• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Bank Marriott Bonvoy Credit Card Launched

I’ve NOT received the card.

Only the status says delivered.

But I received an email saying they CANT issue the card to me.

So my question is, do I still stand a chance of getting this card given the status and email contradiction?

Like I said, I’m after the RM to get the team to make an exception and get it approved for me.
In my situation my spouse got the card fortunately in hand then they sent email cant issue and will put on hold. So i went to my cards activated it fast set limits changed pin. Then emailed them to release card which they finally did. As quickly as i cud did a transaction also.
They have messed up the bonvoy part. Finally after one month they sent the new bonvoy number. I called bonvoy they added email and phone. Activated account online.now will merge with old account

I also got the same message.

I’ve managed to initiate a floater card application via RM.

Hoping he’ll see it through.
He assured me he would.

PS: Please look out if your office and billing addresses are in different cities.
It was a stumbling block in my case.
Thanks - I have initiated an offline floater application through RM. The offline application had no provision to mention the existing MB membership number. RM made a note of it and also asked to email the screenshot of membership card to him with a copy to his manager. Hopefully the application goes through and the card is linked to the existing MB membership.

this seems a good bet now due to high domestic and international lounge limits. Also for 3500 rs in 15k points you can get 1 day rooms even in international countries. So good add on

I have received the card today with my existing MB membership number embossed on the card. Any idea how long does it take to credit the 10 elite nights?

My card didn't come with the membership number embossed even though I entered it while applying. Now will my existing membership gets linked or a new one would be created?

My card didn't come with the membership number embossed even though I entered it while applying. Now will my existing membership gets linked or a new one would be created?
The welcome email you receive from HDFC mentions the MB membership number. If your have two membership numbers, you will need to merge your accounts. You may like to check the welcome email and the membership number mentioned in that email.

The welcome email you receive from HDFC mentions the MB membership number. If your have two membership numbers, you will need to merge your accounts. You may like to check the welcome email and the membership number mentioned in that email.
Thanks. Any idea when will I get this welcome email? Card was delivered 3 days back. First statement already generated today.
Haven't got any welcome email yet.

Thanks. Any idea when will I get this welcome email? Card was delivered 3 days back. First statement already generated today.
Haven't got any welcome email yet.
I got the welcome email yesterday and the card was delivered today!

I wrote to HDFC multiple times, these were some of the replies.

With regards to your query below, we would like to inform you that you can pay your joining fee after your 90-day bill cycle statement. Also, please be informed that the 10 Elite Night Credits will be credited to your Marriott Bonvoy Member Account within 60 days after receipt of your payment of the joining fee.
We understand your concern and sincerely regret inconvenience caused to you.
We observe from our records that the card membership fee date is December 27, 2023 however as per the card fee date that the membership fee will be levied.
We wish to clarify that the same is not in isolation to your card account but it is followed as a standard procedure across all card accounts. We earnestly seek your understanding in this regard.

So I activated my card in September, hoping to get 10 ENC credited this year to reach the next Elite level, sadly it won't happen by EOY.

While applying following message is displayed
*We regret to inform you that currently we don't have any marriot bonvoy card offer for you*

I have DCB and Tata Neu Infinity.

Can the DCB RM help me?

So I activated my card in September, hoping to get 10 ENC credited this year to reach the next Elite level, sadly it won't happen by EOY.
I too applied for this card for the 10 ENC so that I can move to the next membership tier by EOY :oops:

Received my second statement today. Joining fee still not charged.
Also they have categorized my txn at Marriott as travel and posted only 4points/150 instead of 8. So please check your statements.

Someone who was silver on these marriott hdfc threads with 15 nights got upgraded to gold. Can we confirm this

Yeah received the same response and ENC credits would take upto another 60 days after that. Wish this was clear before applying.
My case is even worse. They didn't link my existing membership number even though I mentioned it in the form. Now they are not even telling which membership number is linked to the card.

Back