• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Super Premium Cards Eligibility hiked!!!

Maybe because the spends are on biz black, they are not upgrading to infinia. Biz black is business card and businesses usually have a lot of spends.
I have explained to them I have only personal use for cards and I dont have a business or business spends in which i can use it for tax payment and other business spends,, also requested cancel biz black and give Infinia or give as a floater, anyway not going to chase it any longer,if they are giving good, if not biz black is enough for my main need which is unlimited intl lounge access, dont have to worry about how many lounges visited, ( especially no way to track it in hdfc, earlier i had regalia and when i tried to find the count, priority pass said ask hdfc , hdfc says ask pp back and forth 3 times)

If we meet these salary criteria, will they give it LTF? Or will it still be paid card?
Metal Infinia isn't LTF...there might be rare exceptions though. Suggest stop chasing LTF. Fees is mostly compensated by 12.5K reward points they give upon fee realization which makes it almost LTF at max redemption value.

Last edited:
Maybe because the spends are on biz black, they are not upgrading to infinia. Biz black is business card and businesses usually have a lot of spends.
They cannot say that right. Spends means spends and spends are about personal stuff not on business stuff for that whole list of invoices are there. They did not say that nor ask that because they know the mcc for what i spent. non of the transactions exclusion of mcc exist and even for tax payment i have not used that card. But still they don't want to give. My rm say they have to give but hdfc says no I cannot give. I dont understand what are they even thinking.

I got the upgrade to Infinia from DCB ltf on 10th Oct. The agent told me that the new criteria is 9L spends in last 6 months and 8L base limit. He had sent documents to Chennai but in the meantime PNO approved and issued it.
My spends were 10L in Sept and 11.2L in last 6 months. 8.6L limit.
This is correct for Infinia.
RM confirmed.

Limit vs Spends

DCB Metal
5L, 5L

Regalia Gold
3L, 3L

Biz Black
7.5L, 7.5L

For all of the above,
Maintaining spend conditions + Right customer profile, ITR/Salary consideration - if spends not met, and no exceptions is the internal communication they’ve received.

I can see only President and the Governors might be eligible
I'm sure their post tax net in hand would be far less 🙂
you are forgetting DA of 50 %, HRA of 27 % and TA of around 10k and other allowance. But ya still very less gov emp are eligible now. I am a gov emp, my hope for DCB also will take 3-4 more years to be eligible, so have lost all hope. Have to look at other card.

If anyone has tata neu infinity with 6 L credit limit, can they request for DCB metal as floater ?
I don't think so unless you are very lucky and have a good relation with HDFC.

Co-branded cards looks like a headache for achieving many things with HDFC.
I was holding a DCB and Tata Neu Infinity and was not getting limit enhancement at all, and I was afraid if they will deny Infinia cos of holding the co-branded card. But I got upgraded to Infinia.

Back