• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Super Premium Cards Eligibility hiked!!!

How about 1lk points for 1lk rs. Would that convince you?
So directly we can book 1L worth of flight tkts at 70% with points + 30% cash, seems reasonable enough i suppose

I was more so wondering in terms of benefits,
it's not a criticism, more of a thought exercise
What benefits would i be willing to pay 1L for

I don't think too many people will take this and pay so much
You're right! Just like centurion Card. Not everyone can get the card or even afford it. 3L+/ year!!! Opportunity cost is too high.

Launches like these will give a leeway for others to follow. Personally I don't think infinia reserve will be more than 59k / year. And unlike infinia it may not compensate on annual/renewal fee with RP.

But I'm sure HDFC might be strategizing UHNI CC following the launch of Primus. And they have all the data in the world to analyse and segment their users based on spends / income to estimate ARPU. If Primus turns out to be good for axis, HDFC will definitely introduce something

I honestly think Infinia Reserve will be priced around 25K as predicted in earlier years,
Anything more then this be too much for most

If you have ambitions of DCB/Infinia, my advice would be to take Reg Gold and put good spends on it,

With the new eligibility criteria, it's easier to get upgrades then fresh cards
I am thinking about it. but I wanna see what pre-approved offer I'll get.
Opened bank a bank account in first week of sept. using this regularly for UPI where card is not accepted

Paying good amount of CC bills with DC. I just manually updated income in account to 25L-50L lol.

If they offer something like RG in the first go I'll wait for next offer. but god forbid if they offer money back I'll take up BM offer and let him process RG

I have Infinia and no other HDFC cards. I am a self employed professional and have the Imperia account. I have asked Biz Black as floater card but the local guys are not sure of the way to get it. They have asked me to email which I did and they forwarded it to CC team in Coimbatore but not approved yet.

Can you let me know how you got it - was it as a floater or a new application? Thank you.
It was a floater request. I already had an Infinia. I don’t think they would have denied it as now I have a fairly decent TRV with HDFC (in several crores) in addition to a ULIP.

Many people who have lakhs in ITR, salary, or crores of networth happily take the Regalia Gold, that too LTF. Meanwhile, the average-income person(which i belong to) takes the Infinia, despite its annual fee. By hiking the eligibility criteria, who's going to take their card? Isn't it a loss to the bank to restrict eligibility?

Now, coming to the reward rate, it's not even top-notch, honestly, considering the monthly limits on vouchers and quarterly points benefits.Now why should the bank even get worried here? It's already been devalued a lot since its launch. It was a gem of a card in the beginning (which I missed).

Even in the case of Infinia Reserve, I highly doubt if the fee is above 25k that UHNI or HNI individuals wouldn't even care to get the card.

All the easy paths to get the Infinia (even the great ULIP method) have been closed. Restricting eligibility doesn't mean that the card won't be devalued. Probably a lakh of people already have the Infinia (not sure of the exact number but yeah, could be).

Disclaimer: I am a fan of the Infinia, not trying to insult it in any manner. This is just my opinion about the bank & is never meant to hurt anyone. Peace.

Many people who have lakhs in ITR, salary, or crores of networth happily take the Regalia Gold, that too LTF. Meanwhile, the average-income person(which i belong to) takes the Infinia, despite its annual fee. By hiking the eligibility criteria, who's going to take their card? Isn't it a loss to the bank to restrict eligibility?

Now, coming to the reward rate, it's not even top-notch, honestly, considering the monthly limits on vouchers and quarterly points benefits.Now why should the bank even get worried here? It's already been devalued a lot since its launch. It was a gem of a card in the beginning (which I missed).

Even in the case of Infinia Reserve, I highly doubt if the fee is above 25k that UHNI or HNI individuals wouldn't even care to get the card.

All the easy paths to get the Infinia (even the great ULIP method) have been closed. Restricting eligibility doesn't mean that the card won't be devalued. Probably a lakh of people already have the Infinia (not sure of the exact number but yeah, could be).

Disclaimer: I am a fan of the Infinia, not trying to insult it in any manner. This is just my opinion about the bank & is never meant to hurt anyone. Peace.
but why do you say that average income people take Infinia and HNI's don't?

Frankly 25k seems too low for a card that's supposed to be above Infinia....

Last I know, it is an invite only card at least in public. So even if one is 'eligible' as per this new criteria, it will still be discretionary of the issuer.

Let Infina reserve launch, and it will be only for Infiniti account holders like Axis for Burgundy Private. the burgundy private cc card you don't get even today I asked for Primus and they said if you have burgundy private we will apply for it. hence same like that Infiniti account holders are only eligible for that card. no need to think so much, if you see for exclusivity for hdfc Infiniti account holders no such private cc yet hence don't keep hoping you will get one even with approval. and hdfc will and have to differentiate their portfolio
(just to note for to get Infinia Metal the core cc you have to have an Infiniti account hence once the reserve is launched they will remove metal from Infiniti and give to Imperia and add Infinia reserve to Infiniti and block others to get one.)

but why do you say that average income people take Infinia and HNI's don't?

Frankly 25k seems too low for a card that's supposed to be above Infinia....
With the huge popularity of Infinia, i think HDFC would want to launch a product for Upper class that can have mass adoption eventually and not necessarily HNI's/UHNI's
And 25k seems like a good price point for that

But there're some speculations that HDFC will inflate it's value initially by only giving it to a handfull of people, again celebrities, cricketers, influencers etc, issuing only 200 cards around launch
This will fuel it's popularity with the masses and public will again run behind RM/BM/ULIP/grievance redressal email/TRV etc to get their hands on this card
these speculations is mostly what I've gathered from X/Reddit/here on TFC etc

Let Infina reserve launch, and it will be only for Infiniti account holders like Axis for Burgundy Private. the burgundy private cc card you don't get even today I asked for Primus and they said if you have burgundy private we will apply for it. hence same like that Infiniti account holders are only eligible for that card. no need to think so much, if you see for exclusivity for hdfc Infiniti account holders no such private cc yet hence don't keep hoping you will get one even with approval. and hdfc will and have to differentiate their portfolio
What's the TRV required for Burgundy Private and HDFC Infiniti accounts ?

Back