• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to file complaint on RBI ombudsman portal?

hellobois

TF Legend
I have opened an Standard Chartered Bank Prime savings account to get cashback debit card.
I opened the account in last week of December 2023 but I came to know that the debit card features got devalued so I closed the account on 2nd Jan 2024 i.e. within 14 days to avoid account closure charges.
I submitted the application physically in home branch and the executive told me that it will be closed within 10 working days.
The account is 2 lakh MAB and it has not been closed yet.
I have mailed to the bank 3 times regarding the same but no resolution provided yet.
They may charge non Maintenance charges as there is no balance in the account.
Please help me regarding this situation.
Should I approach RBI ombudsman as i do not have any receipt or acknowledgement from the bank regarding account closure application.
Thanks in advance.

You could have asked them to convert it to the BSBD account. Yesterday, I went to the branch to close my Prime account and I was prepared to pay those 500+GST charges. However, after reviewing my profile, the executive discussed with his junior about the average balance in the account and offered to downgrade it to a BSBD account instead. He mentioned there are no limitations on transactions and I could also keep the debit card for free. So, I agreed to it.

Also, regarding your query about approaching the RBI ombudsman regarding the delay in account closure, there are a few additional factors to consider. Firstly, do you have any acknowledgement or reference number regarding your account closure request? Without this, it would be challenging to substantiate your claim.

Furthermore, to file a complaint with the RBI ombudsman, you need to wait for a minimum of 30 days after your initial contact with the bank. You'll need evidence to prove that the bank failed to take action despite this timeframe.

Back