• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Super Premium Cards Eligibility hiked!!!

After a lot of argument and trying to convince, they are now offering me.... Diners Club Privilege!! That too paid. I appeared offended and asked them why they are insulting me. I told them that I once had it and closed it because I was fed up with it, and that it has now become so utterly useless that it is as good as a stain. They said sorry sir, this is the best we can do. As a consolation, they offered to get it converted to LTF after application.

So after giving up trying to get SBI, ICICI and AU cards, I have now given up trying to get HDFC cards as well after trying for two years. Looks like I am stuck with Axis (and Amex) for all eternity now.

Preseverance does not always pay off, you see.
I would suggest take whatever they are giving after dialogue for your desired card. get LE and upgrades along the line. I have been using millenia since 6 years no significant LE as well.

After reading all the discussion
Can anyone here to help me ❓❓ regarding hdfc smartbuy purchase
Use search feature.
There are many post on smartbuy.
This thread is not on smartbuy purchase discussion.
Admin will unnecessary transfer, block, ban all non topic discussion.
Many user will help you, if you post your queries under relevant heading or you can also easily create one.

Last edited:
I would suggest take whatever they are giving after dialogue for your desired card. get LE and upgrades along the line. I have been using millenia since 6 years no significant LE as well.
Got through to (who he says he is) a main credit card guy in this zone. Says HDFC Bank has suddenly become very strict about CC issuance. It is almost as if they don't want to issue cards anymore. Basically they are trying to curtail issuing of Reg G, DCBM and Infinia as much as possible. The only cards a normally salaried person with salary less than 1.5L can get is only either Millennia or Swiggy. Even if your salary is Rs.149999 you won't get Regalia G, that is how strict they are now. They are seemingly not worried about number of cards issued/marke tshare coming down because all banks are cutting down on credit cards. I am guessing this is in part becuase GOI and RBI are discouraging credit cards and putting all kinds of curbs on the industry to boost UPI.

He said he really can't help in my case at all, but he can either give Millennia or DCP LTF or Marriott Diners Paid. I have a trip coming up in December so I am looking for the add-on lounge. With DCP it won't be possible because I should've spent 15k in the previous three months. Marriott I don't see the value in paying Rs.3540 for it since I am absolutely not going to stay in any Marriott anywhere.

What should I do? Can I ask them to upgrade me from DCP to Regalia G as soon as I get the card? Knowledgeable people in the forum, please help.

(I should've been aware of my #aukaat and stuck to Regalia G when I had it).

Got through to (who he says he is) a main credit card guy in this zone. Says HDFC Bank has suddenly become very strict about CC issuance. It is almost as if they don't want to issue cards anymore. Basically they are trying to curtail issuing of Reg G, DCBM and Infinia as much as possible. The only cards a normally salaried person with salary less than 1.5L can get is only either Millennia or Swiggy. Even if your salary is Rs.149999 you won't get Regalia G, that is how strict they are now. They are seemingly not worried about number of cards issued/marke tshare coming down because all banks are cutting down on credit cards. I am guessing this is in part becuase GOI and RBI are discouraging credit cards and putting all kinds of curbs on the industry to boost UPI.

He said he really can't help in my case at all, but he can either give Millennia or DCP LTF or Marriott Diners Paid. I have a trip coming up in December so I am looking for the add-on lounge. With DCP it won't be possible because I should've spent 15k in the previous three months. Marriott I don't see the value in paying Rs.3540 for it since I am absolutely not going to stay in any Marriott anywhere.

What should I do? Can I ask them to upgrade me from DCP to Regalia G as soon as I get the card? Knowledgeable people in the forum, please help.

(I should've been aware of my #aukaat and stuck to Regalia G when I had it).
Curious - why did you close the Reg G card?

Curious - why did you close the Reg G card?
I had no use for Reg G as I was using Axis Atlas as my primary card, and also had Magnus during that time (for vouchers and stuff). And HDFC refused to waive off annual fees or upgrade to DCB. During the one year I was holding the card I might have used it only 4-5 times for around Rs.2000 total.

And exactly 3 days day after I closed Regalia Gold, Axis announced Magnus and Atlas devaluation. #storyofmylife

Back