• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Faced the consequences of card closure LTF trick in HDFC

Anil_Singh

TF Ace
Let me make it clear, HDFC do not call before card closure. Only a few get calls, not everyone. If you are not lucky, you will get sms regarding closure first then email follows. Just call customer care and get it reversed asap. I closed my tata neu few days ago (already ltf, really wanted to close it). Received same email after placing closure request, no call afterwards. Direct closure intimation.

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Now days, People hold more than 1 card for offers and all. Even 5 to 10 cards. I have 23 cards from almost all banks. mostly LTF. Its not possible to use all cards and waive off the annual fees for each and every card. I personally used this trick and made my Millenia LTF in last month.
I also have around 25 cards and most are LTF. However, I have no issues with paying the fee if I am unable to meet the spend waiver.

rogerthat

TF Ace
Let me make it clear, HDFC do not call before card closure. Only a few get calls, not everyone. If you are not lucky, you will get sms regarding closure first then email follows. Just call customer care and get it reversed asap. I closed my tata neu few days ago (already ltf, really wanted to close it). Received same email after placing closure request, no call afterwards. Direct closure intimation.
But why did you want to close a LTF card? Also, isn't it beneficial for UPI?

I am planning to raise a LTF or atleast fee waiver request for Tata Neu Infinity card when it comes for renewal in May. My spends arent great on it, would've spent only around 50k in a year mostly only UPI transactions and Big Basket.

abhiver

TF Premier
Screenshot_20240204_023507_Gmail.jpg
I got the paid millennia hdfc card 3 months ago and after reading some users trick on this forum, I raised the request for card closure, I went ahead and mailed them to close my card as soon as possible if you are not making it ltf. But the opposite happened, they took my words seriously and without any confirmation or call or sms, they disabled my card completely.

Please help 🙏 any way to get it back it ? After waiting for 1 year and 4 months, I got this millennia card pre-approved through internet banking. I'm completely locked out😢 My 1500 amazon voucher is about to deliver this month
Simply call a customer care and request them to lift the temperory block and cancel the cancellation request. You have 7 days to reconsider your decision.

Or else wait for 6 month and retry for new card. Or get this card in the name of your family member.

deep@vie

TF Legend
@jaithalal Wait for a call then, try to negotiate first, if he/she won't agree to provide LTF (possibility, coz of 3 months usage). Then, lastly ask to unblock the card by saying I am withdrawing my decision to cancel permanently.

If you don't receive the call, within reasonable time, then contact customer support by yourself and ask for reactivation.
He won't receive a call now. That time has passed.
Now he has to contact them.

Last edited:

deep@vie

TF Legend
It's mentioned that you will receive a call from the bank shorty that's why.

Also, cancelled card can be reactivated again, can't it?
Once cancelled, can't be received but cancellation takes few days,during that period card remains in blocked stage, during that time cancellation request can be withdrawn.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Screenshot_20240204_023507_Gmail.jpg
I got the paid millennia hdfc card 3 months ago and after reading some users trick on this forum, I raised the request for card closure, I went ahead and mailed them to close my card as soon as possible if you are not making it ltf. But the opposite happened, they took my words seriously and without any confirmation or call or sms, they disabled my card completely.

Please help 🙏 any way to get it back it ? After waiting for 1 year and 4 months, I got this millennia card pre-approved through internet banking. I'm completely locked out😢 My 1500 amazon voucher is about to deliver this month
chill.. its a credit card.. there are others and there will be more.. dont lose sleep over it..1-2% annually for average spending won't change your life.. move ahead

#aniket

TF Ace
Yeh kehne pe kaun hi karega call wapas😂
View this one 1st 😂
He won't receive a call now. That time has passed.
Now he has to contact them.
Yep, that's why suggested to contact and ask.
Yes, it feels awkward and may be this behaviour can be recorded by the bank, but you have left with this option only if you want that card. Also, it would have been better to contact directly through phone call to make it fast and furious.

Keep us posted about the update.
Already said to do so.

TF Ace
TF Family
Screenshot_20240204_152739_Gallery.jpg
Yes, this is the mail i wrote to them after failing in the 1st attempt 2 days ago. In the first mail, they were talking about the terms and conditions only.
I don't think you will get a call after what you wrote here. Citing that RBI rule and "All bills have been paid already and no further transaction has been done", you don't say that if you need a retention offer imo.

Anyway even if the card is closed, it's not the end of the world. You can re-apply in 6 months. Let this be a learning and maybe ask in the forum before you proceed with such requests! :)