• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Easiest way to get an Infinia Metal I've ever heard

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Freind of mine called me today, he is an entrepreneur, has a startup with friends making and installing electric car chargers ,never had a credit card till now ,went upto HDFC bank Lucknow branch few weeks back to open an account with a check of 20 Lakhs and told them only if he gets an Infinia LTF ,first they said we'll give you DCB LTF ,try for Infinia after you open the account but he wouldn't take any of it ,told them either give Infinia or he'll take his business to Axis people (who were offering him Magnus) ,so the HDFC people agreed and he got an Infinia FYF with 55 Lakhs limit

What makes me jealous is that I'm 31 and the best I've got is a Magnus with 5 Lakhs limit ,which is like my 15th card my 8 year credit card journey ,Infinia is something of a dream for me ,can't even get DCB from them ,all I've from HDFC is a measly Millennia with 1.16 Lakhs limit

And this guy is just 27 & this is his first card. 🙄

Thoughts ?

Last edited:
I think this depends on which bank official you talk to? I called my RM and told him I'll do 30 lakhs FD in your bank but I want upgrade from Regalia to Infinia. He said that it isn't possible, you need 8 lakh spends on your card or else he can't upgrade.
I said its not feasible for me because Regalia offers bad returns, other cards in my portfolio give me 4-5% back and regalia gives only 1%

He said his hands are tied and he cannot do anything else.

So hey, even offering business to hdfc didn't work for me

If i cancel my Millennia and wait for a few months can i ask my RM to get be DCB on card to card basis from my current Magnus with 5.1 lakhs limit ?

Anyone ?
don't do that.. . i would suggest.. rather than enjoy life.. and spend wisely.. cc world is dynamic some cc would take the crown from infinia and might keep the rein or would devalued our moto should not to chase.. them and let them chase us. just live your live. peacefully that more important and limit of 1.16 something you have long journey ahead.

I think this depends on which bank official you talk to? I called my RM and told him I'll do 30 lakhs FD in your bank but I want upgrade from Regalia to Infinia. He said that it isn't possible, you need 8 lakh spends on your card or else he can't upgrade.
I said its not feasible for me because Regalia offers bad returns, other cards in my portfolio give me 4-5% back and regalia gives only 1%

Infinia can be taken directly on 10L FD.

No strings attached.

I believe you have that much amount lying always 😜.

that true.. earlier with 50 lakhs FD would have got you infinia but HDFC stopped this and no amount of FD can get you Infinia LTF. only through some investment with already a HDFC imperia would work..

Infinia can be taken directly on 10L FD.

No strings attached.

I believe you have that much amount lying always 😜.

I also believe that, hence I contacted my RM but he is quite adamant about minimum 8 lakh spends on my existing card before he can process my upgrade request.
I contacted PNO of hdfc bank too but they also denied it. Tried visiting the HDFC branch and asking but they are clueless about what Infinia is. So I gave up because a credit card simply isn't worth putting this much effort into.

I usually put all my spends on my Amex Plat Travel untill 4 lakhs then Axis Vistara Signature afterwards because of better returns, i can put all my spends on Millennia in 2024 to try and get better leverage over hdfc ,try to get a better card with good limit from them but at this point it seems little hopeless, also I'll losing a lot on returns

Let ask you this if i cancel my Millennia and wait for a few months can i ask my RM to get be DCB on card to card basis from my current Magnus with 5.1 limit ?
Bhai kya karoge yar Infinia ka, you're getting 5-10% easily from your Plat Travel and Vistara Signature. Jisko dekho yahan Infinia Infinia karta rehta hai. Kuch nai rakha hai us card me

It's only because HDFC doesn't give this card very easily and people are dying for it. Shifting their spends to some shitty HDFC card for 6 months and even after that there's no guarantee that you'll get this card. There're other fishes in the sea bro.

Bhai kya karoge yar Infinia ka, you're getting 5-10% easily from your Plat Travel and Vistara Signature. Jisko dekho yahan Infinia Infinia karta rehta hai. Kuch nai rakha hai us card me

It's only because HDFC doesn't give this card very easily and people are dying for it. Shifting their spends to some shitty HDFC card for 6 months and even after that there's no guarantee that you'll get this card. There're other fishes in the sea bro.

Exactly. Base rewards of Infinia is 3.33% which is quite mediocre. Maybe with smartbuy, it can be pushed to 16% but thats it. There are lots of better cards available in the market. For simple base spends, even SBI Cashback offers 5% CB.

I don't see how Infinia is that great. Magnus for Burgundy is a better option than Infinia too!

Ask him to take a waiver on spend criteria. This can be done . Talk to your D3/D4 ( cluster/circle head )

You’re right on point . I am quite happy with Amex trifecta ( plat charge, gold charge and plat reserve ) and extracting max value. Infinia is just redundant with the cards I already hold. But just pushed and got it because of so called exclusivity nothing else.

Don't really think that would work. He isn't interested in helping at all. He is adamant on spend criteria.
Would skipping RM and talking directly to D3/D4 help? Also, how to get their contact details.
You can ask RM to F**k him/herself ( sorry for the language there ) . They don’t own HDFC. Occasionally you get a feedback survey right tell them you’ll F**k that up id say you do it. You’ll automatically get a call from your D3 if rating you give is less than 2. Go to the branch ( id say go to a bigger branch and ask for details they can’t deny that ). Take the fight to them it’ll eventually happen. 30 lakhs FD is no joke actually. Which city are you based out of ?

@Hisoka @SteelSh0t infinia is a great card just use at smartbuy buy Amazon Pay or Amazon Voucher as per need + Convenience Fees of 2.5% that 14.17% is great. amazon pay is accepted everywhere and upto 20K Amazon Pay Voucher can be brough each month and i have PVC Infinia and that i too and redeem either for apple or Amazon. even though would keep look out for 0.70 paisa per point for Amazon Pay Vocuher deal that stay for 3 Days or keep collecting point to redeem for something else. now Amex Plantium is too great and but when next year amex won't waive fees then? how many would counties then hdfc give Reward point in exchanges of fees paid. amex gold cc come very close in FYF and then amex won't waived fees anymore. amex MR point into cash i'm not aware how much is it. for infinia it 0.30 paisa.
Screenshot 2023-11-25 224115.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-25 224256.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-25 224256.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 38
Back