• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB HDFC Addon number different from Primary

vishp

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

I received my HDFC DCB Metal Addon today. To my surprise, it has different card no. compared to my primary.
  1. I can see the addon card while setting up card controls or changing pin in mycards app. When I changed card limit or set pin, I got a mail saying addon card no. XXXX changed. But they mention primary card no. over there in place of XXXX.
  2. I don't see addon on Netbanking, when i click on addon controls. I can add addon card separately on Netbanking tho.
  3. I also checked the OTP. The OTP came on the addon mobile number!
@Ankit Goyal also received a different card number for his addon.
  1. Does anyone know about this change from HDFC? This is a big change in their card policy.
  2. Since my Primary Card is FYF, would the addon too remain FYF?
  3. Since card nos. are different, would the spending milestones of addon be counted on Primary?
I have mailed HDFC about this. Meanwhile would be helpful if forum experts can share any info on this.

Last edited:

APT

TF Select
Received a card with different number than the primary one. Able to set the pin from add-on user's netbanking login, but card not showing in mobile app. Tried purchasing Apay voucher in gyftr & it's proceeding to OTP page and OTP received in add-on's mobile number.
applied via netbanking ?

Viper1057

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Can anyone help with exact steps on how to get add on with different number for someone who already has 3 addon cards with same number ?
Just apply through netbanking again. I did the same. I had 3 addons already and request 2 again for same family members. Now on mycards login it shows me 2 each for those 2 family member while setting limits/pin but its not setting the pin because I tried doing a trx and it got failed.

Can anyone guide me how we can set pin/limits for my new infinia addon cards which has different card numbers?

jeevanreddy58

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Just apply through netbanking again. I did the same. I had 3 addons already and request 2 again for same family members. Now on mycards login it shows me 2 each for those 2 family member while setting limits/pin but its not setting the pin because I tried doing a trx and it got failed.

Can anyone guide me how we can set pin/limits for my new infinia addon cards which has different card numbers?
Plz try from mycards.hdfcbank.com

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

So you have got the new cards with different numbers. That’s good.
Why don’t you close the old add ons and I think it will be done instantly. It may resolve the error you’re getting to set limits.
Also someone mentioned that the new addons can be linked to the respective holders’ net banking/ mycards.

Viper1057

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So you have got the new cards with different numbers. That’s good.
Why don’t you close the old add ons and I think it will be done instantly. It may resolve the error you’re getting to set limits.
Also someone mentioned that the new addons can be linked to the respective holders’ net banking/ mycards.
I tried adding on mycards for respective owner..it doesn't work, it will keep on saying incorrect card details.

The extra addons do show on mycards but as I mentioned now it shows 2 for same account holder and both gets selected for any operation(pin/limit) when I try to do it.

Also 2 of my family members (both parents) have new netbanking UI so no option to register card. So I tried to registered my mom's card in my netbanking and it got added and shows her name correctly, the only problem still happening is that I am not able to perform online transactions even after setting limits & pin.

I tried talking with executive to close the existing addon cards but even they are getting confused which one to close because there is no way to differentiate them..

avinash2711

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I tried adding on mycards for respective owner..it doesn't work, it will keep on saying incorrect card details.

The extra addons do show on mycards but as I mentioned now it shows 2 for same account holder and both gets selected for any operation(pin/limit) when I try to do it.

Also 2 of my family members (both parents) have new netbanking UI so no option to register card. So I tried to registered my mom's card in my netbanking and it got added and shows her name correctly, the only problem still happening is that I am not able to perform online transactions even after setting limits & pin.

I tried talking with executive to close the existing addon cards but even they are getting confused which one to close because there is no way to differentiate them..
Exactly same issue for me. I selected the add on card and changed the limit. the confirmation message was that I modified limits on my primary card. The limit got changed for Add On only.

To register card, I need to set pin. I tried to set pin in my hdfc app, but it says cant process request. I cant see the add on card in the add on card holder account

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Sounds like better way is to close existing card before.
But it's surprising why cust care cannot close the old add on as they have different numbers to the new add ons, right?

jeevanreddy58

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Does not work now. When i apply add on card via this link, it says page not found. When did you use this link to apply ?
I was talking about setting limits and pin for add on card.. Not for applying add on card.
I used mycards couple of days ago to set pin for add on card, though it is not delivered. Approved only.

Viper1057

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Sounds like better way is to close existing card before.
But it's surprising why cust care cannot close the old add on as they have different numbers to the new add ons, right?
Actually no, on mycards it will show all of them ends with last digits of primary card holder number only so no way of distinguish and I believe customer care executive don't have it either.

Also talked with multiple customer executive and all of them told that its a known issue that you aren't able to use your new addon even after setting limits and pin, we are still integrating some things and backend team has said approx 1 week to fix it.

jeevanreddy58

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Actually no, on mycards it will show all of them ends with last digits of primary card holder number only so no way of distinguish and I believe customer care executive don't have it either.

Also talked with multiple customer executive and all of them told that its a known issue that you aren't able to use your new addon even after setting limits and pin, we are still integrating some things and backend team has said approx 1 week to fix it.
I differentiated using Add on user name.