• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Effective Method/Channel to Apply for HDFC Credit Card

rogerthat

TF Ace
Hi All,

What do you think seems to be the most effective way to get a HDFC credit card approved for someone who does not have one?
  1. Applying through the online channel (netbanking)
  2. Dedicated credit card staff at the bank
  3. RM/BM (though I don't wanna go that route)
  4. Grievance Redressal email channel
What was the best one that worked out for you? I currently do not have a HDFC credit card as I had closed Regalia Gold 5.5 months ago. I have a Preferred Salary account and some FDs. I have not checked for any pre-approved offers (I am sure there's none) because I remember some members saying if you as much as check for offers you cannot apply for another 3/6/12 months. I tried @SSV method of checking for pre-approved cards but the URLs and the offer page always seem to be generic.

Thanks!

Applying through the online channel (netbanking) - easiest, works best with pre approved offers, will never get Top 3 Cards(Reg Gold, DCB, Infinia) LTF

Dedicated credit card staff at the bank - best route if no pre approved offers, but getting good cards and LTF bit difficult

RM/BM (though you don't want to go that route) - Best route to get Top 3 cards and LTF as they can get approvals/deviations, but need good relationship or negotiations

Grievance Redressal email channel - hit and miss, would only suggest if one of the above channels don't work

Last edited:
Back