• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Super Premium Cards Eligibility hiked!!!

Spending is the best way to go with hdfc,got my infinia metal in may by using velocity pay to get upgraded from by business regalia to infinia metal. Spent 8 lakhs in 4 months and kept on mailing hdfc got rejected 4 times and finally 5th time they approved. If you are business owner just use velocity pay to pay some of your vendors, you will get reward points too and required spend will also be done.

and meanwhile my ULIP investment will continue to flourish for the coming 15 to 20 years time.. nice tax free retriment benefit...
Look at below, my Discovery Fund's preformance...

I boarded on this plane in December last year @ ~30.00 and it is now valued @ ~42... whopping 40% return..

View attachment 69960

Bro Nothing to discourage you but reality check is important.....Wait for Correction....I have seen 3 big crashes in my stock market journey & 2 multi year consolidations...Currently there is a euphoria like 2008.....Correction in Stock market and death are two inevitable events in life...The day is not far when Investors kasam khainge ki stock market mein ek rupaiya bhi nahin lagayenge...

Bro Nothing to discourage you but reality check is important.....Wait for Correction....I have seen 3 big crashes in my stock market journey...Currently there is a euphoria like 2008.....Correction in Stock market and death are two inevitable events in life...The day is not far when Investors kasam khainge ki stock market mein ek rupaiya bhi nahin lagayenge...
most importantly you missed the very KEY element that I suggested that everyone ignores..... UNLIMITED FREE FUND SWITCHES... did you understand what this mean?? and how to use it??

Please go and check Post no 38..
and try to understand what it means, and see how it helps..

1727274120216.webp

most importantly you missed the very KEY element that I suggested that everyone ignores..... UNLIMITED FREE FUND SWITCHES... did you understand what this mean?? and how to use it??
When it

Please go and check Post no 38..
and try to understand what it means, and see how it helps..

View attachment 70104
Not sharing for argument sake but just for knowledge transfer as an elder brother....I rest my case after this post....

Fund switch is nice feature but my key point is on the nature of the ULIP...Key question is will you be able to generate returns after adjusting all the costs....

Except 5 Mutual Funds...No Mutual Fund....No PMS...No Ulip can beat the annualized return of Nifty on a time frame of more than 10 years which is currently around 14%.....Secondly, In ULIP the real rate of return is much less than NAV returns on dashboard...I have seen this practically in case of my relatives... Just check this following post which explained it

Last edited:
I called up a HDFC person and with 1.3L salary as of now the only card I am eligible for is Millennia apparently. This is bullshit
After a lot of argument and trying to convince, they are now offering me.... Diners Club Privilege!! That too paid. I appeared offended and asked them why they are insulting me. I told them that I once had it and closed it because I was fed up with it, and that it has now become so utterly useless that it is as good as a stain. They said sorry sir, this is the best we can do. As a consolation, they offered to get it converted to LTF after application.

So after giving up trying to get SBI, ICICI and AU cards, I have now given up trying to get HDFC cards as well after trying for two years. Looks like I am stuck with Axis (and Amex) for all eternity now.

Preseverance does not always pay off, you see.

After a lot of argument and trying to convince, they are now offering me.... Diners Club Privilege!! That too paid. I appeared offended and asked them why they are insulting me. I told them that I once had it and closed it because I was fed up with it, and that it has now become so utterly useless that it is as good as a stain. They said sorry sir, this is the best we can do. As a consolation, they offered to get it converted to LTF after application.

So after giving up trying to get SBI, ICICI and AU cards, I have now given up trying to get HDFC cards as well after trying for two years. Looks like I am stuck with Axis (and Amex) for all eternity now.

Us bro Us. stuck with axis and amex.

though they are offering me Regalia Gold. but not in need for It will skip

Us bro Us. stuck with axis and amex.

though they are offering me Regalia Gold. but not in need for It will skip
If you have ambitions of DCB/Infinia, my advice would be to take Reg Gold and put good spends on it,

With the new eligibility criteria, it's easier to get upgrades then fresh cards

I remember you mentioning somewhere that you closed your regalia gold.... why close then and apply now again?

When it

Not sharing for argument sake but just for knowledge transfer as an elder brother....I rest my case after this post....

Fund switch is nice feature but my key point is on the nature of the ULIP...Key question is will you be able to generate returns after adjusting all the costs....

Except 5 Mutual Funds...No Mutual Fund....No PMS...No Ulip can beat the annualized return of Nifty on a time frame of more than 10 years which is currently around 14%.....Secondly, In ULIP the real rate of return is much less than NAV returns on dashboard...I have seen this practically in case of my relatives... Just check this following post which explained it

I concur. If one is making decent returns with ULIPs, s/he would likely have made much better returns elsewhere. Even I feel, with ULIPs opportunity cost is huge. Ofcourse, some folks may see good returns with this product purely because mkt has been going up & up with no material correction for long. There are charges and fees which reduce the overall returns, benefit the issuer more and not so the investor.

