• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Easiest way to get an Infinia Metal I've ever heard

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Freind of mine called me today, he is an entrepreneur, has a startup with friends making and installing electric car chargers ,never had a credit card till now ,went upto HDFC bank Lucknow branch few weeks back to open an account with a check of 20 Lakhs and told them only if he gets an Infinia LTF ,first they said we'll give you DCB LTF ,try for Infinia after you open the account but he wouldn't take any of it ,told them either give Infinia or he'll take his business to Axis people (who were offering him Magnus) ,so the HDFC people agreed and he got an Infinia FYF with 55 Lakhs limit

What makes me jealous is that I'm 31 and the best I've got is a Magnus with 5 Lakhs limit ,which is like my 15th card my 8 year credit card journey ,Infinia is something of a dream for me ,can't even get DCB from them ,all I've from HDFC is a measly Millennia with 1.16 Lakhs limit

And this guy is just 27 & this is his first card. 🙄

Thoughts ?

Last edited:
You purchased car using credit card? Do they accept?
Yes I used my card for bulk of car purchase payment. Whether they accept depends on dealer and they will generally charge you 1 -2 %. Best is to negotiate with dealer beforehand. In my case dealer was pushing for payment and my loan disbursal was stuck. Hence I negotiated to pay dealer whatever he gets charged in mdr as per POS machine.

Yes I used my card for bulk of car purchase payment. Whether they accept depends on dealer and they will generally charge you 1 -2 %. Best is to negotiate with dealer beforehand. In my case dealer was pushing for payment and my loan disbursal was stuck. Hence I negotiated to pay dealer whatever he gets charged in mdr as per POS machine.
What was the cost for car and how much did you pay mdr? what card did you use?

You guys do know those additional charges by dealers is not legal right? I purchased my vehicle using card too, they tried to charge but I refused and explained them how it is illegal for them to charge extra as it's a biz expense for them which they need to pay not the customer (cited news article explaining this and also hinted how they could get blacklisted if someone reports them to RBI/Card Processor...lol). After internal discussions with their finance team, they accepted through online payment mode (via cc). I paid zero additional charges.

You guys do know those additional charges by dealers is not legal right? I purchased my vehicle using card too, they tried to charge but I refused and explained them how it is illegal for them to charge extra as it's a biz expense for them which they need to pay not the customer (cited news article explaining this and also hinted how they could get blacklisted if someone reports them to RBI/Card Processor...lol). After internal discussions with their finance team, they accepted through online payment mode (via cc). I paid zero additional charges.
You truly are a deserving person for the name smartsave

What's his income? 55L is questionable(though it is possible) considering this is the first ever CC that is being issued to them, and that too when the person is running a small start-up.
Yeah 55L CL to a self employed as first CC is highly questionable. Banks generally don't give high CL's to business owners if it were Icici or Kotak 50 lakh CL is common and many have it
55L on a HDFC card , I guess I have heard it for the first time , all I know that they max out around 30 lakhs post that any CL needs to be approved from country head.

Yeah 55L CL to a self employed as first CC is highly questionable. Banks generally don't give high CL's to business owners if it were Icici or Kotak 50 lakh CL is common and many have it
55L on a HDFC card , I guess I have heard it for the first time , all I know that they max out around 30 lakhs post that any CL needs to be approved from country head.
Agreed. Banks typically don't give high limits to business owners as they may potentially use it for business transactions. But again, it is possible based on the relationship(CASA+loans) relationship you hold with the bank. They will take into consideration the company profile of the business owner before giving such high limits though.
The risk profile of the individual is very high considering the individual is running a small start-up, so this seems kind of unlikely to me. Would be a different story if it was an older organization with a multi-crore turnover.

han. mai bhi nahi manta.
Proof do. 😃

You can ask RM to F**k him/herself ( sorry for the language there ) . They don’t own HDFC. Occasionally you get a feedback survey right tell them you’ll F**k that up id say you do it. You’ll automatically get a call from your D3 if rating you give is less than 2. Go to the branch ( id say go to a bigger branch and ask for details they can’t deny that ). Take the fight to them it’ll eventually happen. 30 lakhs FD is no joke actually. Which city are you based out of ?
I can open even a 1 crore FD if they give me Infinia! I don’t think they connect bank deposit with credit card unless the amount is very high like say 50 crores and above. I am not going to go to such extreme lengths.

Well above is true if you are paying full price. Generally for cars we dont pay full price and there are discounts. I almost had got 4 lakhs discount on a newly launched car hence was not possible to pay by card.
For full priced cars - yes just refuse to pay any additional charges.

I can open even a 1 crore FD if they give me Infinia! I don’t think they connect bank deposit with credit card unless the amount is very high like say 50 crores and above. I am not going to go to such extreme lengths.
Why? Just walk in to any HDFC bank with 23 - 30 lakh IP cheque. Ask to talk to BM and watch multiple RMs fight out to hand you an infinia. Note that you should not have existing account with HDFC.

Yes. Even I find 55 CL questionable. Have only seen AMEX offering these kind of soft limits that too on plat charge. I think it would be 5.5 lakhs which makes sense for 20L deposit.

Back