• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Easiest way to get an Infinia Metal I've ever heard

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Freind of mine called me today, he is an entrepreneur, has a startup with friends making and installing electric car chargers ,never had a credit card till now ,went upto HDFC bank Lucknow branch few weeks back to open an account with a check of 20 Lakhs and told them only if he gets an Infinia LTF ,first they said we'll give you DCB LTF ,try for Infinia after you open the account but he wouldn't take any of it ,told them either give Infinia or he'll take his business to Axis people (who were offering him Magnus) ,so the HDFC people agreed and he got an Infinia FYF with 55 Lakhs limit

What makes me jealous is that I'm 31 and the best I've got is a Magnus with 5 Lakhs limit ,which is like my 15th card my 8 year credit card journey ,Infinia is something of a dream for me ,can't even get DCB from them ,all I've from HDFC is a measly Millennia with 1.16 Lakhs limit

And this guy is just 27 & this is his first card. 🙄

Thoughts ?

Last edited:
I think this depends on which bank official you talk to? I called my RM and told him I'll do 30 lakhs FD in your bank but I want upgrade from Regalia to Infinia. He said that it isn't possible, you need 8 lakh spends on your card or else he can't upgrade.
I said its not feasible for me because Regalia offers bad returns, other cards in my portfolio give me 4-5% back and regalia gives only 1%

He said his hands are tied and he cannot do anything else.

So hey, even offering business to hdfc didn't work for me
Did he say 8 lakhs total spend in the year? My RM told me at least 7 lakhs spend in 6 months. If you have that on existing card, you can apply for Infinia upgrade.

Freind of mine called me today, he is an entrepreneur, has a startup with friends making and installing electric car chargers ,never had a credit card till now ,went upto HDFC bank Lucknow branch few weeks back to open an account with a check of 20 Lakhs and told them only if he gets an Infinia LTF ,first they said we'll give you DCB LTF ,try for Infinia after you open the account but he wouldn't take any of it ,told them either give Infinia or he'll take his business to Axis people (who were offering him Magnus) ,so the HDFC people agreed and he got an Infinia FYF with 55 Lakhs limit

What makes me jealous is that I'm 31 and the best I've got is a Magnus with 5 Lakhs limit ,which is like my 15th card my 8 year credit card journey ,Infinia is something of a dream for me ,can't even get DCB from them ,all I've from HDFC is a measly Millennia with 1.16 Lakhs limit

And this guy is just 27 & this is his first card. 🙄

Thoughts ?
I didn't find this very special case. You have money you can go to any bank and can ask for the top premium card :) easily. Even if you don't want to take that route open any premium account with them with 10 Lakh check they can easily help you to get these cards.

Infinia is not a big deal if you have good money in hand and its ideal to check with banks.
If he have an active 20 Lakh in account or ideal? I am shocked as he may be just started the journey. I put all my money in Stocks, Mutual. 2-3% Cash or ideal money>

Being an entrepreneur myself

thanks for sharing

Last edited:
I didn't find this very special case. You have money you can go to any bank and can ask for the top premium card :) easy. even if you don't want to take that route open any premium account with them with 10 Lakh check they can easily help you to get these cards.

Infinia is not a big deal if you got good money in hand and its ideal to check with banks.
If he has active 20 Lakh in account or ideal ? I am shocked as he must started the journey. I put all money in Stocks, Mutual. 2-3% Cash or ideal money>

thanks for sharing
That 20 lakh is operating revenue which he intends to use to pay employees salary ,business expenses, etc ,so not his personal money to invest or anything

However you're right about the first part ,if you can wave enough money under their noses ,they'll give you anything they can

That 20 lakh is operating revenue which he intends to use to pay employees salary ,business expenses, etc ,so not his personal money to invest or anything

However you're right about the first part ,if you can wave enough money under their noses ,they'll give you anything they can
There we go :) I was thinking the same he must have venture money or initial investment money or Revenue that could be paid further. When he takes out money from the company it becomes personal money. He is liable to pay back to his own company. When filing ITR we add this as a personal expense.

yes true its good he got 55 lakh limit that's insane. Even US credit cards don't give 55 Lakh in one short.

I didn't find this very special case. You have money you can go to any bank and can ask for the top premium card :) easy. even if you don't want to take that route open any premium account with them with 10 Lakh check they can easily help you to get these cards.

Infinia is not a big deal if you got good money in hand and its ideal to check with banks.
If he has active 20 Lakh in account or ideal ? I am shocked as he must started the journey. I put all money in Stocks, Mutual. 2-3% Cash or ideal money>

thanks for sharing
Even I invest in stocks + mutual funds. And even after playing it safe in investment, the returns are way better than savings accounts/FD.
The returns from investments is way better than the "rewards" you get on premium cards + interests on savings account+FDs.

I can never qualify for premium cards based on "money in the bank", or based on "spend 8L in 6months". Only luck/ a generous employee can get me a premium card, otherwise LTF for life.
There are LTF/590PY cards that easily gives 2-5% on amazon gift card, 5% real-cashback on utility bills etc, and I prefer buying flight tickets on paytm/MMT using different cards to get 10-15% discounts (smartbuy price is costlier in lots of cases than Paytm/MMT, and you can't apply other discounts).

so, not sure about the value add of premium cards for "investors" 😅😅

i gone to bank and one of the credit card team member told that 12500 reward point is not given .. so is it confirmed ?
infinia s invite only cc and here the fees structure

INFINIA Metal Edition

• Joining/Renewal Membership Fee – Rs. 12,500 + Applicable Taxes. Click here to view details of HDFC Bank Infinia Metal Edition Fees and Charges
  • Enjoy Welcome and Renewal benefit of 12,500 reward points* upon fee realisation and card activation
  • Spend 10 lakhs or more in the preceding 12 months and get renewal membership fee waived off for next year.

Even I invest in stocks + mutual funds. And even after playing it safe in investment, the returns are way better than savings accounts/FD.
The returns from investments is way better than the "rewards" you get on premium cards + interests on savings account+FDs.

I can never qualify for premium cards based on "money in the bank", or based on "spend 8L in 6months". Only luck/ a generous employee can get me a premium card, otherwise LTF for life.
There are LTF/590PY cards that easily gives 2-5% on amazon gift card, 5% real-cashback on utility bills etc, and I prefer buying flight tickets on paytm/MMT using different cards to get 10-15% discounts (smartbuy price is costlier in lots of cases than Paytm/MMT, and you can't apply other discounts).

Same thought as mine 💯%

This is true for me as well, most of my spends are on MMT using a mix bunch of basic cards which give me most discount and/or CB ,indigo is usually the cheapest and most convenient ,and for hotels i tend to find nice but non branded properties for reasonable prices everywhere i go ,

I keep some money in my account for expenditure and some savings but most of what is left goes to my dad who invests it(He's good at that ,I've very little, would learn more in time)

Totally. My thought with credit card is try to use as much as rewards points and don't pay heavy taxes. try to reduce spending money
I like credit card but investment is always at the top.

Not unusual. You can try the same or spend 8 lakh on millenia (i know its difficult) and you will get invite to infinia.

2 years ago I was not even tracking or trying for infinia as I had OG regalia (not the current dewatered and devalued one). Was forced to spend 15 lakh on regalia (as car loan disbursement was stuck) and got invited for infinia next month.
You purchased car using credit card? Do they accept?

Back