• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How much initial funding required for HDFC Savings Max account ?

Solution
What is the initial funding required to open HDFC Savings Max account ? Bank representative have asked for 5 lakhs initial funding but didn't find anything on the website.

You can open the HDFC saving max account with just 25K initial funding.The Average Monthly Balance (AMB) in the SavingsMax Account should be Rs. 25,000 or maintain requisite FD Relationship as per branch location.FD Relationship of Rs 1.50 lakh in Metro/ Urban location snd Rs 1 lakh in Semi Urban / Rural location

Bhaskar

TF Premier
Yes through ATM you can change the Mobile number.Maximum Time frame for processing is 2 working days but it will be processed within a day.
Bro one more query. I have not got any mail or sms from hdfc but I can see a visa platinum debit card in my account and branch name also changed to my branch. Now I have sent 1 rupee and it got added in the account. But still app shows update your kyc with bank. So how to know if my account got activated or not? And when to deposit the 25k?

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Bro one more query. I have not got any mail or sms from hdfc but I can see a visa platinum debit card in my account and branch name also changed to my branch. Now I have sent 1 rupee and it got added in the account. But still app shows update your kyc with bank. So how to know if my account got activated or not? And when to deposit the 25k?
It takes around a week or two to update in app, don't worry if debit card is issued that means your account has been successfully activated. You can make UPI payment using HDFC mobile banking app even before you receive DC. Mine was also not updated in app for a long time, so went to branch and they confirmed that KYC is updated no need to worry.

Bhaskar

TF Premier
It takes around a week or two to update in app, don't worry if debit card is issued that means your account has been successfully activated. You can make UPI payment using HDFC mobile banking app even before you receive DC. Mine was also not updated in app for a long time, so went to branch and they confirmed that KYC is updated no need to worry.
Okay thanks for the update. Should I transfer 25k now? Or wait for further communication?

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
See do these things.
First activate mobile banking and set Pin for debit card.Use Inapp UPI for doing transactions.Many things updated day by day.If you are worried about AMB then it will be updated in a week according to variant.Initially it will be zero.The day it will changes from 0 to 25k ,AMB will be counted from that day.For tracking this you have to check on Net banking daily basis.To avoid this you can deposited required balance as per account variant today itself.If again there is any issue keep posting here.

Bhaskar

TF Premier
See do these things.
First activate mobile banking and set Pin for debit card.Use Inapp UPI for doing transactions.Many things updated day by day.If you are worried about AMB then it will be updated in a week according to variant.Initially it will be zero.The day it will changes from 0 to 25k ,AMB will be counted from that day.For tracking this you have to check on Net banking daily basis.To avoid this you can deposited required balance as per account variant today itself.If again there is any issue keep posting here.
Okay. Appreciate your support 🙏 did UPI transaction and it was successful. Will deposit the required money today itself then. Thank you.

Reactions: Rkr

Bhaskar

TF Premier
Hi guys new problem 😄 my savings max account got activated and I changed the mobile number through atm . Now I can't use UPI in hdfc mobile app. Working perfectly on Paytm phonepe etc. It shows error as attached below. Please help.

Attachments

• IMG_20230712_223810.jpg
    IMG_20230712_223810.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 29

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Hi guys new problem 😄 my savings max account got activated and I changed the mobile number through atm . Now I can't use UPI in hdfc mobile app. Working perfectly on Paytm phonepe etc. It shows error as attached below. Please help.
Have you registered for mbanking again after changing number?

crazyuploader

TF Premier
no not sure hence wanted to check with you , since HDC by default enabled the Auto sweep in for me and not they are not disabling it stating it is on by default for saving max account
Even I opened my HDFC Savings Max account online, and don't think Auto Sweep In facility is enabled for my account, account was activated an hour or two later, just welcome kit took a while to arrive. Overall, the onboarding process was smooth AF!

uday1821

TF Buzz
What is the initial funding required to open HDFC Savings Max account ? Bank representative have asked for 5 lakhs initial funding but didn't find anything on the website.

Same asked to me for 5 lakh initial funding for saving max account

kishorvr

TF Premier
I upgraded to savingsmax couple of months ago to enjoy the free debit card. But my statement says PRIME. I asked the customer care about this and they said it is a PRIME account. On website I see that it is listed under high net worth banking. How beneficial is it than Savingsmax? What are its benefits?

paresh22

TF Ace
I upgraded to savingsmax couple of months ago to enjoy the free debit card. But my statement says PRIME. I asked the customer care about this and they said it is a PRIME account. On website I see that it is listed under high net worth banking. How beneficial is it than Savingsmax? What are its benefits?
SavingsMax is a savings bank account. Prime is relationship status with HDFC bank. To get any high networth banking relationship status you need to qualify their eligibility criteria and can have any type of savings account. I see prime information as given here https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/save/high-networth-banking/premier-banking/prime
Looks like for Prime there is no criteria defined on this page.

Reactions: Rkr
Yesterday, I tried opening saving max account online through aadhar based KYC but did not get any option for VKYC after submitting the details. Instead it says that :
1. A representative will be calling me for fixing appointment for taking my signature and and get signed docs OR
2. I visit any HDFC branch with my documents to open the account.
post.jpg

Anyone faced the same issue. I thought online account opening through aadhar & VKYC was the norms being followed for opening the account online . I haven't got a single call/mail/sms from the bank regarding this application.

Did you leave the vkyc work for some day.
I was able to do vkyc.
Nope.. Followed the normal procedure, got PAN, aadhar , blank paper ready and submitted the application.. But got the above page. Gave a call to customer care today, they have not received any application till now and have given a no. to do the VKYC. But noone picks up the call... Seems have to visit the branch to get this done.

Bhaskar

TF Premier
Yesterday, I tried opening saving max account online through aadhar based KYC but did not get any option for VKYC after submitting the details. Instead it says that :
1. A representative will be calling me for fixing appointment for taking my signature and and get signed docs OR
2. I visit any HDFC branch with my documents to open the account.
post.jpg

Anyone faced the same issue. I thought online account opening through aadhar & VKYC was the norms being followed for opening the account online . I haven't got a single call/mail/sms from the bank regarding this application.
Did you use different number? Because if aadhar registered no. not used then vkyc option won't be available.