• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Has hdfc bank stopped giving pre-approved credit cards easily?

friends2b11

TF Select
One of my friends opened a bank account in January this year. She is maintaining over 2 lakhs. Even she got the classic banking preapproved offer 2 months ago. then she upgraded to the classic banking program. She is getting pre-approved debit card EMI offers of 1.5 lakhs and pre-approved loans, etc., but she is not getting any pre-approved credit card offers. She is spending lakhs in debit cards.

She got an add-on credit card. Later, she cancelled the add-on credit card. Is the system thinking that she already has a credit card just because she got an add-on credit card? It has been 3 months since her add-on credit card was cancelled by the primary credit card holder.

Any suggestions?

One of my friends opened a bank account in January this year. She is maintaining over 2 lakhs. Even she got the classic banking preapproved offer 2 months ago. then she upgraded to the classic banking program. She is getting pre-approved debit card EMI offers of 1.5 lakhs and pre-approved loans, etc., but she is not getting any pre-approved credit card offers. She is spending lakhs in debit cards.

She got an add-on credit card. Later, she cancelled the add-on credit card. Is the system thinking that she already has a credit card just because she got an add-on credit card? It has been 3 months since her add-on credit card was cancelled by the primary credit card holder.

Any suggestions?
Wait patiently, she'll receive the offer 💯.

I am in similar boat + I have Tata Neu Infinity Card LTF (I understand this makes difficult or impossible. But this gives me too much saving. I will not close this).

I opened account two months back. Have been paying 6 credit card bills and a lot of UPI payments. Total worth about 4 L in two months. Additionally deposited 10L as FD.

But still no pre-approved card.

Swiggy HDFC card was rejected two times for no apparent reason (possibly because I had Tata Neu).

Cibil score 808. Experian 816.

I am in similar boat + I have Tata Neu Infinity Card LTF (I understand this makes difficult or impossible. But this gives me too much saving. I will not close this).

I opened account two months back. Have been paying 6 credit card bills and a lot of UPI payments. Total worth about 4 L in two months. Additionally deposited 10L as FD.

But still no pre-approved card.

Swiggy HDFC card was rejected two times for no apparent reason (possibly because I had Tata Neu).

Cibil score 808. Experian 816.
You can take Infinia by putting lien in FD 😂

Any suggestions?
It can take upto 1 year. For me within 6 months I got offer.
For my wife's account, it took almost an year.
Also don't take the offer at first, wait few months and the offer limit will be increased.
For me first it showed 1l as pre approved, after a month 1.25l and after 2 months it showed 1.5L. I took it.

I have an irctc card but swiggy was also approved.
I was thinking of opening an account with HDFC for getting a core card, but after your experience even after maintain good relationship with bank; I will let my thoughts of getting an account to rest.
I have no idea why HDFC hates me. They rejected my Neu application multiple times. I got the card only as reward of 2023 Neu app ipl leaque play.

Any suggestions?
In HDFC and Axis If Any Person Already Has a Good Cibil Score Then It is Easy to Get a PreApproved Credit Card Tried & Tested.

Suppose if a Person Have No Cibil Score and Having Account in These Bank Then It Takes Time.

In HDFC and Axis If Any Person Already Has a Good Cibil Score Then It is Easy to Get a PreApproved Credit Card Tried & Tested.

Suppose if a Person Have No Cibil Score and Having Account in These Bank Then It Takes Tim

Suppose if a Person Have No Cibil Score and Having Account in These Bank Then It Takes Time.
And icici ?

Any suggestions?
This might be true

My cousin is in same situation, Not getting cc offer even having preferred banking tag
but wait for some time They may offer cc and add-on cards will not create any effect don't worry

This might be true

My cousin is in same situation, Not getting cc offer even having preferred banking tag
but wait for some time They may offer cc and add-on cards will not create any effect don't worry
Nope.

People who have an active card too, got pre-approved offer again .....

Does your cousin has cibil history with active credit card, get any fd card if not ?

Just ask your cousin, to apply manually any hdfc core card, just mention as student, might trigger pre-approved offer, also advise to use debit card ....

Nope.

People who have an active card too, got pre-approved offer again .....

Does your cousin has cibil history with active credit card, get any fd card if not ?

Just ask your cousin, to apply manually any hdfc core card, just mention as student, might trigger pre-approved offer, also advise to use debit card ....
currently, he has 9 cards with 4 yrs credit history
Let's see, He is expecting LTF Millennia

Back