• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hdfc cc new limit

Cc_creditguy

TF Premier
Hi guyz today I received 100% limit enhancement in hdfc cc 30k to 60k should I take it ??
Relationship status, salary account
Prefered customer, holding 3 card
1. legendary money-back +
2. Tata neu plus
3.Hdfc rupay

Sorry I got mixed up... between IDFC and HDFC threads currently running in parallel... that was supposed to be in IDFC thread..
Yes, for HDFC also I am happy that I got 8L ... I really dont need anymore..
Understood you've been between 2 threads.

Yes 8L on a single card is more than enough other than exceptional cases. Even if they offer me more, I will not accept LE.

I am more of a fundamental guy rather than a technical guy .. ;) 80 - 20 rule..
but higher limit always good though you don't need it now
i never take credit card as seriously and lost change so many good LTF cards as well as never accept any limit increase or not use cards at all
but now i regret it as my requirements changed and if i take all those cards and LE i will be at next level which take me at least 2 years from now

but higher limit always good though you don't need it now
i never take credit card as seriously and lost change so many good LTF cards as well as never accept any limit increase or not use cards at all
but now i regret it as my requirements changed and if i take all those cards and LE i will be at next level which take me at least 2 years from now
I am not saying we dont need HIGH CLs .. HIGH CL in one or two main cards is enough..
For me I have more than 15 Cards..
If we have high CLs on all the cards, we will end up as "Highly leveraged " and wont get any Credit cards in future..

I am not saying we dont need HIGH CLs .. HIGH CL in one or two main cards is enough..
If we have high CLs on all the cards, we will end up as "Highly leveraged " and wont get any Credit cards in future..
Oh so u mean high CL is bad? If we have 5 plus cards n if one is having 10L+ limit will this limit problem when I apply for a cc from a bank where there is no cc associated?

Oh so u mean high CL is bad? If we have 5 plus cards n if one is having 10L+ limit will this limit problem when I apply for a cc from a bank where there is no cc associated?
The ratio between your total granted CL on all cards and your income is called leverage..

this levergae should not be too high.. How much high is a high depends on how each bank looks at it..

How did u get this card?
pre-approved or Applied from your side?
In general The base limit for millennia is 1L in some Exceptional cases like pre-approved cases they provide it with low limit
when i have no relation with the bank suddenly i got a call and they said i have this card pre approved and to my surprise they gave it LTF and also i dont know how did i get pre approved offer as well

I am puzzled! You believe high CLs (like 8L) on a couple of cards is enough (and I agree). So how many active cards at a given time is deemed sufficient? Since you're still worried about high leverage even after 15+ cards, clearly that isn't enough! :)

• Hehe
Reactions: SSV
So how many active cards at a given time is deemed sufficient?
This depends on your spends , types of spends and returns and non-spend benefits you are expecting...
In simple terms depends on your lifestyle... and varies from person to person ...

Since you're still worried about high leverage even after 15+ cards, clearly that isn't enough!
Look at the answer above, depends on individual's needs... the card's returns and benefits will change over the period of the time and so as the requirements of individuals.. hence the number of cards that a person can own varies over the period of the time

Last edited:
Back