• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

BOB Eterna is now becoming a most popular choice credit card

jetesh

TF Legend
BOB Eterna credit card has seen a significant rise in demand recently due to several attractive features:

1. With the recent launch of the Rupay network, BOB Eterna is becoming a popular choice in super premium credit card segment.
2. BOB Eterna offers the highest number of lounges.
3. Unlimited Domestic Lounge Access.
4. International lounge access will also be announced soon.
5. Best Reward Points. 15 rewards points per Rs 100 on online shopping, dining, travel and international spends.
6. Plus, BOB Eterna annual fees are lower compared to other banks’ credit cards in the same segment.
7. And achieving a fee waiver is a breeze !
8. Foreign Exchange Mark-up fee of 2%.
9. Buy 1 Get 1 Free Movie ticket via Paytm
10. Welcome Gift of FitPass Pro Membership worth Rs. 15,000.
eterna-shadow-19-feb24.webp

Last edited:
Nope. I shared in context of RuPay Credit on UPI.

Rupay Credit Card still worked on the POS machine - same hospital.
Yo, some people still don't understand that Credit on UPI is just the beginning.

Banks and NPCI are fully aware of the acceptance issues.

Slowly, all issues will be resolved, but there will still be some problems with small merchants. However, merchants who directly accept payments through credit card swipes will definitely accept Credit on UPI in the future.

I found an article from 2012 or 2014 where the writer was completely mocking the RuPay card, saying it could never be accepted everywhere like Visa/Mastercard. He was completely confident in that. He said the govt was just wasting money, etc.

Card network and Credit on UPI network expansion takes a bit more time.

The main problem is also related to the KYC issue. POS machines provide full KYC before being issued. For fintech startups UPI QR codes to accept Credit on UPI, full KYC is required.

Also, read this article -

It is pretty straight forward.
Once you keep 30L TRV ,which includes FD for a quarter then system automatically picks your account for Radiance and once it is converted to Radiance , let your Radinace RM know about your intention of applying for eterna. He/ she will forward your request to local Credit card guys..At this stage if something is not happening in the right way, let me know I can assist you with my current contacts in the Hyd CC team, assuming they still are at the same place when you contact me..
All the best
Any detailed post for this bro?
And how many months we have to maintain 30L for eterna.
Any physical verification?

Any detailed post for this bro?
Read from here..

And how many months we have to maintain 30L for eterna.
Maximum a quarter .. depending upon when you start your relationship..

Any physical verification?

No..

Read from here..

Maximum a quarter .. depending upon when you start your relationship..

No..
Oh man, what a perseverance. Hatsoff to ur efforts.
Congrats bro on ur ltf eterna

Question to people who recently got the RuPay Eterna card: is the RuPay BIN correctly set up on e-com sites for BOBCard offers? I have just received the Visa card and would like to switch to RuPay before activating if it’s all set already.

Question to people who recently got the RuPay Eterna card: is the RuPay BIN correctly set up on e-com sites for BOBCard offers? I have just received the Visa card and would like to switch to RuPay before activating if it’s all set already.
When I enquired about Rupay switch from MC of my then 15 day old Eterna , they refused the request and asked me to wait for atleast 1 year.. as it was already issued on a seperate network..
I didn't insist on it further as well , as I want to wait until all teething issues were resolved..

Last edited:
When I enquired about Rupay switch from MC of my then 15 day old Eterna , they refused the request and asked me to wait for atleast 1 year.. as it was already issued on a seperate network..
I didn't insist it further as well , as I want to wait until all teething issues were resolved..
Thanks for sharing. Would be good to know if someone else has taken the plunge and can verify if those teething issues have been sorted out.

Yes because BOB RuPay Premier and BOB RuPay Eterna BIN is same.

Check here - BOB Eterna offer also work on RuPay Premier -

@Abhishek012 Thanks, that clears the way for me to ask for RuPay! Is this going to be on the combined JCB+Discover network? What's the acceptance in Europe and North America?
The JCB Card network has been rapidly expanding to European nations over the last 5-6 years.

Some people said that they have been seeing JCB cards in certain places in Europe since the year 2000.

JCB Card recently launched a brand awareness campaign in Europe. JCB stated that their cards have been accepted in Europe for the past few decades, but neither people nor merchants are aware of it.

Talking about North America, JCB is accepted everywhere in the USA. It has a tie-up with the Discover network.

In Canada, there is a partnership with the AMEX card network but how many places accept it, no idea. On Reddit, people said that the AMEX card network is accepted at 50% of places in Canada. All gas stations, drug stores, big box stores, department stores and most restaurants.

The JCB Card network has been rapidly expanding to European nations over the last 5-6 years.

Some people said that they have been seeing JCB cards in certain places in Europe since the year 2000.

JCB Card recently launched a brand awareness campaign in Europe. JCB stated that their cards have been accepted in Europe for the past few decades, but neither people nor merchants are aware of it.

Talking about North America, JCB is accepted everywhere in the USA. It has a tie-up with the Discover network.

In Canada, there is a partnership with the AMEX card network but how many places accept it, no idea. On Reddit, people said that the AMEX card network is accepted at 50% of places in Canada. All gas stations, drug stores, big box stores, department stores and most restaurants.
Can you please explain the dynamics between RuPay and JCB/Diners/Discover partnerships? How does NPCI share network charges with those other players?

Also I'm slightly confused about the relationship between Discover and Diners, since Discover owns Diners. So is it correct to say that the Discover + JCB cards are effectively Discover + Diners + JCB, unlike let's say Tata Neu which is only Discover + Diners? So the BOB card may have a wider acceptance?

Last edited:
Can you please explain the dynamics between RuPay and JCB/Diners/Discover partnerships? How does NPCI share network charges with those other players?
RuPay international cards are Dual network cards.

In international transactions, NPCI generally doesn't play a significant role. RuPay International cards (Card numbers start with 65 or 35) are equipped with EMV chips from Discover or JCB.

Back