• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Super Premium Cards Eligibility hiked!!!

Thats quite unlikely... I had checked for Dec a week back and INR to SQ point conversion was poor. Can you share some screenshots?
It'd need ~3K INR in addition to the miles on this sector. Not sure if I got this right but if it's just the miles shown + 3K, it would be a pretty good deal.

Attachments

• BOM-SIN Miles.webp
    BOM-SIN Miles.webp
    31.2 KB · Views: 24
  • BOM-SIN INR.webp
    BOM-SIN INR.webp
    24.4 KB · Views: 24
No, economy. Just trying to understand the point conversion to SQ. Pls try for Nov/Dec, if possible.
I have always gotten a value of 66 Paisa for economy tickets Singapore airlines
See the price on Google flights, it's less than 30000 return
don't get fooled by the ridiculously high revenue fare on Singapore airlines website

It'd need ~3K INR in addition to the miles on this sector. Not sure if I got this right but if it's just the miles shown + 3K, it would be a pretty good deal.
Pls don’t compare 64k SQ revenue fare with miles. Dec end fares are inflated for SQ and no one will book such fares on revenue

Regular Mumbai Singapore is around 30-35k return economy … compare to that SQ mile requirement of 40k miles + taxes pegs the SQ value at around ~0.7 InR only

Pls don’t compare 64k SQ revenue fare with miles. Dec end fares are inflated for SQ and no one will book such fares on revenue

Regular Mumbai Singapore is around 30-35k return economy … compare to that SQ mile requirement of 40k miles + taxes pegs the SQ value at around ~0.7 InR only
Makes sense. Thanks!

@_ayush @6ix9ine @MrMonkey
I had a call again with the HDFC branch staff today. This was regarding my account opening.
I wanted to open a basic salary account, but she is insisting me to open a savings account and then convert it to salary account. (It looks like that route gives her some additional points).
But even with my 1.7L salary they cannot guarantee any LTF credit cards. They are saying all cards will be paid or at the max FYF.
Since mine is a tier 1 employer and has tie up with HDFC, I was expecting to get Regalia Gold as LTF.
What do I do? Change the branch or go away from HDFC altogether?

I had a call again with the HDFC branch staff today. This was regarding my account opening.
I wanted to open a basic salary account, but she is insisting me to open a savings account and then convert it to salary account. (It looks like that route gives her some additional points).
But even with my 1.7L salary they cannot guarantee any LTF credit cards. They are saying all cards will be paid or at the max FYF.
Since mine is a tier 1 employer and has tie up with HDFC, I was expecting to get Regalia Gold as LTF.
Since recently, HDFC stopped issuing LTF cards. However, you should still be able to convert FYF cards to LTF based on the spends in initial months or during first year

You can't get Super premium cards as LTF after recent income criteria hike. At the max you may expect RG as LTF.
Also you may opt for salary account while opening as it becomes zero MAB from the beginning. You may choose to credit salary for 2-3 months and revert back to your existing bank. Account will remain zero bal from then onwards until you don't trouble or scold them.

You can't get Super premium cards as LTF after recent income criteria hike. At the max you may expect RG as LTF.
Also you may opt for salary account while opening as it becomes zero MAB from the beginning. You may choose to credit salary for 2-3 months and revert back to your existing bank. Account will remain zero bal from then onwards until you don't trouble or scold them.
This is so very true. My brother had it this way, his salary stopped coming a few years back, but that account is still active and is maintained as 0 MAB. He is doing very minimal transactions (1-2 per year), just to keep it active.

Yes I had went through an extensive search for the past few months for an HDFC card. They showed me a form that clearly says only the basic cards (up to Diners Club Privilege) can be given LTF (unless you pull a lot of very high-ranking strings).

However, there seems to also be a strange clause that if you are eligible for a higher card (like Reg Gold in your case) you will not receive any lower card LTF. This is what the guy told me, though I couldn't get any documentation for this.

I would suggest that you get in touch with some higher ups in your branch and check if your company has any tie up with HDFC for cards. If not you can get Regalia Gold FYF, but its quite easy to get fees waiver for it (4 lakh).

Way back in 2021, HDFC issued quite a few Super Premium LTFs and now they simply don't encourage LTFs at that layer. Also, ppl have found more ways than they would have anticipated to maximize their rewards 🙂 which wouldn't benefit banks and that has resulted into devaluations and more stringent eligibility criteria for top cards. Infact, they are now trying to move DCB and Infinia plastic variants out of circulation (many issued LTF then) by encouraging or enticing folks holding those to move to Metal variants which are either fully paid or FYF. I'm not sure if RG Gold LTF is a possibility as I don't track it but for DCBM & Infinia Metal, LTF pricing itself isn't there on the form.

If your employer has tie up, you should check with your Admin/HR on relationship manager assigned to your company account.

Usually there is one person who comes to open account for new joiners and they open salary account directly

Yes I had went through an extensive search for the past few months for an HDFC card. They showed me a form that clearly says only the basic cards (up to Diners Club Privilege) can be given LTF (unless you pull a lot of very high-ranking strings).

However, there seems to also be a strange clause that if you are eligible for a higher card (like Reg Gold in your case) you will not receive any lower card LTF. This is what the guy told me, though I couldn't get any documentation for this.

I would suggest that you get in touch with some higher ups in your branch and check if your company has any tie up with HDFC for cards. If not you can get Regalia Gold FYF, but its quite easy to get fees waiver for it (4 lakh).
Thanks for this information. Very useful.
1. I will talk to the HDFC bank guy who comes to our office for onboarding new joinees. He will have better info about cards than branch staff at my home town.
2. I will try to talk to a good BM and see what he says.
3. I will just open a salary account and wait for 3-4 months and see what offer pops up for me based on my salary credit. (But I am highly doubtful if any LTF offer comes up).
Do you know if HDFC shows if a card if LTF upfront? or we can know if only after we apply and after the card comes to our hands?

HDFC and Axis, both have good credit cards. There is a merit in having relationship with them.

With other banks such as ICICI etc. you can get credit cards fairly easily and even if you don't, you won't miss out on anything

I started my salary account with HDFC in 2015 with ~ 60K/month and it was a base account.

When my sal hit 1.25L, i got upgraded to Preferred banking and the only useful thing I did was the use of locker at 50% discount and I got the Regalia CC.
In 2022 I got DCB, my sal was 1.85 L and I got it as an upgrade by spending 5L in 6months on regalia and CL>5L.

In 2024 got an account upgrade to Imperia (again using it for free locker) and got Infinia after couple of months, again as an upgrade from DCB.
The long term relation helped I think to get Infinia as my salary was only 2.7L(Need 3 L) and I did not have the CL of 8L for the upgrade (my limit was 5.97L). Just had spends above 8 L in 6 months.

2.7 salary used to be enough to get infinia.
8L spends were added benefit that would have made the process easier.
RM said its hardcore 3L and need to take approval from Business head for 2.7 L.
I thought of trying my luck and just directly send the upgrade form, income docs and wrote a use case document to support my upgrade request, to their Chennai address.

Back