• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Got an ICICI Emeralde card, limit: 17k. The existing ICICI card Limit: 6.8L. How to LE the Emeralde?

abhikbose

TF Buzz
I recently got a Paid Emralde (plastic) upgrade in internet banking. Despite the negative reviews, I opted for it as I frequently fly and use the lounge (I will use the spa in future, too). I have a few existing ICICI credit cards. The maximum one is an LTF Saphirro (under alumni offer) with a 6.8 lakh limit. The new Emralde is issued with a limit of 17k only; I am not sure why! Following is my relationship with ICICI.

1. Have a wealth management savings account. [I previously had a Gold privileged account, which they upgraded to wealth management]
2. Total relationship value with ICICI is approximately six lakhs.
3. CIBIL: 792
4. Other ICICI Card limit: Max limit is 6.8 Lakh
5. Previous spending on ICICI cards: 2-5 lakhs in a year for the last 5 years
6. Previously used to get continuous LE after every 6 months from ICICI.
7. Total income from salary: No taxable income

I have tried the following to get the Emralde limit enhanced.

1. Written to wealthmanagement@icicibank.com. They replied that credit card limit enhancement is a sensitive issue that can't be handled over email.
2. Called the customer care, and they said no credit enhancement offer is available
3. Talked with the deputy branch manager of my home branch (Powai, Mumbai). Apparently, she also has no clue.

At present, I can't get HDFC Infinia or anything (considering no taxable income), and I want a card with lots of airport lounge access. So, this is my choice. I often buy international flight tickets using the ICICI Saphirro. This Emralde gives a 1% reward, which is very poor but better than 0.5% of the Saphirro. So, I need a limit enhancement on the Emeralde.

Any help and hacks to get a limit enhancement of the Emralde will be helpful. Also, any idea why they are offering me an upgraded card with a 17k limit when I have an existing card with a 6.8L limit?

Solution
Online only. In Internet banking, there was an option to apply for a new preapproved credit card titled "Get a feature-packed ICICI Bank Credit Card on the fly.". I applied, and it redirected me to a fresh credit card application at https://buy.icicibank.com/. The upgrades for Emerealde and HPCL were done using the same screen you have shown in the screenshot.
Here are my observations:

1) Because you had never submitted any income doc, there was no recorded income against which they can provide you a decent CL.
2)They gave you LE, basis your spending pattern and timely payment.
3) this process had maxed out the LE iteration because you are over utilising their CCs.
4) you had consumed many times 90% of your given CL at...
Get AmazonPay card and get 5% return on flights.
That's a good option. I do have AmazonPay ICICI. I will do this in future if Amazon's price after the discount is lower than MMT, etc., with the ICICI offer (which is not the case sometimes, and MMT, etc., doesn't allow ICICI discounts on AmazonPay ICICI cards). Still, getting the Emeralde limit enhanced as a backup is better.

I recently got a Paid Emralde (plastic) upgrade in internet banking. Despite the negative reviews, I opted for it as I frequently fly and use the lounge (I will use the spa in future, too). I have a few existing ICICI credit cards. The maximum one is an LTF Saphirro (under alumni offer) with a 6.8 lakh limit. The new Emralde is issued with a limit of 17k only; I am not sure why! Following is my relationship with ICICI.

1. Have a wealth management savings account. [I previously had a Gold privileged account, which they upgraded to wealth management]

1. Written to wealthmanagement@icicibank.com. They replied that credit card limit enhancement is a sensitive issue that can't be handled over email.
2. Called the customer care, and they said no credit enhancement offer is available
3. Talked with the deputy branch manager of my home branch (Powai, Mumbai). Apparently, she also has no clue.

At present, I can't get HDFC Infinia or anything (considering no taxable income), and I want a card with lots of airport lounge access. So, this is my choice. I often buy international flight tickets using the ICICI Saphirro. This Emralde gives a 1% reward, which is very poor but better than 0.5% of the Saphirro. So, I need a limit enhancement on the Emeralde.

Any help and hacks to get a limit enhancement of the Emralde will be helpful. Also, any idea why they are offering me an upgraded card with a 17k limit when I have an existing card with a 6.8L limit?
What are your other bank credit cards?? so that users can suggest maximize the returns on Flights?

What are your other bank credit cards?? so that users can suggest maximize the returns on Flights?
I opted for cards from many banks. Following is what I have.

ICICI: Emeralde, Sapphire, Corel, HPCL and AmazonPay, HDFC: Swiggy and Millenia, Yes: Marquee, SBI Elite, Federel Celestra, Kotak Rupay, AU LIT, and some variants from IDFC, IndusInd, and AXIS and a few Niyo type app cards.

I am trying to optimize spending over the following categories.

1. Flight booking: I use whatever gives a better offer
2. International spending: Marquee
3. Medicine HDFC Swiggy
4. Amazon Flipkart: Millenia till 1 lakh spend then AmazonPay ICICI for Amazon, Swiggy HDFC for Flipkart
5. Utility and Grocery: 2k per month using the HPCL, then whatever gives a good offer
6. Other online spending: Mostly Marquee
7. Offline spend: Mostly Marquee
8. Fuel: HPCL

Any help in optimizing spending is always beneficial. In this thread, I am really seeking to increase my Emrealde limit.

Clearly an example of I love you but as a friend :censored::censored:
anyway congratsss

Why are you using ICICI cards to book air tickets? Isn't Yes Marquee a better option? It also provides instant discount on platforms like goibibo on certain days

Check in ICICI app whether limit is correct or not. There is option in app to set/control Limit to some % instead of 100%. May be your new card is having some % set.

That's the most bonkers thing I've heard in a while....
The ICICI supremo card with limit equivalent to it's fee 🤣🤣
Check your imobile... It must be an error 🤣🤣

• Hehe
Reactions: BVC
most probably it isnt an error. the things is limit is per bank and not per card. each banks sets a limit you can have with them so if you have 4 cards limits is shared for each. what you can ask the customer care or your rm is to rebalance the limit of the cards.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-05 at 10.41.12 AM.webp
    Screenshot 2024-09-05 at 10.41.12 AM.webp
    73.7 KB · Views: 17
Check in ICICI app whether limit is correct or not. There is option in app to set/control Limit to some % instead of 100%. May be your new card is having some % set.
I checked it in iMobile and Internet banking as well as confirmed it from customer care. The maximum allowed limit on the Emeralde card is 17k only!

It's bizarre. As advised by members here, check manage limit tab in iMobile if there is any issue.

If not, escalate it to ICICI top management telling about your issue and also attach your current Emerald limit and your other ICICI card limit statement. Tell them to give Emerald same limit as your other ICICI cards.

I also took Emerald but it got same limit as my other existing ICICI cards.

Back