• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Got SBI Cashback Card, Finally!!!

desiviru

TF Ace
Finally, my wait got over and got Cashback card approved by most arrogant bank i.e SBI.

Story: I am already holding SBI SimplyClick card with 3L limit.

Recently in June, I applied for Cashback Card through YONO and instantly rejected by SBI for over leverage as reason (confirmed by CC and Branch). I had a wait period of 90 days now and waiting for time to get over till Sept, 2024.

But today, I opened Internet Banking and a banner was there to apply for credit card. I thought it may be pre-approved.

1. Visited link and selected Cashback Card.

2. Next Page they asked to select savings account. It took me to SBI sprint.

3. After providing, personal details and professional and feeding all other data except referral code which I forgot to use. There was option at page to enter refer code. I saw it yet forgot to put before proceeding. Had two refer code from Father and Brother's SBI Card app but hapiness of able to apply before 90 days overwhelmed me. :ROFLMAO:

4. At KYC page via Digilocker, it stucked. But application number was generated by now.

5. Went to SBI Cards and resumed application. KYC Data fecthed with Digilocker as Aadhaar was only required by them. Uploaded Photo.

6. Now they processed the application and shown limit of Rs.80000 only (1 Lakh would have been good but already have credit cards worth 18 Lakh limit) and maybe SBI simply click one also factored in. So proceeded.

7. Submitted application and got card instantly starting with bin 4799 59. Physical will be delivered in 3-7 days.

8. Registred the card on SBI Card app and later used SBI card website for pin and per txn settings.

I had been waiting for it from long time. Already having HDFC Millennia but it has 1K max. cashback, Now with cashback card, atleast 4K per month max. is there.

Only Regret: As forgot to put Referral code while application, I think Rs.500x2 for referer and referee are lost now.

So if you are among those who are on 90 days wait period, try to apply directly at Sprint or via Netbanking.

Last edited:
Yeh to balatkar huyi..... Sorry tongue 😝 slip in emotion... Chamatkar huyi.
Happy Go On GIF by Molang

Last edited:
Finally, my wait got over and got my SBI Cashback card approved by most arrogant bank i.e SBI.

Recently in June, I applied for Cashback Card through YONO and instantly rejected by SBI for over leverage as reason (confirmed by CC and Branch). I had a wait period of 90 days now and waiting for time to get over till Sept, 2024.

But today, I opened Internet Banking and a banner was there to apply for credit card. I thought it may be pre-approved.

3. After providing, personal details and professional and feeding all other data except referral code which I forgot to use. There was option at page to enter refer code. I saw it yet forgot to put before proceeding. Had two refer code from Father and Brother's SBI Card app but hapiness of able to apply before 90 days overwhelmed me. :ROFLMAO:

4. At KYC page via Digilocker, it stucked. But application number was generated by now.

5. Went to SBI Cards and resumed application. KYC Data fecthed with Digilocker as Aadhaar was only required by them. Uploaded Photo.

6. Now they processed the application and shows limit of Rs.80000 only (1 Lakh would have been good but already have credit cards worth 18 Lakh limit) and maybe SBI simply click one also factored in. So proceeded.

7. Submitted application and got card instantly starting with bin 4799 59. Physical will be delivered in 3-7 days.

8. Registred the card on SBI Card app and later used website.

I had been waiting for it from long time. Already having HDFC Millennia but it has 1K max. cashback, Now with cashback card, atleast 4K per month max. is there.

Only Regret: As forgot to put Referral code while application, I think Rs.500x2 for referer and referee are lost now.

So if you are among those who are on 90 days wait period, try to apply directly at Sprint or via Netbanking.
How much income did you fill ?

Mine was approved only 20k

Yeh to balatkar huyi..... Sorry tongue 😝 slip in emotion... Chamatkar huyi.
SBI will be happy to have a customer again who was generous enough not to put referral code. So your first line mistake is right on spot. Sach mein huyi balatkar mind ke mere, jab 1000 ka loss dekha. Woh bhi 1 hour baad screenshot mein dekha ki code toh khali shod diya. hahaha Joining Fee of 1178.82 would have reduced to 178.82.

After applying they shown an offer of transacting 1000 min. till Aug 16, 2024 to get 100. So anyone confirm if we don't use refer can we still get 500 Amazon voucher for new card by transacting for 500 and above. Because while applying for Simplyclick, they promised 500 but I didn't got any voucher.

How much income did you fill ?

Mine was approved only 20k
They already had my income details which were auto-fetched but gave option to edit everything. I corrected it in April to 10.7L in Yono as per FY23-24 income. So continued with it. SBI having my FDs also with 25+L in same cust ID. I always provide true details to banks. While giving credit limit, they don't only analyze income but also all other parameters like customer relationship with bank and whether customer maintains good health of accounts. CIBIL data and many other small things.

