• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Easiest way to get an Infinia Metal I've ever heard

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Freind of mine called me today, he is an entrepreneur, has a startup with friends making and installing electric car chargers ,never had a credit card till now ,went upto HDFC bank Lucknow branch few weeks back to open an account with a check of 20 Lakhs and told them only if he gets an Infinia LTF ,first they said we'll give you DCB LTF ,try for Infinia after you open the account but he wouldn't take any of it ,told them either give Infinia or he'll take his business to Axis people (who were offering him Magnus) ,so the HDFC people agreed and he got an Infinia FYF with 55 Lakhs limit

What makes me jealous is that I'm 31 and the best I've got is a Magnus with 5 Lakhs limit ,which is like my 15th card my 8 year credit card journey ,Infinia is something of a dream for me ,can't even get DCB from them ,all I've from HDFC is a measly Millennia with 1.16 Lakhs limit

And this guy is just 27 & this is his first card. 🙄

Thoughts ?

Last edited:
@Hisoka @SteelSh0t infinia is a great card just use at smartbuy buy Amazon Pay or Amazon Voucher as per need + Convenience Fees of 2.5% that 14.17% is great. amazon pay is accepted everywhere and upto 20K Amazon Pay Voucher can be brough each month and i have PVC Infinia and that i too and redeem either for apple or Amazon. even though would keep look out for 0.70 paisa per point for Amazon Pay Vocuher deal that stay for 3 Days or keep collecting point to redeem for something else. now Amex Plantium is too great and but when next year amex won't waive fees then? how many would counties then hdfc give Reward point in exchanges of fees paid. amex gold cc come very close in FYF and then amex won't waived fees anymore. amex MR point into cash i'm not aware how much is it. for infinia it 0.30 paisa.
View attachment 35688
You’re right actually . Fee waiver isn’t possible with Amex but if one can burn that cash it’s a best platform to be on . I’m having a great experience so far with Amex trifecta.

how to reach out to higher officials, like Divisional Head, etc, who can approve Infinia upgrade in case branch manager/RM is not helping.
If you have a branch banking relationship the only person who can approve infinia for you is the branch banking head ( BBH ) who’s a single guy for a state. Above BBH is the group head who is almost impossible to reach. Visit your branch and ask for their e-mail ids / appointments. They can’t deny that.

Another easy way to get Infinia(for salaried people):

[1] Have a TC of 36+ LPA and know some HDFC guy higher up the chain, or
[2] Have a TC of 48 LPA and just ask for Infinia

Your friend needed to invest in 20 lakh while opening bank account. HDFC knows he'll park a huge sum of money(since company turnover is in crores) in future with the bank, which the bank will invest elsewhere internally .. so the Infinia giveaway would be worth it.

I label the above TC approach as easy because you just need to earn the TC to get Infinia. No requesting anyone on repeat, no force spending of 5-10 lakhs on existing cards to get probable invite.

Of course, very few in India get the TC .. hence the exclusivity of the card(so far).

Another easy way to get Infinia(for salaried people):

[1] Have a TC of 36+ LPA and know some HDFC guy higher up the chain, or
[2] Have a TC of 48 LPA and just ask for Infinia

Your friend needed to invest in 20 lakh while opening bank account. HDFC knows he'll park a huge sum of money(since company turnover is in crores) in future with the bank, which the bank will invest elsewhere internally .. so the Infinia giveaway would be worth it.

I label the above TC approach as easy because you just need to earn the TC to get Infinia. No requesting anyone on repeat, no force spending of 5-10 lakhs on existing cards to get probable invite.

Of course, very few in India get the TC .. hence the exclusivity of the card(so far).
What is TC?

Actually in my opinion Infinia is a good card , but it's no where close to Good Old days Magnus.
Infinia can not be an alternative to Magnus or Burgundy magnus for high spends.
The fact that accelerated rewards whether it be 16% is limited to just 15k a month
Where Magnus used to provide uncapped accelerated points.
You can yield good rewards from Infinia only if your spends are in specific categories or you are spending strategically or via Manufactured spends.
You can't randomly swipe it across merchants for high value purchases like BM to get uncapped accelerated points above 1.5 lakhs in a month.

DCB Metal is almost at par with Infinia , the difference of 5k accelerated points is somewhat compensated with 10k quarterly bonuses, the fees and waiver is lower than Infinia and provides almost all non spend based benefits except unlimited golf.

I just feel CC Enthusiasts have been giving and are still giving a lot more importance to Infinia than what it deserves where as, it is the points of Magnus/Reserve that they are still burning , only good redemptions that I see and people gives examples on Infinia are either those Apple products or Tanishq jewellery for which I don't think it matters to almost 70-80% of the population as those are mostly luxury products where anyways people generally overspend a bit

You can ask RM to F**k him/herself ( sorry for the language there ) . They don’t own HDFC. Occasionally you get a feedback survey right tell them you’ll F**k that up id say you do it. You’ll automatically get a call from your D3 if rating you give is less than 2. Go to the branch ( id say go to a bigger branch and ask for details they can’t deny that ). Take the fight to them it’ll eventually happen. 30 lakhs FD is no joke actually. Which city are you based out of ?
Im from Kolkata

Actually in my opinion Infinia is a good card , but it's no where close to Good Old days Magnus.
Infinia can not be an alternative to Magnus or Burgundy magnus for high spends.
The fact that accelerated rewards whether it be 16% is limited to just 15k a month
Where Magnus used to provide uncapped accelerated points.
You can yield good rewards from Infinia only if your spends are in specific categories or you are spending strategically or via Manufactured spends.
You can't randomly swipe it across merchants for high value purchases like BM to get uncapped accelerated points above 1.5 lakhs in a month.

DCB Metal is almost at par with Infinia , the difference of 5k accelerated points is somewhat compensated with 10k quarterly bonuses, the fees and waiver is lower than Infinia and provides almost all non spend based benefits except unlimited golf.

I just feel CC Enthusiasts have been giving and are still giving a lot more importance to Infinia than what it deserves where as, it is the points of Magnus/Reserve that they are still burning , only good redemptions that I see and people gives examples on Infinia are either those Apple products or Tanishq jewellery for which I don't think it matters to almost 70-80% of the population as those are mostly luxury products where anyways people generally overspend a bit
Infinia is no where close to Good Old days Infinia 😂😂

Could you please share which branch did this? I have kept 50 lakhs plus for a long time and they haven’t even issued a Milennia.
Rm /bm runs for new money. Existing money they don't care that much. Take it out temporarily until it's their year end/ other target. That time they will offer their best. or shift to another branch with pre conditions.

Well dont think like that. HDFC or for that matter any bank will only care if you periodically poke them with threat of taking business away. Also Infinia or for that matter any cc is not an achievement. Its just another card which you can use to maximize rewards. Remember once HDFC launches Infinia Reserve or whatever they will call it.. everyone will run for it and Infinia will become regalia. Earlier regalia was considered top most before they launched Infinia. Now regalia has very less value (unless its Regalia Gold). Same with Magnus - now everyone is running after Magnus for Burgundy.
Completely agree. This will carry on always. There will always be a new better card launched that people will desire.

This. THIS is the motivation I needed. I am in talks with Kotak Sales Rep to move my current account banking to Kotak Privy Plat with 15L IP. I am going to Push for White Reserve, I asked but he denied saying can't do (only can to White LTF). But after going through your friend's experience, I will push more now.
Thanks dude.
Dude I got a black account with 15 IP, push harder. Tell them you’ll give some corporate banking relationship at the company you work.

Back