• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Super Premium Cards Eligibility hiked!!!

Any ideas how to spend 3 lakhs in the 1st 90 days and get 10000 regular points also?
rent / grocery / utilities / telephone / society pay / education fee / some movies / some shopping / fuel / travel hotel / air tkts /et gym / shoes / jewelry / phones, electronics, appliances / furniture / renovation etc....vouchers / gold / nps /2 Wheeler... options are many.. ppl have tried all tricks 🐼

I remember my Regalia card also having this offer. It was my first HDFC card and at that time it was 90000 to be spend in first 3 months to get the fee waiver.

Any ideas how to spend 3 lakhs in the 1st 90 days and get 10000 regular points also?
Get Amazon pay & shopping vouchers via SB +directly on Amazon, for 1.5 lakhs. Redeem them on the app and do whatever later. From the rest, buy other brand vouchers- Swiggy, BB, Zomato Lifestyle etc. and keep redeeming them within the validity period...no hurry.
Or or gift yourself or your better half an iPhone 16 Pro Max 1 TB...😎

Got through to (who he says he is) a main credit card guy in this zone. Says HDFC Bank has suddenly become very strict about CC issuance. It is almost as if they don't want to issue cards anymore. Basically they are trying to curtail issuing of Reg G, DCBM and Infinia as much as possible. The only cards a normally salaried person with salary less than 1.5L can get is only either Millennia or Swiggy. Even if your salary is Rs.149999 you won't get Regalia G, that is how strict they are now. They are seemingly not worried about number of cards issued/marke tshare coming down because all banks are cutting down on credit cards. I am guessing this is in part becuase GOI and RBI are discouraging credit cards and putting all kinds of curbs on the industry to boost UPI.

He said he really can't help in my case at all, but he can either give Millennia or DCP LTF or Marriott Diners Paid. I have a trip coming up in December so I am looking for the add-on lounge. With DCP it won't be possible because I should've spent 15k in the previous three months. Marriott I don't see the value in paying Rs.3540 for it since I am absolutely not going to stay in any Marriott anywhere.

What should I do? Can I ask them to upgrade me from DCP to Regalia G as soon as I get the card? Knowledgeable people in the forum, please help.

(I should've been aware of my #aukaat and stuck to Regalia G when I had it).
So finally I applied for, was approved for and received my HDFC Diners Club Privilege LTF credit card. This was the highest card I was eligible for because of my salary credit and corporate tie-up.

This is my second DCP. Earlier I (stupidly) changed from LTF DCP to FYF Regalia Gold and then closed that card without knowing how I could've leveraged DCP to get DCB or even Infinia. And to think that at that time I had spent 2L+ in around 6 months.

Life comes full circle.

So finally I applied for, was approved for and received my HDFC Diners Club Privilege LTF credit card. This was the highest card I was eligible for because of my salary credit and corporate tie-up.

This is my second DCP. Earlier I (stupidly) changed from LTF DCP to FYF Regalia Gold and then closed that card without knowing how I could've leveraged DCP to get DCB or even Infinia. And to think that at that time I had spent 2L+ in around 6 months.

Life comes full circle.
I have DCP LTF for past 4 years. Seems a most useful card to me 🙁

Get Amazon pay & shopping vouchers via SB +directly on Amazon, for 1.5 lakhs. Redeem them on the app and do whatever later. From the rest, buy other brand vouchers- Swiggy, BB, Zomato Lifestyle etc. and keep redeeming them within the validity period...no hurry.
Or or gift yourself or your better half an iPhone 16 Pro Max 1 TB...😎
I don't want to buy unnecessary liabilities like an Apple iPhone.
Amazon pay is limited to 10000 per month.
I also have plenty of Amazon pay, I have to worry about the expiry in 8 months.
Swiggy we don't use so much and we have a swiggy cash also.
BigBasket I get 20% discount using Indusind exclusive debit card

I don't want to buy unnecessary liabilities like an Apple iPhone.
Amazon pay is limited to 10000 per month.
I also have plenty of Amazon pay, I have to worry about the expiry in 8 months.
Swiggy we don't use so much and we have a swiggy cash also.
BigBasket I get 20% discount using Indusind exclusive debit card

Looks like only option would be go to a fully loaded vacation. 🙂 Sorry, no idea. No reason to spend 3L unnecessarily just to save 10K + 2.5K.

Life comes full circle.
Briefly tell me why DCP is better than RG? Is it because of any of your specific spend pattern? Or redemption value?

Briefly tell me why DCP is better than RG? Is it because of any of your specific spend pattern? Or redemption value?
No, RG is better than DCP in all manners. DCP has pathetic base reward earning rates, useless redemption options and rate (less than 1%), worthless benefits and terrible online acceptance. Only good thing is Smartbuy, rewards for insurance and BOGO, but then redeem for what?

The only reason I took DCP is because this is the only HDFC card I am eligible for (or Millennia). I don't earn enough to be eligible for Regalia Gold. I closed my earlier RG because HDFC was unwilling to waive off the fees.

I hope to somehow get this upgraded to DCBM.

Last edited:
I too got approved for Infinia Metal FYF today from LTF DCB.

I had got an upgrade option for paid Infinia during Covid times and hadn’t opted for it since the benefits were comparable for my spends (and no travel during Covid). In hindsight, should have opted for it.

For the FYF, can anyone please point to any published TnCs for the 3L spend in 90 days requirement?

I had got an upgrade option for paid Infinia during Covid times and hadn’t opted for it since the benefits were comparable for my spends (and no travel during Covid). In hindsight, should have opted for it.

For the FYF, can anyone please point to any published TnCs for the 3L spend in 90 days requirement?
I have not seen any published material for fyf with 3L spend in 90 days. It was communicated over phone.

Reactions: RDR

For FYF offered cards, no spend criteria for first year...

Reactions: RDR

Its not for fyf.

3L spends are for cards which were paid from first year itself. If you spend 3L in first 90 days, joining fees will be reversed. In your case there is no joining fees hence no option to reverse it.

I see that there is a way to transfer Infinia points to KrisFlyer miles via Netbanking in 1:1 ratio. What's the typical value of 1 Krisflyer miles to INR. While booking have noticed that while redeeming it on Singapore flight for Nov/Dec '24, 1 KF miles roughly translates into 2.3INR on. Has someone tried?

I see that there is a way to transfer Infinia points to KrisFlyer miles via Netbanking in 1:1 ratio. What's the typical value of 1 Krisflyer miles to INR. While booking have noticed that while redeeming it on Singapore flight for Nov/Dec '24, 1 KF miles roughly translates into 2.3INR on. Has someone tried?
Value of Airmile is always dynamic in nature. For economy SQ, it will vary between 0.6-0.8 INR and business class can be more than 1-2 INR per point. Are you checking business class fare?

Back