• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Imperia benefit of free locker

mrbanker

TF Select
If anyone in the Imperia program of HDFC has managed to avail the free locker, how did you do it? The RM is of no use to avail that benefit in my case, suggestions needed to acquire a locker in a new branch which is opening near my place.

I have one free locked. We have 4-5 members in imperia level. Got it quite easily as it was available . Did not buy a single bad product..

reach out to grievance redressal or other higher ups in case RM doesnt help.

Also, you must have got a HDFC bank feedback survey for your RM. Use it for worthless RMs . They are scared of it a lot

It was very smooth process for me, i went directly to the branch and asked for free locker, they told no locker is available so i went to hdfc website and filled online query form and then got a call from branch then they arranged a small size locker in a few days.
What is the dimensions of small locker? Can you give a rough idea.
Also this free locker thing is first year only? or lifetime?

Getting the free locker itself is a big pain after you are converted to Imperia. When I first opened an account with them, they were forcing me to get a locker. Now all of a sudden, the lockers are claimed and I have to join the waitlist. XD

Is it standardized across branches? Or custom sized according to the space available? Otherwise why don't they publicize the dimensions?

Anyway, I've just received mine yesterday, > 3.5 months after the BM had promised me one "within 2 - 3 weeks"!

It's a small one, about 5" x 4" x 14" (the depth is only a guess at this point). The door opening is considerably less than 5" x 4".

It is free as long as one is an Imperia customer.

Here's how I got my RM to arrange for a locker under Imperia without any investment/follow ups in record time:

First I contacted the RM for a free locker under Imperia expecting the response in negative. Then I put out a tweet to HDFC Cares for help. They asked me my details in DM and raised a complaint on my behalf. Something about Twitter channel speeds up things and the RM contacted me to help out. Knew the RM would stage a drama of help and would still reply in the negative after a day. As expected the RM gets back saying there are no branches with available lockers and asks me the consent to close the complaint. I call bullshit and tell the RM that I believe not all branches in my city have been scanned for available lockers and I will not be closing the complaint till the RM does not get back with the locker availability within the TAT of complaint and if required I would escalate. The RM realises the implications and gets back in a few hours with a small locker availability in a far off branch and tells me that the BM has been informed for the reservation in my name and requests me to visit the branch in the next 48 hrs.

So just take the help of Twitter team and don't let the RM close the complaint number till you don't get an affirmative reply. Hope this technique helps someone who reads this :)

Here's how I got my RM to arrange for a locker under Imperia without any investment/follow ups in record time:

First I contacted the RM for a free locker under Imperia expecting the response in negative. Then I put out a tweet to HDFC Cares for help. They asked me my details in DM and raised a complaint on my behalf. Something about Twitter channel speeds up things and the RM contacted me to help out. Knew the RM would stage a drama of help and would still reply in the negative after a day. As expected the RM gets back saying there are no branches with available lockers and asks me the consent to close the complaint. I call bullshit and tell the RM that I believe not all branches in my city have been scanned for available lockers and I will not be closing the complaint till the RM does not get back with the locker availability within the TAT of complaint and if required I would escalate. The RM realises the implications and gets back in a few hours with a small locker availability in a far off branch and tells me that the BM has been informed for the reservation in my name and requests me to visit the branch in the next 48 hrs.

So just take the help of Twitter team and don't let the RM close the complaint number till you don't get an affirmative reply. Hope this technique helps someone who reads this :)
Same experience I also had with my RM. BTW Congrats for the new locker !!! :)

Can any body provide any trivck or refernce for sourcing a locker from hdfc the branch is not helping useless rm and bm.
If you are very selective about the branch it's difficult. Target newly opened branches in your area. I have Classic relationship with HDFC. One new branch was opened nearby my home. So shifted my account there. I asked them to provide locker they told 10 lakhs in FD or 3 Lakhs in insurance to get it. Then I negotiated continuously finally settled for 3 Lacs in FD for medium size Locker. Since it's Shuru (New) Branch, they will definitely need deposits even if it's one Lakh it's important for them to achieve target. Also it depends on the size you're looking for.

P.S : I had all the options to select locker number as I was the first one of that new branch to get allocated a locker. 😇

I am the only corporate salaried customer for them till date.

.... I negotiated continuously finally settled for 3 Lacs in FD for medium size Locker. Since it's Shuru (New) Branch, they will definitely need deposits even if it's one Lakh it's important for them to achieve target. Also it depends on the size you're looking for.

What was the duration you had to book your FD for? Would you be able to withdraw your money once it matures? Also, what stops you from closing it prematurely if you want to?

What was the duration you had to book your FD for? Would you be able to withdraw your money once it matures? Also, what stops you from closing it prematurely if you want to?
It was just a time deposit. They wanted it to meet some targets. There is no criteria that you should hold it for a long time. There won't be any loss of principal if withdrawn before maturity. There is some penalty only on the interest earned at time of breaking the deposit.

I hope this helps anyone trying to get free a locker under imperia banking program.

If there is a new HDFC branch opening near you, first walk into the new branch and talk with any staff or branch manager that you are an imperia customer and want a locker which you are entitled to. If he/she asks for FD, tell them that you already have various FDs in HDFC and cannot break them.
Then the new branch manager will tell you to shift all ur existing accounts to the new branch for the locker. If you are ok with shifting your accounts, you can do that but I was not as my accounts were linked with various policies and investments which could have caused inconvenience to me.

Contact your home branch manager and tell him that the new branch manager is asking to shift all of your accounts to the new branch. Your existing branch manager will make sure that you don't shift your accounts or he will be at a loss. Hence he will contact the new branch and get you a locker. You just have to keep on calling or texting him regularly.

Also, the existing branch manager may offer you lockers in other branches which he is familiar with. But stick to the new branch which is nearest to you for convenience.

Got mine just now after 3 months in new branch near my home.

Last edited:
I hope this helps anyone trying to get free a locker under imperia banking program.

If there is a new HDFC branch opening near you, first walk into the new branch and talk with any staff or branch manager that you are an imperia customer and want a locker which you are entitled to. If he/she asks for FD, tell them that you already have various FDs in HDFC and cannot break them.
Then the new branch manager will tell you to shift all ur existing accounts to the new branch for the locker. If you are ok with shifting your accounts, you can do that but I was not as my accounts were linked with various policies and investments which could have caused inconvenience to me.

Contact your home branch manager and tell him that the new branch manager is asking to shift all of your accounts to the new branch. Your existing branch manager will make sure that you don't shift your accounts or he will be at a loss. Hence he will contact the new branch and get you a locker. You just have to keep on calling or texting him regularly.

Also, the existing branch manager may offer you lockers in other branches which he is familiar with. But stick to the new branch which is nearest to you for convenience.

Got mine just now after 3 months in new branch near my home.
Does really branch manager cares about FD's ?

What inconvenience could it have caused you ?! These days account transfers are transparent to the customer. Only the SOL ID changes in the bank's software. Is it not like that at HDFC ?!

Back