They already had my income details which were auto-fetched but gave option to edit everything. I corrected it in April to 10.7L in Yono as per FY23-24 income. So continued with it. SBI having my FDs also with 25+L in same cust ID. I always provide true details to banks. While giving credit limit, they don't only analyze income but also all other parameters like customer relationship with bank and whether customer maintains good health of accounts. CIBIL data and many other small things.

This is the first time I am reading that someone got SBI Card based on his relationship with SBI bank through savings account and FD. It has been discussed here that SBI and SBI Cards are different entities and will not help to get any SBI card.

This is the first time I am reading that someone got SBI Card based on his relationship with SBI bank through savings account and FD. It has been discussed here that SBI and SBI Cards are different entities and will not help to get any SBI card.
I am not saying, I;ve got this limit only because of it. I am assuming that for 80K limit, it can be a reason. While application was processing from 1 to 100%, there was things like analyzing profile data, then CIBIL data, analyzing KYC data and so and so and after 100% it shown 80000 limit. I thought maybe my profile is weak but here I come to know that this is much better.

Finally, my wait got over and got Cashback card approved by most arrogant bank i.e SBI.

6. Now they processed the application and shows limit of Rs.80000 only (1 Lakh would have been good but already have credit cards worth 18 Lakh limit) and maybe SBI simply click one also factored in. So proceeded.

Fees pay karo, app se closure request dalo.

2 din me call aayega, reversal kar denge fees

Badhai ho apko, aapne sher ke muh se nivala nikala hai.
Bhai fir year ke 2 lac kr loge spend to get fee waiver ? Are there such spends with you where our other cards don't work to give cashback // discounts // reward points.

Congratulations 🍾
Its time to make best out of it since ur patience got tested

I too see a banner in my netbanking. I already have 2 core cards from SBI, SimplyClick and Titanium. Planning to get 3rd card as co-branded, may be HPCL basic card with 250 fee.

Also have 2 Add on cards for both my primary. Will SBI consider the ADD on card also in count.

What are the chances of approval for 3rd card. Dont want to waste a cibil hit ;)

Badhai ho apko, aapne sher ke muh se nivala nikala hai.
Bhai fir year ke 2 lac kr loge spend to get fee waiver ? Are there such spends with you where our other cards don't work to give cashback // discounts // reward points.
Bhai most of cards I have are now LTF or convereted to LTF like last year MIllennia CC automatically converted to LTF by HDFC. ICICI Dual Sapphiro was already offered LTF in 2020. So as per spends yearly, I will recover this 1178. Although 2 lakh will not be possible as will use other cards too. But fee is manageable. For this 24K enough to recover cost. I will be able to do upto 1L from this card. Ins. Policies + Bills and other spends.

Will close my Simplyclick now. Anyone who can convince me to keep it beside the 3.2L limit I have it? lol

@D₹V Bro, Have got it after long wait. Won't do such stuff. Where it is genuine matter, I take back even Rs.1 from banks but not this way but good to know that such kind of forced waiver exists. Par fir bhi pata lagey woh close hi kar de toh? :ROFLMAO:

Bhai most of cards I have are now LTF or convereted to LTF like last year MIllennia CC automatically converted to LTF by HDFC. ICICI Dual Sapphiro was already offered LTF in 2020. So as per spends yearly, I will recover this 1178. Although 2 lakh will not be possible as will use other cards too. But fee is manageable. For this 24K enough to recover cost. I will be able to do upto 1L from this card. Ins. Policies + Bills and other spends.

Will close my Simplyclick now. Anyone who can convince me to keep it beside the 3.2L limit I have it? lol

@D₹V Bro, Have got it after long wait. Won't do such stuff. Where it is genuine matter, I take back even Rs.1 from banks but not this way but good to know that such kind of forced waiver exists. Par fir bhi pata lagey woh close hi kar de toh? :ROFLMAO:
I think you are able to transfer limits, if i'm not wrong.

As you have 3L limit on your Simply click, you can call customer care and ask them to transfer part of that limit to your cashback card. That is if you are planning to spend more through the cashback card...

Bhai iska main use bata de kese krenge - for spends u told - Ins. Policies + Bills and other spends.
me bhi rotation nhi krna chahta. jese millenia debit card ka btaya tha vese btana.

I too see a banner in my netbanking. I already have 2 core cards from SBI, SimplyClick and Titanium. Planning to get 3rd card as co-branded, may be HPCL basic card with 250 fee.

Also have 2 Add on cards for both my primary. Will SBI consider the ADD on card also in count.

What are the chances of approval for 3rd card. Dont want to waste a cibil hit ;)
Chances with SBI are very less. My second card approved after 2-3 rejections. Don't worry much about CIBIL if it is above 770 currently. But they may offer low limit as you already have 2 cards although I am not sure whether they factor old cards or not. Till now I was thinking my rejection is due to already having good limit core card with them. But later confirmed that it is due to over-leveraging.

Back