazing, and there is no payment system like UPI. The Zelle CEO was also interested in UPI APIs from NPCI to launch UPI in the US.

For those who don’t understand the difference between CashApp, Venmo, and Zelle: they are equivalent to IMPS. UPI is an upgraded version of IMPS.

UPI has been designed in such a way and has become so scalable that no other instant payment system in the world has achieved this level of success.

That’s why the equivalents of UPI are Brazil's PIX and the US-based FedNow. There are also other countries that have developed what you could call mini versions of UPI, such as UAE's AANI, Singapore's PayNow, Sri Lanka's LankaPay QR, and Nepal's NPI.

This is exactly why we Indians proudly say that we were the first to create such a payment system.

Even countries like the USA compare their FedNow system to UPI and Brazil’s PIX. This further proves that such a payment system never existed before. And the CEO of Zelle himself approached NPCI for UPI APIs because Zelle is not like UPI.

CashApp, Venmo, and Zelle is not similar to UPI.

Few years back, the CEO of Zelle himself has said that UPI is amazing, and there is no payment system like UPI. The Zelle CEO was also interested in UPI APIs from NPCI to launch UPI in the US.

For those who don’t understand the difference between CashApp, Venmo, and Zelle: they are equivalent to IMPS. UPI is an upgraded version of IMPS.

UPI has been designed in such a way and has become so scalable that no other instant payment system in the world has achieved this level of success.

That’s why the equivalents of UPI are Brazil's PIX and the US-based FedNow. There are also other countries that have developed what you could call mini versions of UPI, such as UAE's AANI, Singapore's PayNow, Sri Lanka's LankaPay QR, and Nepal's NPI.

This is exactly why we Indians proudly say that we were the first to create such a payment system.

Even countries like the USA compare their FedNow system to UPI and Brazil’s PIX. This further proves that such a payment system never existed before. And the CEO of Zelle himself approached NPCI for UPI APIs because Zelle is not like UPI.
got it 😅 😅 I give up too.

Back