• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC not upgrading the credit card

gibberish

TF Buzz
Hi all,
I am new member on this Credit Card Forum and have seen a lot of discussions on hdfc cards but never got a proper solution to my problem.
I have HDFC Regalia First since 2018 which was verbally told me is LTF but I never got to test the theory as my transactions would meet the criteria each year. However, this year I have not used my card much, major reason being overall devaluation. Initial Limit was 3L which has now upgraded to 7L (got a mail to increase limit, not sure how it was offered by the Bank as I never really bothered about it).
I have recently got Axis Select (LTF,6L) and SBI Cashback(non-LTF, 3L) to better suit my lifestyle and also improve my decreasing CIBIL score.

I asked for a LTF upgrade of my HDFC Regalia First from Priority Redressal & Pno but they are just giving me FYF Millenia.
I even described my 8+ year long relationship with bank with a salary account as well, but no luck.
My RM is also saying that he cannot do anything for the credit card upgrade and it will be paid.
Since, now I have Select and CB, I don't think I will be able to meet hdfc criteria each year with my spends, so that's why I want it LTF.
Can anyone suggest what can I do further?
I do not want to completely close my HDFC CC as sometimes there are offers on Samsung, croma, Amazon etc for this card.

I think that I don't need Regalia Gold as I am not a frequent traveller but won't mind having an option handy whenever required. I am eyeing Diners Club privilege as it seems to give same RP as Gold but BOGO on BMS and other offers seems better to me.
Another question, will insurance premium payments on DCP yield any reward points? And these HDFC offers bannered on Samsung, Amazon etc. websites, are these offers applicable on DCP card?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi all,
I am new member on this Credit Card Forum and have seen a lot of discussions on hdfc cards but never got a proper solution to my problem.
I have HDFC Regalia First since 2018 which was verbally told me is LTF but I never got to test the theory as my transactions would meet the criteria each year. However, this year I have not used my card much, major reason being overall devaluation. Initial Limit was 3L which has now upgraded to 7L (got a mail to increase limit, not sure how it was offered by the Bank as I never really bothered about it).
I have recently got Axis Select (LTF,6L) and SBI Cashback(non-LTF, 3L) to better suit my lifestyle and also improve my decreasing CIBIL score.

I asked for a LTF upgrade of my HDFC Regalia First from Priority Redressal & Pno but they are just giving me FYF Millenia.
I even described my 8+ year long relationship with bank with a salary account as well, but no luck.
My RM is also saying that he cannot do anything for the credit card upgrade and it will be paid.
Since, now I have Select and CB, I don't think I will be able to meet hdfc criteria each year with my spends, so that's why I want it LTF.
Can anyone suggest what can I do further?
I do not want to completely close my HDFC CC as sometimes there are offers on Samsung, croma, Amazon etc for this card.

I think that I don't need Regalia Gold as I am not a frequent traveller but won't mind having an option handy whenever required. I am eyeing Diners Club privilege as it seems to give same RP as Gold but BOGO on BMS and other offers seems better to me.
Another question, will insurance premium payments on DCP yield any reward points? And these HDFC offers bannered on Samsung, Amazon etc. websites, are these offers applicable on DCP card?

Thanks in advance.
You have good limit for upgrade to DCB but upgrades are never LTF in HDFC.

They'll offer LTF upgrade only in rare of the rare case.

If they're not upgrading. Just ask them to convert regalia card to LTF.

It's easier, once LTF. You can pursue upgrade story later.

How did u get Axis select CC as LTF?
I have a Priority savings account with them and when I asked my RM for any normal CC (aim was to handle my decreasing CIBIL score with having a normal credit card like myzone), they had some offer going on and said I can get Select as LTF.

++ Following up
I will no longer ask for cc upgrade but what if hdfc does not confirm/make my Regalia first LTF, shall i go ahead for card closure?
Will the retention team entertain my requests?
If this regalia first is paid, i would definitely close it. I just want to keep it for website offers only if it is LTF.

++ Following up
I will no longer ask for cc upgrade but what if hdfc does not confirm/make my Regalia first LTF, shall i go ahead for card closure?
Will the retention team entertain my requests?
If this regalia first is paid, i would definitely close it. I just want to keep it for website offers only if it is LTF.
They'll make it, you just request over email.

Retention team won't offer anything.

Having said above we are unable to accede with your card upgrade request to premium credit cards at this point of time.

Our Bank’s stand has been communicated distinctly and this response may be treated as final. We also wish to inform you that any further communication from yourself would not elicit a response from us. In light of this we request you to accept the decision in good faith.

This is the part of response I got from HDFC for my appeal for cc upgrade.
I don’t think they will even consider my request to make current regalia first LTF.

What should I do now?

Back