• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Got SBI Cashback Instantly

cowcoconut

TF Premier
Hey,
I had previously applied for sbi cashback and the agent kept calling me to verify and kept failing. Random calls etc. kept happening for a month and they rejected my card. I finally gave up and then got the hdfc swiggy card. Now today when I logged into internet banking, it showed that I'm eligible for pre approved credit cards, SBI cashback was one of them. I clicked apply and filled the form today afternoon.
Today evening itself I got the confirmation that my card is dispatched and also got a virtual card right away.
At first I thought I got scammed or something, but I checked and it was real. That was the fastest credit card application of my life.

EDIT: Some additional info:
This time, when I applied from the netbanking page, there was no KYC calls/video etc. There was a CIBIL enquiry though.
I have an RD with SBI. Have no prior SBI credit card. CIBIL Score was 789 at the time.

This is what it looked like in the netbanking page:
OGn4FUW.webp

Last edited:
Is there 5% cashback for international spend too?
I need rupay for offline payments and if they give 1% cashback in UPI transaction,then it will be bonus but I doubt it will happen.
May be they will give 1% in UPI payments of only above 2k.
And also for me with UPI transaction,it will be easier to reach the spending milestones of 2 lakh as my spending is not that high without those instant discount offers
Hey I just booked a hotel in Malaysia and I got 5% cashback. It's a good way to offset the 4% forex fee you have to pay.
And I think as far as entry level cards are concerned, sbi cashback is pretty good for international online spends. (better than those 0 forex markup cards with ~0.5 reward rates).

Will check if it works on Grab once I go to the trip. If so 90% of my use cases in south east asia are covered :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I think you should go for the visa variant only. You can get so many other cards that give UPI cashback.

Last edited:
I didn't read the welcome gift part, was too excited about getting cashback. Can someone else who got a card through netbanking share what the welcome gift was?
I haven't paid my first statement and I haven't got any gifts so far.
There was no welcome gift. And for me payment through auto debit was mandatory, it wasn't proceeding further without it. But as it was a salary account I was fine with it. Surprisingly payment through HDFC bill portal or Sbi unipay not happening, not sure if it is due to auto debit acceptance. Will wait for statement generation and try again.

I got only 20K. Not sure the reason but could be due to having an SBI Simply click which has a higher limit.

Yes, verification call where they will ask us to confirm all the details which we entered in the application and explain about card features.
Damn, the SBI agent has been trying to reach me through phone for getting payslip again but since Truecaller showed red (28 spam reports(and some bullsh*t naming like stock trading telegram, I kept declining the call from last Wednesday. Today she WhatsApp'd me from a different number and asked me to send payslip. Then again came the call from same number, something clicked and attended the call. She said I got your payslip, I will upload again, you will get e-sign SMS, etc.

Looks like I need to attend the spam calls as well when waiting for credit card approval.

Back