Last edited:
I remember you mentioning somewhere that you closed your regalia gold.... why close then and apply now again?
Yeah I closed it then because they were not willing to waive off the annual fees... I was trying for DCBM or Infinia. However all that I am being offered is DCP currently. Not trying for Regalia G at all.

Spending is the best way to go with hdfc,got my infinia metal in may by using velocity pay to get upgraded from by business regalia to infinia metal. Spent 8 lakhs in 4 months and kept on mailing hdfc got rejected 4 times and finally 5th time they approved. If you are business owner just use velocity pay to pay some of your vendors, you will get reward points too and required spend will also be done.
Is it charging fees or hdfc will charge fee for making these transactions?

Can you tell me your limit before upgrade?

When it

ULIP route isn’t meant for people who have limited resources or investments and worried about the return. It is meant for people who wanted the card and took the easy route. Even this route is not easily available now and you still need to meet some guidelines. If you can barely save 2 to 3 lakhs a year and this is the only investment you can make or even if you are investing max 5 to 10 lakhs a year, then, yes, you should be worried about the return on the 2 to 3 lakhs invested in a ULIP. In such a scenario, the person isn’t an ideal candidate for the Infinia in any case. Infinia is meant for people with high income, who spend a lot and thus a couple of lakhs per year is a small amount for them. Let’s say, you are investing 50 lakhs per year and have several crores invested in various products. Then, a couple of lakhs generating 8% or 12% wouldn’t worry you too much as you have a significantly higher amount invested elsewhere.

Coming to the ULIP, a lot of people close them after 2,3 or 5 years. That is the worst course of action. There are high allocation charges for the first 4 years. If you hold on to the end, all allocation charges are refunded 2x (twice what was charged) starting at the 10th year and all mortality charges are refunded 2x as well. In addition, at maturity, all fund management charges are refunded as well. So, obviously, there is some opportunity cost as lesser amount is invested but the 2x refund and the tax savings on gains make up for this to some extent. So, if you close your ULIP before holding it for at least 14 years, you would get a much lower return compared to a mutual fund. If you hold it till maturity, the returns would get close to a similar MF. For some reason, most people ignore these facts and keep crying how ULIPs are terrible. The gains in a ULIP only start after 5 years and get better after about 14 years when you get the extra gains from the addition of the refund of allocation and mortality charges. I am taking about HDFC ULIPs here. Other companies have different plans but generally speaking, all offer some refund of charges as well as bonuses for staying invested.

Reactions: SSV
ULIP route isn’t meant for people who have limited resources or investments and worried about the return. It is meant for people who wanted the card and took the easy route. Even this route is not easily available now and you still need to meet some guidelines. If you can barely save 2 to 3 lakhs a year and this is the only investment you can make or even if you are investing max 5 to 10 lakhs a year, then, yes, you should be worried about the return on the 2 to 3 lakhs invested in a ULIP. In such a scenario, the person isn’t an ideal candidate for the Infinia in any case. Infinia is meant for people with high income, who spend a lot and thus a couple of lakhs per year is a small amount for them. Let’s say, you are investing 50 lakhs per year and have several crores invested in various products. Then, a couple of lakhs generating 8% or 12% wouldn’t worry you too much as you have a significantly higher amount invested elsewhere.
Coming to the ULIP, a lot of people close them after 2,3 or 5 years. That is the worst course of action. There are high allocation charges for the first 4 years. If you hold on to the end, all allocation charges are refunded 2x (twice what was charged) starting at the 10th year and all mortality charges are refunded 2x as well. In addition, at maturity, all fund management charges are refunded as well. So, obviously, there is some opportunity cost as lesser amount is invested but the 2x refund and the tax savings on gains make up for this to some extent. So, if you close your ULIP before holding it for at least 14 years, you would get a much lower return compared to a mutual fund. If you hold it till maturity, the returns would get close to a similar MF. For some reason, most people ignore these facts and keep crying how ULIPs are terrible.
@drsel and you are getting infinia at a throw away price of 5L FD

Is it charging fees or hdfc will charge fee for making these transactions?

Can you tell me your limit before upgrade?
For new users it charges 1% i had 8.4 lakhs limit for the past few years, business regalia gave me milestone bonus and regular reward points so the fees was balanced out. After the infinia upgrade was given the limit of 10.4 lakhs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240926_152231_Velocity Pay.webp
    Screenshot_20240926_152231_Velocity Pay.webp
    24.2 KB · Views: 34
HDFC want's to silence him as he is the only PR of M4B.

@drsel - beg pray tell to the audience
I told them that I am a credit card enthusiast and I love collecting the best credit cards, and this is the only excellent card missing in my portfolio of the best credit cards in India.

It also helps to have a world record credit score 893/900 on Experian--

Screenshot_2024-09-26-16-22-05-61_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7~2.webp

Last edited:
Back