• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

sudoabhi

TF Buzz
Hi
HDFC is offering LTF upgrade to Regalia Gold credit card on my existing Millenia Card.
My Millenia is also LTF and has limit of 3.46L
Should I consider taking the offer or is it better to stay on Millenia ?
What are your suggestions?

1718972674855.png

sudoabhi

TF Buzz
Yes. Take it.
Any specific reason/benefits why you are suggesting ?
I was trying to calculate the value back for Regalia Gold, and it turned out to be 1.7% if I redeem using the Gold Catalogue (Don't know what exactly the catalog is) and it is 1.3% if I convert to air miles or use on Smartbuy and 0.5% if redeemed against card statement.
The only benefit I am seeing is Lounge access, which I don't really need because I visit lounges occasionally.
Am I missing anything? Please let me know. Thanks.

indraneal89

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I was trying to calculate the value back for Regalia Gold, and it turned out to be 1.7% if I redeem using the Gold Catalogue (Don't know what exactly the catalog is) and it is 1.3% if I convert to air miles or use on Smartbuy and 0.5% if redeemed against card statement.
The only benefit I am seeing is Lounge access, which I don't really need because I visit lounges occasionally.

Few reasons to consider Regalia Gold
  1. 5X reward points on certain brands like Myntra, Marks and Spencers, Nykaa, and Reliance Digital.
  2. Lower forex markup (2% + GST I believe)
  3. HDFC positions it just below Diners Club Black and Infinia so it is a potential stepping stone to these cards

Tensor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Regalia Gold is a better all-round credit with host of benefits including 5x on certain brands, international lounge access for add-on members and low forex fee. I agree on the low reward rate but you can use the card as a conduit to climb up the ladder to super premium cards like DCB/Infinia with time. Above all, you're getting it free. Substitute Millennia with SBI/Axis Cashback if possible.

sudoabhi

TF Buzz
Regalia Gold is a better all-round credit with host of benefits including 5x on certain brands, international lounge access for add-on members and low forex fee. I agree on the low reward rate but you can use the card as a conduit to climb up the ladder to super premium cards like DCB/Infinia with time. Above all, you're getting it free. Substitute Millennia with SBI/Axis Cashback if possible.
Got it. Thanks man.

sudoabhi

TF Buzz
  1. 5X reward points on certain brands like Myntra, Marks and Spencers, Nykaa, and Reliance Digital.
  3. HDFC positions it just below Diners Club Black and Infinia so it is a potential stepping stone to these cards
Understood. Thanks man.

L2R

TF Buzz
the 5X RP on regalia gold appears to be a scam. 1 RP is only 20 paisa. Unlike 1 Rs on other HDFC cards like millennia. 5X on millennia really means something. The poor cashback is what is holding many from upgrading to Regalia gold.

indraneal89

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
the 5X RP on regalia gold appears to be a scam. 1 RP is only 20 paisa. Unlike 1 Rs on other HDFC cards like millennia. 5X on millennia really means something. The poor cashback is what is holding many from upgrading to Regalia gold.

Regalia Gold isn't designed to be a cashback card though so comparing it on the basis of statement credit isn't a fair one

You get 1 RP = 0.65 Rs on gold catalogue and 1 RP = 0.5 on flights and hotel bookings upto 70% of the points value and you earn additional reward points on the remaining 30%

sudoabhi

TF Buzz
do you have any other cards for online spends? otherwise you will miss the 5% cashbacks you get with millennia on amazon flipkart swiggy zomato etc
yes i do.
For amazon - 5% with ICICI Amazon
Swiggy/Zomato - 10% with Airtel Axis
Flipkart / Myntra - I used Millenia for these, but if I upgrade then I will have to look for some other card. Though after upgrade I will get 5x with Regalia on Myntra
Other online - SBI SimplyClick (1.25% on all online)

Reactions: L2R

sudoabhi

TF Buzz
Yeah that's why I am confused. But at the end this depends on your card portfolio. If we can find replacement of Millenia for those 10 merchants then it is worth it to upgrade i guess

Hemang

TF Premier
Hi
HDFC is offering LTF upgrade to Regalia Gold credit card on my existing Millenia Card.
My Millenia is also LTF and has limit of 3.46L
Should I consider taking the offer or is it better to stay on Millenia ?
What are your suggestions?

1718972674855.png
Bhai upgrade karke check karna.

Mere bhi same offer aaya Aaj, jab OTP dalke next screen aayegi, vaha joining fees zero aa rhi hai, but there is no mention of renewal fees. So I can't really say this is LTF. Rest mail me to likhai hai LTF. So at least we have a proof of LTF with us.

L2R

TF Buzz
yes i do.
For amazon - 5% with ICICI Amazon
Swiggy/Zomato - 10% with Airtel Axis
Flipkart / Myntra - I used Millenia for these, but if I upgrade then I will have to look for some other card. Though after upgrade I will get 5x with Regalia on Myntra
Other online - SBI SimplyClick (1.25% on all online)
great. you are almost covered then. just note that for Flipkart you mentioned you can get 5X with regalia. Remember that 5X with regalia is not the same as 5% with millennia. minor thing as you can move your purchases to amazon or try applying for flipkart axis card.

Hemang

TF Premier
Flipmart - 5x ka matlab. 1000 rupees ka purchase karne pe 26 rps milenge (4 points per 150 rupees spent.) and if redeem against gv then value comes at Rs 9.1. which in % would be ~0.91% return. Also redemption charges 99+GST.