• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

BOB HPCL Energie - LTF?

How many days since the transaction?

Wait for 4-5 working days for accelerated RP to show up
it has been 2 days, thanks for the input though. will wait.
Another question, will only CA avenue payment gateway give rewards or paytm payment gateway also provide rewards?
Also, i am not able to tokenize and save card in CA avenue gateway, entering card details everytime while paying causes lot of delay , anyone facing this issue?

Another question, will only CA avenue payment gateway give rewards or paytm payment gateway also provide rewards?
Also, i am not able to tokenize and save card in CA avenue gateway, entering card details everytime while paying causes lot of delay , anyone facing this issue?
I've only tried with CC avenue
I've read in this forum that paytm gateway doesn't.

Also my card is successfully tokenized in CC Avenue gateway.

After scanning the QR.
Select CC avenue
And there's option to access saved Cards.

P
Paytm didn't support Rupay card last i tried

i got this cc recently and paid in hp pump using HP Pay app scanning and selecting credit card as payment option and paying using CA avenue payment gateway. But got only 10 points for 1000 spent. anyone can help understand what is the problem here?
Happens sometimes. Send a email to crm@bobfinancial.com saying accelerated points were not credited, with transaction date, transaction id and transaction amount. I've got many times after email.

Try a different pump and once you find a pump that provides accelerated reward points automatically, stick to it

Now since HPCL is being offered as LTF and Virtual Only, can anyone confirm what will be rewards if i scan HP Pay Barcode at hp pump and :
1) Choose CREDIT Card option and enter virtual CC details.
2) Choose UPI option and select paytm/CC Avene Gateway and pay using Upi. ( As per their product page no accelerated rewards for UPI transactions. so i guess only base reward rate will be applicable right ?)

Aside this what else we will get in terms of HappyCoin in each of these scenarios.

Last edited:
Now since HPCL is being offered as LTF and Virtual Only, can anyone confirm what will be rewards if i scan HP Pay Barcode at hp pump and :
1) Choose CREDIT Card option and enter virtual CC details.
24Rps/150Rs (1rp ~ 0.25rs) ~ 4% value back +
4 happy coins/100rs (1 coin~ 0.25rs) ~ 1% value
2) Choose UPI option and select paytm/CC Avene Gateway and pay using Upi. ( As per their product page no accelerated rewards for UPI transactions. so i guess only base reward rate will be applicable right ?)
Correct. No accelerated rps

Also no accelerated rps on loading HP pay wallet. But will get 1 happy coin/100rs (0.25% value) when using the amount from hp pay wallet

Thanks for confirming. BTW is there any option to save credit card details in hppay app so that we don't have to fill details manually?
Yes. First time you have to enter, next time it shows a tab of saved cards. Can enter cvv and proceed.

Off topic, if I'm not wrong, I vaguely remember you creating a thread some time ago to know about ways to recharge fastag and use it on fuel so that you don't have to rely on fuel cards which are hit and miss.

They've now lured you in with LTF. Welcome to the frustrating world of fuel cards 😅

Yes. First time you have to enter, next time it shows a tab of saved cards. Can enter cvv and proceed.

Off topic, if I'm not wrong, I vaguely remember you creating a thread some time ago to know about ways to recharge fastag and use it on fuel so that you don't have to rely on fuel cards which are hit and miss.

They've now lured you in with LTF. Welcome to the frustrating world of fuel cards 😅
Yes you got it right. I still have around 10K in fasttag (thanks to recharge offers on fasttag via park+) but sadly I couldn't find a single HP bunk who accepts fastag balance as payment. I currently have 2 paid axis IOCL cards which are flawless in terms of rewards points so no hustle there. Today only I got LTF offer to have this one so was curious to know how it can be used properly so that I can get rid of 1 paid Axis IOCL card(3.5 Lakh spend criteria is a joke).

What are the welcome benefit on this LTF Virtuak card, considering mine got activatedtoday (before 15th July devaluation date). Also I think we can purchase fuel of 6250 INR in order to get max 1000Rewards points per month right?

Last edited:

Dude you’ve nailed it lol
Anyways thanks for your perfect math of this virtual only card

Also I think we can purchase fuel of 6250 INR in order to get max 1000Rewards points per month right?
Technically you can purchase fuel upto Rs 6760 (as the capping is only on the accelerated reward points)

But practically, I've sometimes received accelerated reward points upto Rs 8-9k (didn't try to push the cap, just happened). Let's just say they're not very strict with the capping.

It's a good card to have, even as paid (only 50k waiver, statement credit, no redemption fees, additional 1% in hp pay). Only issue I've faced is sometimes we've to email to get the accelerated reward points. But if you are lucky that you frequent a pump in which the system automatically gives accelerated reward points, then you can simply accumulate.

I'm currently not using this only because I'm getting better value with park+ and SBI cashback. Also I'm trying to use fastag for fuel currently (not succeeded yet as ICICI have disabled fuel payments automatically, have raised a ticket to enable it)

It's a good card to have, even as paid (only 50k waiver, statement credit, no redemption fees, additional 1% in hp pay). Only issue I've faced is sometimes we've to email to get the accelerated reward points. But if you are lucky that you frequent a pump in which the system automatically gives accelerated reward points, then you can simply accumulate.

I'm currently not using this only because I'm getting better value with park+ and SBI cashback.

Does that give 2+5%? But sooner or later that category/mcc might come under exclusion .
Also I'm trying to use fastag for fuel currently (not succeeded yet as ICICI have disabled fuel payments automatically, have raised a ticket to enable it)
So is there any option to disable it from fasttag side as well? Maybe that's y I am unable to pay from fastag via hppay,let me connect with ICICI fasttag team

Last edited:
Does that give 2+5%? But sooner or later that category/mcc might come under exclusion .
Ya. Enjoying till it lasts
So is there any option to disable it from fasttag side as well? Maybe that's y I am unable to pay from fastag via hppay,let me connect with ICICI fasttag team
It seems so. Recently found out in another thread

24Rps/150Rs (1rp ~ 0.25rs) ~ 4% value back +
4 happy coins/100rs (1 coin~ 0.25rs) ~ 1% value

Correct. No accelerated rps

Also no accelerated rps on loading HP pay wallet. But will get 1 happy coin/100rs (0.25% value) when using the amount from hp pay wallet
hello. Just got HPCL as an additional card. I paid at HP using normal UPI QR code and entered card details. He specifically said HP Pay app is still not live yet. Are we supposed to use HP Pay QR code? Will there be separate QR at HP petrol pumps?

And also while HP Pay showed payment as successful, he handed over me a failed transaction slip. I raised a dispute in BoB portal and HP pay app.

hello. Just got HPCL as an additional card. I paid at HP using normal UPI QR code and entered card details. He specifically said HP Pay app is still not live yet.
How do you say it's normal UPI QR? HP scan and pay doesn't detect normal UPi qr and hppay app UPI doesn't allow rupay credit ca
Are we supposed to use HP Pay QR code? Will there be separate QR at HP petrol pumps?
Yes
And also while HP Pay showed payment as successful, he handed over me a failed transaction slip. I raised a dispute in BoB portal and HP pay app.
You should get your money back

Back